Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960
  1. Away From The World

47 years old already... time sure does go quicker each year that passes. I need to play more drums!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    47 years old already... time sure does go quicker each year that passes. I need to play more drums!
    I just turned 47 a few weeks ago Mike. I didn't know we were that close in age. Enjoy your drums whenever you can!
    Anyone who owns a 14x6.5 Reference Snare OR a 14x5.5/6.5 Masters Premium Snare AND is interested in trading their chrome hardware for black hardware, PM me!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you had a great one!

4. Chomp, Chomp

Happy Birthday Mike. I feel old.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

5. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I just turned 47 a few weeks ago Mike. I didn't know we were that close in age. Enjoy your drums whenever you can!
    Pups.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Pups.
    Wish I felt like a pup. The winters are making me want to join Marv and my father in Florida.
    Anyone who owns a 14x6.5 Reference Snare OR a 14x5.5/6.5 Masters Premium Snare AND is interested in trading their chrome hardware for black hardware, PM me!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. Chomp, Chomp

Wish I felt like a pup. The winters are making me want to join Marv and my father in Florida.
    Come on down. This past winter was the mildest I’ve seen in 44 years. We only had 3 or 4 days that didn’t make it into the 70’s. Of course we have hurricane season. I just contracted to have either accordion shutters or impact resistant windows on all openings. Because of the roof line, I have to go with impact resistant glass on two openings. The engineers will be at my house on Thursday to get exact specs. Installation was promised by July, just in time for hurricane season. I should be able to secure my entire house in about one hour.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

8. Vintage 1968

When I was about your age is when I started feeling the cold in my hands.

I didn't like it.

The cold would react with my arthritis and just make my finger joints ache. Several years ago I was on a work trip from Missouri to Maryland. It was January, and I landed in St. Louis and it was -18 degrees F. It never got above -12 the whole trip. My hands ached the whole time.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Come on down. This past winter was the mildest I’ve seen in 44 years. We only had 3 or 4 days that didn’t make it into the 70’s. Of course we have hurricane season. I just contracted to have either accordion shutters or impact resistant windows on all openings. Because of the roof line, I have to go with impact resistant glass on two openings. The engineers will be at my house on Thursday to get exact specs. Installation was promised by July, just in time for hurricane season. I should be able to secure my entire house in about one hour.
    How often do you have pest control spray around your house? My Dad says the bugs are relentless down there.

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Away From The World

Thanks Matt, you can feel better now knowing you are not so much older than me

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Happy Birthday Mike! Hope you had a great one!
    Thanks LD, saw you on FB!

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Happy Birthday Mike. I feel old.
    Thanks Marv, all relative I guess. I feel old talking to staff in my office 20+ years my junior, and being where they are seems like it was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Pups.
    Ha thanks, maybe I feel better knowing I am only 6-7 in dog years

Had a great day with my wife and daughter, I have much to be thankful for!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

11. Chomp, Chomp

How often do you have pest control spray around your house? My Dad says the bugs are relentless down there.
    I really don’t have a problem. About once a year I get the little crazy ants. The key with them is finding the trail and then using Terro. It can sometimes take weeks to find a trail, but once you do, Terro gets rid of them in 12 hours. I spray my lawn twice a year for chinch bugs and fleas. That’s it. Years ago I had a bout with white footed ants. I had some palm trees very close to my house and the ants were getting into my crawl space (attic). I set off some bug bombs in the crawl space and that took care of those.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals