Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Results 313 to 323 of 323
  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    3 Cheers for Marv and Scott; hurricane survivors!
    Here here!
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR OFFERS.

    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Here here!
    Heck Yes Glad to Hear those guys are OK other than some major clean up, I have a friend who just moved from West Melbourne to near the Beach He lost nothing but power and Cell , Glad Marv and Scott are OK. Also Great to see all the positive vibe for a storm that could have really REALLY hurts a bunch of folks
    Needing 12x9 MMX TOM have 12x 10 available

    MMX 14 x 6.5 SNARE GOLD Hdw
    Purple Mist
    For Sale
    MMX 14x6.5 Gold HDW
    purple Mist snare

  3. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    3 Cheers for Marv and Scott; hurricane survivors!


    Hope you never get another storm anywhere near to that!
    HEAR, HEAR!!

    Glad to see the impact was not as bad as what was possible, though still some serious damage. You don't wish harm on anyone but it is comforting when those you have contact with are doing okay, and are not the worst effected. A speedy recovery wished to all in Florida and beyond!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


  4. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    3 Cheers for Marv and Scott; hurricane survivors! Hope you never get another storm anywhere near to that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Here here!
    Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    Heck Yes Glad to Hear those guys are OK other than some major clean up, I have a friend who just moved from West Melbourne to near the Beach He lost nothing but power and Cell , Glad Marv and Scott are OK. Also Great to see all the positive vibe for a storm that could have really REALLY hurts a bunch of folks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    HEAR, HEAR!! Glad to see the impact was not as bad as what was possible, though still some serious damage. You don't wish harm on anyone but it is comforting when those you have contact with are doing okay, and are not the worst effected. A speedy recovery wished to all in Florida and beyond!

    Thanks guys. Your well wishes mean a lot. My tree has been cut up and sitting in front of my house awaiting removal. The roofer was her today and said that the roof repair will be about $800. We're getting back to normal. Driving around is scary. Lots of traffic lights are out. Those intersections are supposed to become 4 way stops, but many idiots don't bother stopping. Our city purchased a bunch of solar operated stop lights after Wilma, but they're in the middle of the intersection and many drivers don't even see them. Debris is everywhere. As bad as this is, I am so grateful that we still have our house with air conditioning. My wife's cousin lives in the Keys and lost everything. We sent supplies down to him yesterday with a friend who was going down. Only residents are being allowed in down there.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

  5. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Hear, hear indeed!

    Hey Marv, I'm sorry that your wife's cousin lost everything. From what we saw on the news the Keys were the hardest hit. It's truly amazing how many drivers don't know how to handle a 4-way intersection when the traffic lights are out. I'm glad that things are starting to get back to somewhat normal for you.
    Kevin

    Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

    Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

  6. There can be only 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Thanks guys. Your well wishes mean a lot. My tree has been cut up and sitting in front of my house awaiting removal. The roofer was her today and said that the roof repair will be about $800. We're getting back to normal. Driving around is scary. Lots of traffic lights are out. Those intersections are supposed to become 4 way stops, but many idiots don't bother stopping. Our city purchased a bunch of solar operated stop lights after Wilma, but they're in the middle of the intersection and many drivers don't even see them. Debris is everywhere. As bad as this is, I am so grateful that we still have our house with air conditioning. My wife's cousin lives in the Keys and lost everything. We sent supplies down to him yesterday with a friend who was going down. Only residents are being allowed in down there.

    Things are finally starting to get normal here in Central Florida. Most people have power but I know a handful of people that still don't have power. No power in Florida is rough in the summer. The gas stations seemed to have returned to normal & the trucks are starting to bring in stock for grocery stores. The hardware stores are booming now. I finally was able to clear all the downed limbs and whatnot. I still haven't been able to restock my fridge but hopefully this week the grocers will be 100%.

    There were lots of stop lights without power & your right....people have no idea how to use a 4 way stop.

    That sucks about your friend in the keys....they have a long journey ahead....hopefully it goes smoothly. I have a friend that knows a contractor that was going down to help rebuild & the rumor was that there are people coming by boat to the keys that are largely inaccessible & looting the place??? I haven't seen any news on that but it would not surprise me. Have you heard anything about that?

  7. Touch Too Much!

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    17,806

    Default

    Glad you're pretty well back to normal Scott. No power= no rock-n-roll live. Bet you're starting to feel the urge to play with the guys!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  8. There can be only 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Glad you're pretty well back to normal Scott. No power= no rock-n-roll live. Bet you're starting to feel the urge to play with the guys!
    Thanks, we had our first practice last night....it felt good.

  9. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    Hear, hear indeed! Hey Marv, I'm sorry that your wife's cousin lost everything. From what we saw on the news the Keys were the hardest hit. It's truly amazing how many drivers don't know how to handle a 4-way intersection when the traffic lights are out. I'm glad that things are starting to get back to somewhat normal for you.
    Thanks Kevin. We haven't heard from my wife's cousin since they started allowing people back into the Keys. I'm hoping it's just because of no cell service. Florida drivers are horrible when traffic signals are working. We're still cleaning up but things are getting back to normal.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    Things are finally starting to get normal here in Central Florida. Most people have power but I know a handful of people that still don't have power. No power in Florida is rough in the summer. The gas stations seemed to have returned to normal & the trucks are starting to bring in stock for grocery stores. The hardware stores are booming now. I finally was able to clear all the downed limbs and whatnot. I still haven't been able to restock my fridge but hopefully this week the grocers will be 100%. There were lots of stop lights without power & your right....people have no idea how to use a 4 way stop. That sucks about your friend in the keys....they have a long journey ahead....hopefully it goes smoothly. I have a friend that knows a contractor that was going down to help rebuild & the rumor was that there are people coming by boat to the keys that are largely inaccessible & looting the place??? I haven't seen any news on that but it would not surprise me. Have you heard anything about that?
    Most businesses have reopened around here too. Our pile of debris in front of house gets bigger every day. I haven't heard about looting down in the Keys, but it wouldn't surprise me. It seems to happen after every hurricane. It looks like Maria is going to turn north before it reaches Florida. I'm not ready to go through this again.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

  10. There can be only 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    It looks like Maria is going to turn north before it reaches Florida. I'm not ready to go through this again.
    That's for sure..... it's still way early in the season though.

  11. Rogue Ex-Mod

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ponderosa
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Glad to hear Marv and Scott are both safe!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

    Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •