Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 577 to 588 of 588
  1. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    The only thing better than fish in Venice Beach was the beautiful girls! I couldn't go to the store without bringing a new girl friend back with me. I noticed that the Red Lobster in Pasadena, CA is usually empty. Here in ABQ we have 2 Red Lobsters and there is always a line of people patiently waiting. I would love to try some New Orleans and (Cajun) cooking!

    Tonight is "Taco Tuesday" here with pinto beans.
    Lonnie, Louisiana in general has some awesome food! I did some work over around Shreveport and fell in love with Etouffee. Been to the State several times, and it never disappoints. New Orleans probably has the best mix, but the rest of the State has some wonderful cooking as well.

    Marty, if you were in Gulf Shores you were several hours south of me!
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:


  2. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    I live in south Florida. Fresh fish is everywhere, but yet I see so much imported fish, much from South America. It’s really buyer beware when shopping for fish down here. Several of my friends are avid fishermen and do a lot of fishing in the Gulf. Ever since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill they’ve been seeing a lot of larger fish with suspicious growths. While they won’t eat them, I wonder how many of those fish make it to dinner plates. I’m sure I’ve consumed some. Now there’s talk of drilling for oil in the gulf off the Florida coast.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I live in south Florida. Fresh fish is everywhere, but yet I see so much imported fish, much from South America. It’s really buyer beware when shopping for fish down here. Several of my friends are avid fishermen and do a lot of fishing in the Gulf. Ever since the Deepwater Horizon oil spill they’ve been seeing a lot of larger fish with suspicious growths. While they won’t eat them, I wonder how many of those fish make it to dinner plates. I’m sure I’ve consumed some. Now there’s talk of drilling for oil in the gulf off the Florida coast.
    The fish in Aruba was astounding... if you know the fish is coming from that area, just above Venezuela, I would recommend it. Maybe there are places in South America that are less desirable for getting fish. But just north of South America seemed to be a great place.
    *WANT TO BUY* Tama Melody Master 14x5.5 snare drum with DT Graphics, Black or White EMAIL ME.

    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    The fish in Aruba was astounding... if you know the fish is coming from that area, just above Venezuela, I would recommend it. Maybe there are places in South America that are less desirable for getting fish. But just north of South America seemed to be a great place.
    I don’t have any problems with Caribbean caught fish. I’m seeing a lot of fish from Chile. I always find it funny when I see Pacific Halibut as “fresh.”
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

  5. Too Hot To Handle

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I love me some fish. My family went to Gulf Shores Alabama a few years back and I must say, after 3 days of seafood I was ready to butcher my own cow. Literally - " Where's the Beef!"



    Attachment 507700
    That lady was the bomb back when Wendy's came out with that line. Now we have the Discount Tire Lady returning her tire!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  6. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,394

    Default

    Well I've done it now... booked the flights for the biggest vacation of my life, in September/October. My wife is from England and has always wanted to take me over there, and after 15 years will get her wish. Almost 5 weeks in UK/Europe, and 2 weeks in the US on the way home. Pity I'm only going to LA and Colorado Springs!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


  7. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well I've done it now... booked the flights for the biggest vacation of my life, in September/October. My wife is from England and has always wanted to take me over there, and after 15 years will get her wish. Almost 5 weeks in UK/Europe, and 2 weeks in the US on the way home. Pity I'm only going to LA and Colorado Springs!
    Sounds Great Kiwi, where about in the UK you coming to?
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  8. Too Hot To Handle

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well I've done it now... booked the flights for the biggest vacation of my life, in September/October. My wife is from England and has always wanted to take me over there, and after 15 years will get her wish. Almost 5 weeks in UK/Europe, and 2 weeks in the US on the way home. Pity I'm only going to LA and Colorado Springs!
    In LA, go to Disneyland (The Happiest Place on Earth), Knotts Berry Farm, Santa Monica and Venice Beach, Dodger Stadium for a game (and I'm sure they will be in the hunt for another World Series), Huntington Library, Rose Garden, and Museum with the original Blue Boy and a Gutenberg Bible, and Medieval Times (in Anaheim). Also Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood.

    I've always wanted to tour the castles in Wales. Where is your wife from?
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  9. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well I've done it now... booked the flights for the biggest vacation of my life, in September/October. My wife is from England and has always wanted to take me over there, and after 15 years will get her wish. Almost 5 weeks in UK/Europe, and 2 weeks in the US on the way home. Pity I'm only going to LA and Colorado Springs!
    Leave some room in your luggage for a cymbal or two. There’s a couple of first class drum shops in LA, and Rupp’s is in Denver.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

  10. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Sounds Great Kiwi, where about in the UK you coming to?
    Will be based in London for a time, as my sister-in-law lives there. Also have extended family to visit in Stoke-on-Trent. Otherwise the itinerary is wide open at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    In LA, go to Disneyland (The Happiest Place on Earth), Knotts Berry Farm, Santa Monica and Venice Beach, Dodger Stadium for a game (and I'm sure they will be in the hunt for another World Series), Huntington Library, Rose Garden, and Museum with the original Blue Boy and a Gutenberg Bible, and Medieval Times (in Anaheim). Also Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood. I've always wanted to tour the castles in Wales. Where is your wife from?
    Thanks Lonny, will visit some of those I'm sure. We have Kiwi friends who live in Menifee CA that we will stay with, and travel from there. Disneyland and Legoland are on my daughters short list, along with an ice hockey game. My wife is from Stoke-on-Trent in England. The story goes her parents came to New Zealand for a vacation when she was 4 years old, and never went home. I do think they had some idea that might happen. I've been to the US three times since 1991, but never to Europe. I'll admit to being somewhat apathetic towards the idea of going there, but I knew it would happen at some stage. My daughter will be almost 10 when we go, so a good age to take things in. I'm sure I'll get more excited as we plan it and as the time draws nearer. Though I don't want to spend most of my time focused on the trip, otherwise I'll be wishing away 2018 and it will go quicker than last year!

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Leave some room in your luggage for a cymbal or two. There’s a couple of first class drum shops in LA, and Rupp’s is in Denver.
    Indeed Marv, I will look up drum stores closest to where we will be. I bought my original Reference kit from Bentley's in Fresno, and would like to visit the store. Though as I discovered its almost a 6 hour drive from our friends house, which is the same as driving from our place to my in-laws down here. Long travel is par for the course in your land!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


  11. Too Hot To Handle

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,893

    Default

    Colorado Springs features Pike's Peak where I got my 50 miles award going up it and over it and around to a mining town; with 24 hours of conservation work. It also has The Air Force Academy with the largest pipe organ I have ever seen. I went to WI once.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  12. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Colorado Springs features Pike's Peak where I got my 50 miles award going up it and over it and around to a mining town; with 24 hours of conservation work. It also has The Air Force Academy with the largest pipe organ I have ever seen. I went to WI once.
    We were last in CS at Christmas in 2003. Rode the train up Pikes Peak which was a great view. Was keen to see the Air Force Academy, but at the time it was not open to the public as a consequence of 9/11.

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •