Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,392 of 1488
  1. life start at 125bpm

on another note,i'm shopping (still) for the new dyna sync tama pedal....my F god drum hardware is more expensive every day.

i 100% trust tama when they say that this direct drive will be the perfect balance between an IC and a SC. power VS speed. i find my IC a tad heavy and slowiiish ,and my SC a little too lite(can't really play heel down because a lack of punch while the DW 2 way beater got me the feel i was looking for )

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. A Passion Play ...

Beefy looking pedal. I like the look of the beaters too.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by insane65 View Post
    I love the Suzuki dirt bike. So nice
    Thanks!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post

collecting drums...then what else,collecting bikes lol?

love this HD version. i can see me riding it when i'll get older .

i especially like the look of those short windshield. looks bad ***.
    Thanks buddy. Be careful in your race.

5. Registered User

on another note,i'm shopping (still) for the new dyna sync tama pedal....my F god drum hardware is more expensive every day.

i 100% trust tama when they say that this direct drive will be the perfect balance between an IC and a SC. power VS speed. i find my IC a tad heavy and slowiiish ,and my SC a little too lite(can't really play heel down because a lack of punch while the DW 2 way beater got me the feel i was looking for )

Seams like a very wide foot print.

6. Chomp, Chomp

Nelson, I bought this double pedal in 2009. Yamaha was bringing out a new model and Musiciansí Friend was clearing these out for $200.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

7. Skeld-the -wicked

When my wife and I met 26 years ago . She had a bike but I didnít. I then bought a Yamaha 650 Maxim but It didnít have enough power. Being a hp junkie from the dark side I found a cherry 86 V-max. 140 hp stock. I named it The Beast . I loved that bike and owned it for 12 years. I had it dyno tested 110 hp at the rear wheel . One day on a country road I took it to 130 mph. That was enough for me ,I thought I was airborne!

Being in Wisconsin the Birthplace of Harley Davidson I would be ridiculed by some for not owning a real bike. I would reply the only thing you will see is my fading tail light. What really got them pissed was when I would say ok, you paid 20k for a bike with maybe 60hp stock? I bought mine for 5gs at 140 ,end of subject. They knew deep down what kind of animal this bike was and if you would ask them to be honest about the first bike they road on it probably was a Japanese bike. In the end all that really matters is two wheels and the wind in your face but it got too dangerous dealing with idiots in cars & trucks . I changed a seat to a throne Imo much safer and more fun.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters MRX 4pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    14 x 6.5 Maple FF Snare
    14x 5.5 Maple Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    When my wife and I met 26 years ago . She had a bike but I didn’t. I then bought a Yamaha 650 Maxim but It didn’t have enough power. Being a hp junkie from the dark side I found a cherry 86 V-max. 140 hp stock. I named it The Beast . I loved that bike and owned it for 12 years. I had it dyno tested 110 hp at the rear wheel . One day on a country road I took it to 130 mph. That was enough for me ,I thought I was airborne!

Being in Wisconsin the Birthplace of Harley Davidson I would be ridiculed by some for not owning a real bike. I would reply the only thing you will see is my fading tail light. What really got them pissed was when I would say ok, you paid 20k for a bike with maybe 60hp stock? I bought mine for 5gs at 140 ,end of subject. They knew deep down what kind of animal this bike was and if you would ask them to be honest about the first bike they road on it probably was a Japanese bike. In the end all that really matters is two wheels and the wind in your face but it got too dangerous dealing with idiots in cars & trucks . I changed a seat to a throne Imo much safer and more fun.
    Back in the early 80’s I came close to buying a Yamaha 1100 Midnight Special. After one test drive, I realized it was way too much bike for me. That monster weighed about 600 pounds. Also, Florida has a rainy season that lasts half a year and it’s no fun being on a bike in the rain.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Also, Florida has a rainy season that lasts half a year and itís no fun being on a bike in the rain.
    Or extreme heat.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    When my wife and I met 26 years ago . She had a bike but I didnít. I then bought a Yamaha 650 Maxim but It didnít have enough power. Being a hp junkie from the dark side I found a cherry 86 V-max. 140 hp stock. I named it The Beast . I loved that bike and owned it for 12 years. I had it dyno tested 110 hp at the rear wheel . One day on a country road I took it to 130 mph. That was enough for me ,I thought I was airborne!

I ride a Harley (have owned 2) but totally reject the bull**** "lifestyle" they try to sell to people. Bikes are cool, no matter what the badge on the tank says. The VMax was a badASS bike.

Lucky for me, I prefer my speed in cars. My Street Glide tops out at 90hp and I never pass 70mph. No need to go any faster in my book. The way I see it, any faster than that makes it difficult to see the world as you move through it.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. life start at 125bpm

i've never enjoyed riding in the streets.too dangerous with the bunch of blind irespnsible idiots who are about to commit an homicide on 4 wheels at each street corners. i never had much love for harleys because in my book,i want a bike that turn,brake,accelerate on a dime.,which instills security for me; how can you countersteer,brake,and turn in an emergency situation with a 800lbs machine which sits 2 inch from the ground? ......however,any kind of bike ridden in the streets is a risk taken ,wether it's a nimble sport bike or anchor on 2 wheels, and anyways,most street riders couldn't take advantage of the specifics of a bike that theorically could steer them out of troubles in a walk or die scenario,so in real, the kind of bike ridden won't make a difference for the average street rider....for me,it just happens that i always prefered the track instead of the streets,and i like the racing designs of japanese race bikes.

many people dont know,but harley davidson got somehow successfull in the AMA superbike series in the 90's with their VR1000 superbike ridden by 2 of my racing neighbors,miguel ''mig'' duhamel,and pascal picotte. unfortunately,harley called it a day at the end of their racing program because their brand mark engine couldn't compete anymore against the japanese concepts -technologies,while keeping the harley's engine designs,which was untouchable from harley's bosses point of view : changing their V-twins for inline fours would have been a sacrilege for harley,so they left it at that.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Away From The World

many new zealander riders are running strong at either the IOM TT , OR THE MANX GP (which is the race i will enter) ;bruce anstey is one hell of a kiwi rider ,and a TT legend. learned via my contact in UK that bruce will not ride the IOM this year ...he's batteling cancer for the 3rd time. bruce is legend ,at 48 he's still a giant in the supersport class.another kiwi big name , paul dobbs , got killed in the ballagarey ( nicknamed ballascary by the experienced riders ) sector in the 2018 edition .he was a regular of the event . most accidents there involve a ''mechanical''...this why bike preping is crucial. mine will be impeccable with only the best stuff on it.
    Cheers for educating me, must admit I only recognize about 6 names on this list...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...orcycle_racers

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18