Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 140 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,669 to 1,680 of 1697
  1. A Passion Play ...

R. I. P
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Rip Eddie.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Bad Girlfriend

Today Ric Ocasek of The Cars died at 75. Played a lot of Cars in my band Stimulus Response. RIP RIC!

https://youtu.be/7BDBzgHXf64

https://youtu.be/q5yZC7T3qxA

https://youtu.be/loFQ6W4foJc

I saw them with Styx on The Grand Illusion Tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Today Ric Ocasek of The Cars died at 75. Played a lot of Cars in my band Stimulus Response. RIP RIC!

https://youtu.be/7BDBzgHXf64

https://youtu.be/q5yZC7T3qxA

https://youtu.be/loFQ6W4foJc

I saw them with Styx on The Grand Illusion Tour.
    Odd combination

5. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Odd combination
    No one had heard about the Cars yet. The 2 acts couldn't be compared and were both good in their own way.

Thursday my favorite nephew is taking me to see Iron Maiden

again. He got us good seats (for my birthday) a long time ago and this will be his 9th or 10th time and my 2nd.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

6. Chomp, Chomp

No one had heard about the Cars yet. The 2 acts couldn't be compared and were both good in their own way.

again. He got us good seats (for my birthday) a long time ago and this will be his 9th or 10th time and my 2nd.
    My daughter is taking me to see The Who on Friday.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I just saw them in Philadelphia with a bunch of HS drummer friends. I wouldn’t have gone on my own, but it was a good excuse to hang with friends.

Name:  7D79B12E-AFD3-479D-AAF6-A63663786C39.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  33.3 KB
    Last edited by dale w miller; 09-20-2019 at 03:29 PM.

8. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    My daughter is taking me to see The Who on Friday.
    woo....THAT is gonna be an interesting show...i say INTERESTING,because well.....daltrey,townsend...and who play the drums and bass?

i'm wondering what is left of the crazy energy pushed by those 2....while,i suspect townsend and daltrey are exactly the kind of rockers who still rock for real,which means it could be a hell of a show. last i've heard it,daltrey sings pretty good for its age,is quite in good shape; then townsend......is townsend.he plays crazy riffs ,and still act as a teen on stage.

i personally still love and listen to the who's music.it's never gets old to me,timeless music,and the hooks are still playing their role on me,i'm still totally hooked by their greatest hits.

that should be very interesting yep.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    woo....THAT is gonna be an interesting show...i say INTERESTING,because well.....daltrey,townsend...and who play the drums and bass?

i'm wondering what is left of the crazy energy pushed by those 2....while,i suspect townsend and daltrey are exactly the kind of rockers who still rock for real,which means it could be a hell of a show. last i've heard it,daltrey sings pretty good for its age,is quite in good shape; then townsend......is townsend.he plays crazy riffs ,and still act as a teen on stage.

i personally still love and listen to the who's music.it's never gets old to me,timeless music,and the hooks are still playing their role on me,i'm still totally hooked by their greatest hits.

that should be very interesting yep.
    I know it might be sacrilegious, but Moon is completely unnecessary to the band. I saw them in ‘89 and Simon Phillips, who played on Townsend’s solo material, killed it. I’m fact, he got just as much of an ovation as Entwistle did.

Zach Starkey, Ringo Starr’s son and drummer for Oasis, is just as great. You will not be disappointed.

10. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I know it might be sacrilegious, but Moon is completely unnecessary to the band. I saw them in ‘89 and Simon Phillips, who played on Townsend’s solo material, killed it. I’m fact, he got just as much of an ovation as Entwistle did.

Zach Starkey, Ringo Starr’s son and drummer for Oasis, is just as great. You will not be disappointed.

Have you seen The Who with Keith Moon? Rhetorical question. Of course not, or you wouldn’t have said this.
    The Who have had some great drummers over the years. Kenny Jones, Simon Phillips and Zach Starkey are all amazing, but only one does a performance that is incredible. The first time I saw Keith Moon was at Union Catholic High School in Scotch Plains, NJ. Those brothers could rock. Keith did this thing where he hit his snare drum causing the stick to fly ten feet in the air. He continued playing with one hand and just grabbed the stick when it came down as if nothing had happened. I tried replicating that for months. I almost took my eye out a few times. Keith did stick tricks and made them look simple. His playing is what inspired thousands of drummers. He was an innovator. Saying Keith Moon is unnecessary to The Who is like saying Ringo was unnecessary to the Beatles.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. Registered User

Have you seen The Who with Keith Moon? Rhetorical question. Of course not, or you wouldn’t have said this.
    The Who have had some great drummers over the years. Kenny Jones, Simon Phillips and Zach Starkey are all amazing, but only one does a performance that is incredible. The first time I saw Keith Moon was at Union Catholic High School in Scotch Plains, NJ. Those brothers could rock. Keith did this thing where he hit his snare drum causing the stick to fly ten feet in the air. He continued playing with one hand and just grabbed the stick when it came down as if nothing had happened. I tried replicating that for months. I almost took my eye out a few times. Keith did stick tricks and made them look simple. His playing is what inspired thousands of drummers. He was an innovator. Saying Keith Moon is unnecessary to The Who is like saying Ringo was unnecessary to the Beatles.
    +1

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    +1
    Keith Moon was probably the first known punk rocker so I can relate. I just like the way some others have brought to the table just as well. Moon was in the only way I can describe it, flip-floppy. It’s almost like he was large fish fresh out of water flapping around on the ground. It works, but even Townsend said at one point they were probably going to kick him out if he didn’t die.

Kenny Jones didn’t do it for me. He was too tamed for The Who for me.