Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    Lonny Go play with the guys looking for a Ringo , just give them a call and take a red kit and go play the songs - if you get the gig then fix up a costume and a kit- Remember all those guys were small English LADS!
    In their picture they look almost identical to The Fab 4. There is nothing I could do to make me look like Ringo. He's smaller and has a large nose. Those things can't be changed that much. Other adds sound really good and then they end with "someone between 20 and 35 years of age." Bums me!

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. It seemed like we were all writing around an ugly elephant in the center of the room and trying not to mention it. I'm not saying anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Where are you going to get the wrap? That Delmar wrap is hard to match, but you can come close if you visit Precision Drum Company.
    I think I'm going to order from Precision and JamminSam and see which matches best! I've heard really good things from both. I am also considering going with an orange or pink instead so if the turquoise doesn't match, I don't have to worry!
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise

3. Away From The World

Most American's don't know or even care about this sports event, which is the oldest trophy in international sport, but redemption has never been sweeter.. the little guy triumphs against a billionaires resources with innovation, intelligence, skill and passion! This is HUGE for our nations economy and psyche...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/26/sp...usa/index.html

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

4. life start at 125bpm

i watched a part of the race on tivi.

this sport has changed a lot in the last 2 decades and is largely flooded by cash; the athletic aspect is still very important, but the technologies used to build fast boats is much more crucial boats are flying at around 40 mph easy ,carbon is everywhere and the boats barely toutch the water. new zealand was on top of its game . team new zealand came with a new system involving bicycling style man power instead of the arms activated grinders and it paid off .for a team with limited ressources compared to oracle , they came with creative solutions to win the race over oracle who was holding the title.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-26-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Bad Girlfriend

Dodgers 10 game winning streak ended today against The Angels.

Smooth sailing Mike! At first I thought it was Rugby. Congrats Kiwis!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

6. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i watched a part of the race on tivi.

this sport has changed a lot in the last 2 decades and is largely flooded by cash; the athletic aspect is still very important, but the technologies used to build fast boats is much more crucial boats are flying at around 40 mph easy ,carbon is everywhere and the boats barely toutch the water. new zealand was on top of its game . team new zealand came with a new system involving bicycling style man power instead of the arms activated grinders and it paid off .for a team with limited ressources compared to oracle , they came with creative solutions to win the race over oracle who was holding the title.
    Well said Nelson, and yes the sport has changed a lot for sure. It had to really, one reason to become more attractive to sports fans with ever decreasing attention spans. A Kiwi who is the yachting boss for Oracle was the mastermind of that. It's becoming like Formula One on water, and although the NZ team now has the right to change the rules, I can't see them going back to slower single hull boats. They will keep it exciting, but unlike Oracle they will make it a more even contest for everyone.

What happened 4 years ago in San Francisco where NZ were up against Oracle 8-1 and on match point, only to then lose 8 straight races and lose the series 8-9 was not only unbelievable, but left a sour taste in many peoples mouths. That technology could get introduced in the middle of a regatta that had such a dramatic impact on the contest, reminded many it was less about sailing and sportsmanship but more about money and status. Our government even invested millions in that challenge, and after what happened said they would not support it again. Which makes this win even more remarkable, the team had to find more private bank-rollers to make it happen, and it nearly didn't. Also many Kiwi's (including me) said we would not support it any more, citing the unfair nature of the contest and that it's more a rich man's playground than a true international event. Yet 4 years later we are on the bandwagon again! Fair-weather fans perhaps but everyone loves a winner, and here we root for the underdog, not to mention the many hundreds of millions of dollars it will inject into our economy over the coming years!

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Dodgers 10 game winning streak ended today against The Angels.

Smooth sailing Mike! At first I thought it was Rugby. Congrats Kiwis!
    Hey Lonny! Well you can say it is smooth sailing, on the water and on the rugby field too! It's a good time to be a Kiwi sports fan, with the America's Cup win and our "All Blacks" rugby team ruling the rugby world. The British Lions are currently touring here, who is a rugby squad picked from the best players of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. It's a big event, which happens once every 12 years. Thousands of supporters from Britain come down here and travel the country supporting their team, in fact I stayed in a hotel last weekend in another city where some were staying. They play several provincial rugby teams during the tour, and 3 games against the All Blacks. It is currently 1-0 to us, and the next game is this coming weekend.

Go the Dodgers!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

7. Skeld-the -wicked

30 years happened because you made the commitment to do whatever it takes but without the help of others as you know this will not work. My wife also has 30 and I have 23 years without Mr Slick.

I do struggle sometimes when I see that former me in the audience acting like a fool but all can do remember what it was like to have no hope until I made the decision to ask for help. Life still happens but it's so much easier Living Clean.

Nova, please consider doing a Fun with the Red Glass Glitter 3 , that would be cool. Good luck with future endeavors.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    30 years happened because you made the commitment to do whatever it takes but without the help of others as you know this will not work. My wife also has 30 and I have 23 years without Mr Slick. I do struggle sometimes when I see that former me in the audience acting like a fool but all can do remember what it was like to have no hope until I made the decision to ask for help. Life still happens but it's so much easier Living Clean. Nova, please consider doing a Fun with the Red Glass Glitter 3 , that would be cool. Good luck with future endeavors.
    I'm liking this thread Paul. When I see drunks I always think "But For The Grace Of God". I used to get 5 to 50 a night for those 22 years I worked in the ER. Sometimes I added a Lipase or an amalayse to their labs to check for pancreatitis and have to keep them to detox. Many of OD's we gave narcan to just in the nick of time and saved their lives and they would say; "you wrecked my high; you should have let me go!" I don't miss it, think it, or want it anymore and we are the Lucky Few that have recovered! Good work Paul and one day at a time!
    Last edited by nova; 06-27-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

9. Natural Finish Army

Hey Mike, I hear yeah about the "Americas Cup". But, as Nelson said, they really have jumped the shark over the last 10 - 20 years. As a kid I followed it as much as I could through Sail magazines. I've always loved to sail, although the last few years I have not done much.

And why is it that the powers to be in the sport (or any sport) feel they need to change it to get more "attention". That ALWAYS ruins the very core of what the sport is all about. The Americas Cup survived for well over 100 years. And was one of the most coveted trophies there was. True, not many were able to participate, but it was supported by people who really cared about the sport, and that's all that really matters ........... isn't it ?

Any ways, glad this thread is still going, even if it's a different name. You guys are the best. Lets keep it rolling.

10. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Most American's don't know or even care about this sports event

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/26/sp...usa/index.html

haha. i bet you regret it by now doesn't it ? ?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Bad Girlfriend

https://youtu.be/ROG2Vy55_1c

Some things happened from craigslist last night that could be encouraging; and could be nothing. Hey Jeff! Go Tigers! Our birthday's are rapidly approaching and I would still like that Piano Black 6 pc Tama Star with HH Artisan Cymbals. Hope you guys are working on that!

I still just keep up with Baseball and Football and watch the NBA playoffs if The Lakers are in it - (and sometimes Lobo Basketball).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nova; 06-27-2017 at 09:54 AM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well said Nelson, and yes the sport has changed a lot for sure. It had to really, one reason to become more attractive to sports fans with ever decreasing attention spans. A Kiwi who is the yachting boss for Oracle was the mastermind of that. It's becoming like Formula One on water
    formula one is about to give a lesson to the world of sport events promotors that bringing a high profile sport back from the ashes is possible ; with ecclestone ( the formula 1 boss of the last 5 decades ) , the fans and general interest were long time gone , and the show was a pathetic defilee ; the new formula one owners kicked ecclestone out, re established less stringent rules ; the cars in 2017 are shrinking 3 to 4 seconds BY LAP then produce more G force in the corners , are now wider, engine are gaining muscles , tires are back with much more width then grip , rules regarding aerodynamics are less restrictive, and the pilots are back with pure bred alike cars sliding in the corners at high speed like it was long ago back in the GILLES VILLENEUVE era ; the days where a simple fight between two drivers on the brakes approaching a corner were punished are over. true racing at its best ; so people regain interest, get back to the races and sponsors are lined up to find a spot for exposure.

this is the occasion to highlight the fact that LANCE STROLL ,the 1st canadian since GILLES VILLENEUVE in F1 scored his first points in f1 with an impressive 3rd place for WILLIAMS . he's the youngest rookie driver who has jumped on the box in its 1st year in F1 .
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-27-2017 at 10:21 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's