Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 139 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,657 to 1,668 of 1697
  1. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Hey Mike! How are you doing? How is the weather in your neck of the woods?
    Good thanks Matt, work and life keeps me too busy. Spring has sprung here and it's been a rainy start following a dryer Winter, go figure the weather these days. This weekend is one year since leaving for our 7 week OE, time sure flies. Hope all is well on your side!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

2. Bad Girlfriend

RIP Eddie Money who died today at 70 years old from cancer.

https://youtu.be/eYEgYVyBDuM

https://youtu.be/dB-8gndWJTw

https://youtu.be/rU-KVObNEd4

I love his music!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. life start at 125bpm

^^^^
    me too!! loved his music.

one of my fav tune.....among many others.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. life start at 125bpm

dont know why,but those 2 guys seems connected somewhere in their respective inspiration...maybe the instrumental aspect.after 2 tickets for paradise,was invariably turning this one lol.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

5. life start at 125bpm

this one turned all day long for awhile...god time flies

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I was sunk in a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, on a 100' workboat. Whutta rush!!!
    What the......

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^
    me too!! loved his music.

one of my fav tune.....among many others.

He definitely has an original sounding voice that at first listening to it you would not realize he has the range he does. His stage presence is pretty bad though. He would be best just hanging on a mic stand.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    What the......
    It was hurricane Bob, and I was the "engineer" on the Gwen Lyn, a work boat owned by D & B boat rentals out of Abbyville, LA. We pulled into our dock at Intracoastal City carrying a load of offshore workers we were evacuating because of the hurricane. The port Captain ordered us to head back out to evacuate more workers, so away we went. The hurricane wasn't so bad, but it was getting worse. We went through the locks, entered the Gulf, and that's when the **** hit the fan. We were in a hurricane.

We were loaded with water, almost submerged on the rear decks. I asked the captain if he wanted me to pump water out to raise us up, higher on the water, but the cap said no - we would bob around too much. Long story short, the cap opted to tie up to a wellhead and ride the storm out. Because he was a wuss boat driver, he set us tied up stern first instead of bow first. The incoming waves overwhelmed the scuppers and the waves entered the engine room vent ports, which should have been sealed. They weren't sealed because I was never told to do that, which I should have been told to do, but our Captain was a maroon and we weren't trained worth a ****.

As the boat was going down, I ran downstairs and made a MayDay call. That's a weird feeling, making a MayDay call. "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! GWEN LYN GOING DOWN IN THE 26 FIELD! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!! Plus, I was in the depths of the sinking boat. I was really not wanting to see water pouring down through the hatch. I escaped with seconds to spare.

A sister ship heard my call, as they were moored correctly and they came to our aid.

I remember being in the water, with all this **** that was on the loading deck swirling all around me, any of which could have killed me in a heartbeat if it struck me. It was actually more peaceful when I was in the water, as opposed to fighting to stay on the boat.

At the Coast Guard hearing, the Captain was found to be completely at fault.

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    It was hurricane Bob, and I was the "engineer" on the Gwen Lyn, a work boat owned by D & B boat rentals out of Abbyville, LA. We pulled into our dock at Intracoastal City carrying a load of offshore workers we were evacuating because of the hurricane. The port Captain ordered us to head back out to evacuate more workers, so away we went. The hurricane wasn't so bad, but it was getting worse. We went through the locks, entered the Gulf, and that's when the **** hit the fan. We were in a hurricane.

We were loaded with water, almost submerged on the rear decks. I asked the captain if he wanted me to pump water out to raise us up, higher on the water, but the cap said no - we would bob around too much. Long story short, the cap opted to tie up to a wellhead and ride the storm out. Because he was a wuss boat driver, he set us tied up stern first instead of bow first. The incoming waves overwhelmed the scuppers and the waves entered the engine room vent ports, which should have been sealed. They weren't sealed because I was never told to do that, which I should have been told to do, but our Captain was a maroon and we weren't trained worth a ****.

As the boat was going down, I ran downstairs and made a MayDay call. That's a weird feeling, making a MayDay call. "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! GWEN LYN GOING DOWN IN THE 26 FIELD! MAYDAY! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!!! Plus, I was in the depths of the sinking boat. I was really not wanting to see water pouring down through the hatch. I escaped with seconds to spare.

A sister ship heard my call, as they were moored correctly and they came to our aid.

I remember being in the water, with all this **** that was on the loading deck swirling all around me, any of which could have killed me in a heartbeat if it struck me. It was actually more peaceful when I was in the water, as opposed to fighting to stay on the boat.

At the Coast Guard hearing, the Captain was found to be completely at fault.
    Are you sure it was hurricane Bob?
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Wow. How many were on the crew?

11. Registered User

I'm pretty sure it was Bob. I can't remember the name, but when I check the dates Bob was the only one to hit LA at that time.

There were 4 of us - Captain, First Mate, Engineer, and Deckhand.

12. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    He definitely has an original sounding voice that at first listening to it you would not realize he has the range he does. His stage presence is pretty bad though. He would be best just hanging on a mic stand.
    I saw him twice and in front of a his large band he danced enough for me. The 2nd time he wore a Dodger jersey but I was hooked on him with 2 Tickets. I wore my tie slightly loose when I had to wear one at work. Imitation is a tribute!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY