Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,345 to 1,356 of 1410
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    thanks for all the kind words fellas.

    I get that its totally impractical... but I do love it as a showpiece.

  2. Bad Girlfriend

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    I shoulda known your Export kit would be red too!

    BTW, love the old school rocktagon cymbal on your MCX kit. Visually, nothing goes better with power toms than Rudes and Rocktagons!
    Melvin "The looks you get when you take that kit to a blues jam!"


    OTFLMAO! I had 2 Rocktagons that came with my 1st Export kit in about 1988. The smaller one was cracked but playable, and my bass player bought the whole kit so I didn't complain. It also came with Zildgen Dynobeat 14" hi hats on a tama stand, and 2 tama cymbal stands; plus Evans Heads for my first time. I now own my 3rd and 4th Pearl kits, 2 of which are red. I had a Ludwig Marching snare drum 1st, and then a set of Kents from Montgomery Wards. Then I had 2 Ludwig kits. Then I bought a generic Black kit and my bass player bought my 1st Pearl kit. I paid him back $700.00. The crack grew and the cymbal stopped sounding good so I bought my 16" AA rock cymbal to replace that rocktagon. The large Rocktagon I have is good to crash and ride, and now I like my AAX Fast Crash much better than my 16" AA Crash. Showing a Kent, my 1st kit (though this one is not it; it's exactly like it. My 2nd Export kit; the EXR.

    That MX is huge and beautiful!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by nova; 02-21-2019 at 03:04 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  3. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Yeah. The '88 lineup had both lacquered (MLX) and wraps (MX). But Smokey Chrome was only available as a wrap.
    Oh, I didn't realize yours is a wrap. I thought it was the gun metal gray (I can't remember the actual name of it anymore) I had.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize yours is a wrap. I thought it was the gun metal gray (I can't remember the actual name of it anymore) I had.
    Here's the color lineup from the '87 catalog which I recall is what I ordered from. You had the Charcoal Gray (108) MLX. The lacquered counterpart to my Smoky Chrome MX. I really wanted the Stainless Steel wrap; but even at 17... all I could think was "FINGERPRINTS!"

    7500 Prestige Studio = BLX
    8500 Custom = MX
    8500 Prestige Custom = MLX
    9500 Prestige Artist = GLX

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.19.41 AM.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  46.5 KB

  5. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Here's the color lineup from the '87 catalog which I recall is what I ordered from. You had the Charcoal Gray (108) MLX. The lacquered counterpart to my Smoky Chrome MX. I really wanted the Stainless Steel wrap; but even at 17... all I could think was "FINGERPRINTS!"

    7500 Prestige Studio = BLX
    8500 Custom = MX
    8500 Prestige Custom = MLX
    9500 Prestige Artist = GLX

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 4.19.41 AM.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  46.5 KB
    Yes, that was it. As I recall, #108 was no longer a standard finish when I ordered my drums but the factory made it for me as a special order. That color was great under stage lights.

  6. Bad Girlfriend

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,066

    Default

    I love your current finish Mike!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  7. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I love your current finish Mike!
    The funny thing is that I was never a fan of red finishes before this kit. I was a blue guy, in particular sheer blues of all shades. But, when I saw the Ref Pure scarlet sparkle burst finish that all changed.

    Guys like you were right all along!

  8. Skeld-the -wicked

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    I posted this in the what’s new gear thread but I couldn’t resist my favorite thread. Even though my double and single elim pedals have performed flawlessly for many years I bought a single Elim Redline and my favorite puresound Custom pro’s.

    I have thought about getting a demon drive single but choose the Redline instead.Besides my favorite drum guy at my local GC gave me a killer deal !
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

  9. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    I posted this in the what’s new gear thread but I couldn’t resist my favorite thread. Even though my double and single elim pedals have performed flawlessly for many years I bought a single Elim Redline and my favorite puresound Custom pro’s.

    I have thought about getting a demon drive single but choose the Redline instead.Besides my favorite drum guy at my local GC gave me a killer deal !
    There’s a reason the eliminators have been around forever. They have all the adjustments and are very solid and smooth. I’d be willing to bet that you couldn’t play any faster on a Demon. I wish that all I had to do to play faster was to buy a more expensive pedal.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

    Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

  10. Skeld-the -wicked

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    2,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    There’s a reason the eliminators have been around forever. They have all the adjustments and are very solid and smooth. I’d be willing to bet that you couldn’t play any faster on a Demon. I wish that all I had to do to play faster was to buy a more expensive pedal.
    I agree Marv , I just like eliminator pedals and this one was a display in perfect condition for $150.00.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

  11. Bad Girlfriend

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,066

    Default

    It's Jam Day!



    The day I've been waiting for!

    I've been using my 2002-C Dbl Power Shifter Eliminator Pedals for a long time and I have another set still in the box.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    It's Jam Day!



    The day I've been waiting for!

    I've been using my 2002-C Dbl Power Shifter Eliminator Pedals for a long time and I have another set still in the box.
    He Lonny,

    Have a good jam!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •