Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,609 to 1,620 of 1634
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Love your MHX Paul! So it's 6 plies Mahogany without re rings? Or is it 4 plies Mahogany w/ Mahogany re rings or maple re rings? I love it in any of those combinations!
    Thx Lonny, Eric is correct. 4ply Mahogany w 4ply Maple re rings.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 5pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. Bad Girlfriend

That's not the same Mahogany/ Maple rings that musiciansfriend still has in Brooklyn Burst. It has 4 plies; inner 2 Mahogany, outer 2 Maple, with maple re rings; $1499.00. You got a better kit for a lot less! Score!

Hey Eric! I saw Kevin's posts too!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Hey Lonny, it’s great to hear that you are feeling better and looking to jam again real soon.

I’m sure you’re following your Dodgers this summer. My Cubbies are hanging on to 1st place in the NL Central by the skin of their teeth. Paul’s Brewers are just a game behind us in the battle for the division. His new MHX kit is absolutely beautiful, and is a awesome addition to his collection.

I truly love the good ol summertime.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

4. Skeld-the -wicked

Default MHX all set up

More pics all set up tonight. I decided to move the rack toms to the left and I think I will keep it this way . I still can’t believe this deal actually happened! No muffling on any of the drums Emad heavyweight,EC2 clears on the toms.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 07-13-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

5. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    More pics all set up tonight. I decided to move the rack toms to the left and I think I will keep it this way . I still can’t believe this deal actually happened! No muffling on any of the drums Emad heavyweight,EC2 clears on the toms.
    Looks fantastic - congratulations. For me, it is tough to beat mahogany & I'd guess the age only makes it sound even better.

6. Chomp, Chomp

I find the offset toms to be much more playable. I never liked my ride cymbal placement with both rack toms over the bass.
    Also, I was expecting you to have found a matching snare by now.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

7. Playing since 1976

The setup looks neat. It's surprising that that rack tom (over the kick) is stable, being that far from the stand. I know you have the leg in the right direction, but still... geesh. Regardless, nice drums!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Skeld-the -wicked

[QUOTE=quicksticks;1854451403]I find the offset toms to be much more playable. I never liked my ride cymbal placement with both rack toms over the bass.
    Also, I was expecting you to have found a matching snare by now. [/QUOTE Yeah Marv you would think so. I thought I found one on Reverb some guy in Texas claims it’s a Red Mahogany MCX but the badge is rectangular but it looks like MHX 14 x6.5 . He claims it Maple and he is Firm on over $500.00 w/ soft case and free shipping. I didn’t argue about it even if it was a MHX I seem to recall from 97 to 2004 they weren’t over $500.00 brand new.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 07-14-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

9. Skeld-the -wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    The setup looks neat. It's surprising that that rack tom (over the kick) is stable, being that far from the stand. I know you have the leg in the right direction, but still... geesh. Regardless, nice drums!

Thx Matt, I might be leaning toward a Rack again. Maybe a used Icon. The 12 “ Tom is stable but a rack would have better positioning but the drawback is some small clubs I wouldn’t haul all of what is pictured. Pita.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. Chomp, Chomp

[QUOTE=skeld-the-wicked;1854451429]
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I find the offset toms to be much more playable. I never liked my ride cymbal placement with both rack toms over the bass.
    Also, I was expecting you to have found a matching snare by now. [/QUOTE Yeah Marv you would think so. I thought I found one on Reverb some guy in Texas claims it’s a Red Mahogany MCX but the badge is rectangular but it looks like MHX 14 x6.5 . He claims it Maple and he is Firm on over $500.00 w/ soft case and free shipping. I didn’t argue about it even if it was a MHX I seem to recall from 97 to 2004 they weren’t over $500.00 brand new.
    First, there’s no such thing as a Mahogany MCX, so you know the guy is full of it. Second, he’s way out of line with his price as you know. The good thing is you’re in no hurry. I have no doubt you’ll find one. We’’ll all be on the lookout for you.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. Skeld-the -wicked

[QUOTE=quicksticks;1854451445]

First, there’s no such thing as a Mahogany MCX, so you know the guy is full of it. Second, he’s way out of line with his price as you know. The good thing is you’re in no hurry. I have no doubt you’ll find one. We’’ll all be on the lookout for you.
    Thank you for the support in looking , I’m sure one will pop up but I’ll be patient. I did a search on this line history, it looks like they introduced The MHX in 1997 as a limited edition it looks like those had superhoops with ISS mounts. The kick drum has a Masters Mahogany Classic limited edition badge and the rack &floor toms have Masters Mahogany Classic badges with Die Cast hoops the color matches perfectly. The badge thing is not a problem with me at all.
    I think my kit is 2000 to 2002
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 07-15-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

12. bangin since '95

Name:  IMG_0897(2).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  75.9 KB

I got a 14x6.5 MHX snare back in 2009 that was my absolute go to for many years. I still use it on my rehearsal kit all the time. Such a pleasing tone.

I've found that it doesn't really like higher tunings much, but lower or medium sounds absolutely lovely on it. Even 10 years later it's still one of my favorites.

Excellent buy on the whole kit.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads