Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,572 of 1634
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Lonny, we haven't heard from you in almost 6 weeks... I hope you're doing well. Let us know how you're healing up. Happy 4th as well!!!!
    I'm Still Alive and Well! (Johnny Winter). I haven't played since I fell on my tailbone but "Baseball been berry good to me." (SNL) I'm enjoying a break and the Dodgers are Killer (Alice Cooper) this year. My nephew is taking me to see Iron Maiden again for my birthday! Everybody have a Happy 4th of July!
    https://youtu.be/mb2frZOA1Fw

I've had my eye on a new MHX (w/ maple re rings) new at Musicians Friend for $1499.00 for a long time. They still have more than one. You might want to look at that Paul!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Skeld-the -wicked

I know how painful that can be Lonny, unfortunately it’s a long healing time. Eddie Murphy was hilarious in that skit. Remember Mr Robert’s Neighborhood? Landlord raised my rent! Brewers are doing well . Bucks came close . If you get a chance check out Yannis MVP acceptance speech. It’s awesome! Have fun boys and girls at Iron Maiden!

Thx for the MF MHX info .
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 5pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Bad Girlfriend

I feel pretty healed from that and am resting until I can get my mixing board fixed and find out what a crossover is that I need to run the Carvin 18" cabinets. I have some pressing bills again this month, but who knows?

https://youtu.be/tMmqwCLJEdk
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

4. Skeld-the -wicked

I’m glad you’re feeling better Lonny. I just picked up a new peavey unpowered 18 sub and for now I just daisy chain it from one of the main speakers and I just adjust the amp volume if needed. I would like to pick up another sub and a crossover . Go on Sweetwater.com for crossovers and they have info on how to hook them up . Also you can hook it up on aux send on your mixer.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 5pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

5. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    I’m glad you’re feeling better Lonny. I just picked up a new peavey unpowered 18 sub and for now I just daisy chain it from one of the main speakers and I just adjust the amp volume if needed. I would like to pick up another sub and a crossover . Go on Sweetwater.com for crossovers and they have info on how to hook them up . Also you can hook it up on aux send on your mixer.
    Sweetwater knows live sound! They get the details wrong on Masters Series drums often and won't correct it if pointed out. "I got hoked on RC Cola!" Daisy Chain" means in a line?
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

6. Vintage 1968

Normally daisy chain is hooking it up in series (in-line) as opposed to parallel. Everything is connected end to end. One wire gets cut everything downstream goes out.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    "I got hoked on RC Cola!"
    RC COLA has this ''ancient ''' cola taste which taste great to me.was my prefered cola when it was avilable over here.i don't do ''pop'' drinks anymore.sugar's level is too high.and i keep myself away from aspartam and such chemical sugars as well.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Away From The World

Happy July 4th Lonny and friends!

Hope you get a fine summers day, it was a very rainy day down here!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

9. Drumming Since 1943

Happy 4th boys and girls.

I'll most likely be picking up that Ref snare.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Happy 4th boys and girls.

I'll most likely be picking up that Ref snare.
    Have you played one before? I had a 6.5 x 14 Reference snare and didn't care much for it. It was just not versatile. It lacked both the ring and warmth that I favor in my snares. It did have a lot of crack. I liked my 5 x 14 as a high-tuned side snare, but the 6.5 I could just never get to sound the way I wanted it to. I'm not telling you to not get it, but if you have any way of trying one before you buy this one, I'd recommend you do.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Have you played one before? I had a 6.5 x 14 Reference snare and didn't care much for it. It was just not versatile. It lacked both the ring and warmth that I favor in my snares. It did have a lot of crack. I liked my 5 x 14 as a high-tuned side snare, but the 6.5 I could just never get to sound the way I wanted it to. I'm not telling you to not get it, but if you have any way of trying one before you buy this one, I'd recommend you do.
    Thank you for that. I appreciate it. However, I've always wanted a snare like that- that just produces a rifle crack. I have 7 other snares that all have various sound characteristics. This would simply be expanding the palette.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Happy 4th of July!

Wishing all of my good friends here in Lonny's Thread (and on the PDF) a very happy Independence Day!

Name:  4th of July 1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  11.5 KB

Name:  4th of July 2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  4th of July Fireworks.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  19.1 KB
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!