Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 1410
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by some_drummer View Post
    Hey Lonny, how have you been mate?
    I'm good; how are things in the land down under?

Those mounted toms are way out and the ft looks more like a gong bass. Oh! that's a giant snare drum! If they taste good it's all good! Don't ask a penguin to set up for you. lol
    Last edited by nova; 01-09-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Noize Maker

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I'm good; how are things in the land down under?

Those mounted toms are way out and the ft looks more like a gong bass. Oh! that's a giant snare drum! If they taste good it's all good! Don't ask a penguin to set up for you. lol
    Yeah things are good down here Since my last appearance I've sold off my EXR and steel sensitone snare. They were getting no play time and I needed some extra cash that helped me fund my new pedals.

MASTERS ARMY

3. Bad Girlfriend

Cool! There are lots of clearance sales right now because NAMM is this month. I would like a heavily discounted new Demon Drive pedal.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

4. Bad Girlfriend

https://youtu.be/pAem_C6pDWI

This is so hot! They played last night on The Late Show and it dominates my mind. It's better than the songs on my list for this band. I had never heard of Gary Clark Jr but he's got videos on youtube at least 7 years old. Check it!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

5. life start at 125bpm

This is so hot! They played last night on The Late Show and it dominates my mind. It's better than the songs on my list for this band. I had never heard of Gary Clark Jr but he's got videos on youtube at least 7 years old. Check it!
    musically good to my ears, but the lyrics ruin it for me.

i always agreed with geddy lee.music should be all about entertainement.the minutes it goes political , the nice perfume emanating from the musical aspect , turns into a brown matter scent
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

6. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Sessions Maple Custom on Milwaukee C/L

Nova , this is not mine but itís Red. It looks to be a bit nicked up but a great price.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

7. Registered User

I agree Nova! Very catchy and nice groove! Thanks for sharing!

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    musically good to my ears, but the lyrics ruin it for me.

i always agreed with geddy lee.music should be all about entertainement.the minutes it goes political , the nice perfume emanating from the musical aspect , turns into a brown matter scent
    Got to agree with Rollracer! Nice groove...political lyrics not so nice- I guess that's what's expected on the Colbert show. To bad...

9. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Got to agree with Rollracer! Nice groove...political lyrics not so nice- I guess that's what's expected on the Colbert show. To bad...
    ya..colbert.....another zombie
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

10. Away From The World

I saw him live in 2014 touring with DMB. Good musician.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

11. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Nova , this is not mine but it’s Red. It looks to be a bit nicked up but a great price.
    If it comes to Sessions, they have the SSC new (last year) ones on sale at MF.com. That one is birch and African Mahogany plus a free 14" ft. All the stores are trying to free up space for the 2019 gear that will be shown at NAMM very soon this month. There are many great deals but the best is the Ref Pure in Black Cherry for $1699.00. I was retaining GAS starting with the 3 pc MCX shell pack in Shamrock Green. If that was a 12" mounted tom, a 16" FT and a 22" bass drum I would pay $499.99 for it and case it for gigs. I would tune it first and my JJ sig would go fine with the ever so bright green. Thanks for the look at this great deal though. My ole ladie's grandson with the ruptured appendix is still in the hospital without an appendix. That took me out of deal heaven and back to reality!

I like the Gretsch drummer, the keyboard player, both guitars, and his voice. It reminds me of Jimi Hendrix.
    Last edited by nova; 01-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. life start at 125bpm

guys.

i'm gonna get off topic a little....(well after reflexion,not at all) and act as a fan boy,while ,i'm not a fan boy about anything in life,but when something worth getting some push from my part, i don't get shy at all.

tonight i've played my reference snare drum,after reheading it top and bottom,decided to put my ultracast at rest for awhile, which i've played exclusively in the last year.....this drum still has the same effect on me: i'm totally owned by this snare drum.

to me, anyone serious about snare drums,who like to owns more than only one , SHOULD OWNS one of those wood reference.

i'm serious when i say it's probably the most powerfull, versatile,quality built,best sounding wood snare on the market.

seriously......i consider it like a well tought and built race vehicule: you can get easy on the throttle,still,even if there's a race engine in it,it will turn smoothly without a hicup ,waiting gently for more serious business. then,just a little pressure on the gas pedal,and it immediately comes to life in a powerfull,yet linear way,delivering all it's power equally across the rpm's. this drum act the same ; it push a beautyfull sound ,either at medium or high tuning ; it is sensitive like no other snare drum.it provides a ear piercing power, but is easily able to sing ,even under a very light touch .

every drummer should own one; you guys should try to get a hand on one, and try it for 10 minutes only. with a good head,well tuned,you'll be amaze about how this drum possess all the qualities we ask from a snare drum.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's