Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 38 of 144 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
  1. Chomp, Chomp

I know there’s a gamble with this shell, but that’s a chance I’m willing to take. The shell with edges and beds should cost around $300. If the shell turns out to be a dud, I can always use the hardware on another shell. On the other hand, I could wind up with a one of a kind beauty. I don’t know of another one piece, solid mahogany shell snare drum on the market, especially one with a translucent epoxy section. I would also have a drum with all the hardware of my choice. Every drum and cymbal we buy is a gamble. I know I’ve purchased drums and cymbals on line without hearing them first. As for warranty, the only company out there with a truly no hassle warranty is Pearl.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I know there’s a gamble with this shell, but that’s a chance I’m willing to take. The shell with edges and beds should cost around $300. If the shell turns out to be a dud, I can always use the hardware on another shell. On the other hand, I could wind up with a one of a kind beauty. I don’t know of another one piece, solid mahogany shell snare drum on the market, especially one with a translucent epoxy section. I would also have a drum with all the hardware of my choice. Every drum and cymbal we buy is a gamble. I know I’ve purchased drums and cymbals on line without hearing them first. As for warranty, the only company out there with a truly no hassle warranty is Pearl.
    The next time you talk to the maker, will you ask him if it will be less to make the shell without the epoxy insert, or if he will even make it without the insert, just wood?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Chomp, Chomp

I didn’t ask about price, but I did ask if he could make the shell without inserts. I think he was a bit insulted, but he said he’d make whatever I wantfn. He’s very into his epoxy inserts. He wanted to do a larger or multiple inserts. I just wanted one for accent. I’m still waiting to see what kind of wood he has.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

4. Playing since 1976

I'm sending you a text.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Chomp, Chomp

I still haven’t heard from the wood turner, but I did do something in anticipation of getting the shell. Musician’s Friend has a price drop on the Tama SLP Mirage snare. It’s down to $250. They also are running a 17% off everything sale which brings the price down to $207. Then with their 8% cash back, it’s down to $191. I couldn’t buy the hoops, throw off and adjustable but end for that. Now I own two SLP Mirage snares, but hopefully one will just be a shell befor long.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

6. life start at 125bpm

I still haven’t heard from the wood turner, but I did do something in anticipation of getting the shell. Musician’s Friend has a price drop on the Tama SLP Mirage snare. It’s down to $250. They also are running a 17% off everything sale which brings the price down to $207. Then with their 8% cash back, it’s down to $191. I couldn’t buy the hoops, throw off and adjustable but end for that. Now I own two SLP Mirage snares, but hopefully one will just be a shell befor long.
    which will recoup even more money if you sell the naked shell afterward. good thinkering.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

7. Playing since 1976

That's a killer deal Marv! Does the Mirage come with the adjustable butt?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That's a killer deal Marv! Does the Mirage come with the adjustable butt?
    Yes it does.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

9. Playing since 1976

Yes it does.
    The cast hoops, throw off, and butt alone would cost $225... so you're getting an AWESOME deal!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    The cast hoops, throw off, and butt alone would cost $225... so you're getting an AWESOME deal!
    I'll say! Fantastic.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

11. Unban nik12

I might have to jump on that since my Mapex bit the dust. How do you get the extra 8% discount?

12. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    I might have to jump on that since my Mapex bit the dust. How do you get the extra 8% discount?
    Mitch, I already have an SLP Mirage and it’s a very cool drum. Like Matt said, the hardware would cost more than the drum. MF has a 17% off everything sale. You can get 8% cash back by joining their Back Stage club. It’s free and you get 8% cash back on your next purchase. Points expire after six months.

The SLP Mirage has die cast hoops, the top of the line MLS 50 throw off and and adjustable butt end. It also comes with really nice lugs and Starclassic snares. I paid $240 for my first SLP Mirage and thought I got a good deal. This is a great deal on a very cool drum.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals