Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 167 of 167 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167
Results 1,993 to 2,002 of 2002
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    To the King! Left to right in pic Lorelei Luscious Bottom ( my wife) Skeld-the-Wicked,Bjorn ,Ragnar-the horrible,Borussa-the-terrible. God savor the Queen!
    Long live the Queen!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nova; 03-29-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Skeld-the -wicked

And it was written in to history this day 3/28/20 ! Huzzah! Hey Moe, I try to think but nuttin happens!
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 03-28-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Looks like fun, but the whole "social distancing" must be tricky. I guess you need a sword, lance, pike, pole-arm at least 6' long (minus the length of your reach) to actually attack someone?

Haven't been to a Renaissance Fair/Festival in years, but when I did, I usually chose to go by "Sir Veza" or "Lord Phartzalot". I also haven't been to Albuquerque or Wisconsin in quite some time, so maybe folks still dress like that and this isn't actually a Renaissance Fair?

(Just trying to bring some levity to these crazy times)

4. Skeld-the -wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Looks like fun, but the whole "social distancing" must be tricky. I guess you need a sword, lance, pike, pole-arm at least 6' long (minus the length of your reach) to actually attack someone?

Haven't been to a Renaissance Fair/Festival in years, but when I did, I usually chose to go by "Sir Veza" or "Lord Phartzalot". I also haven't been to Albuquerque or Wisconsin in quite some time, so maybe folks still dress like that and this isn't actually a Renaissance Fair?

(Just trying to bring some levity to these crazy times)
    Ha ha that’s funny CW! The Bristol Renaissance Faire In Southern Wisconsin is fun and they are one the few fairs that allow swords,axes Knives armor. All weapons must be peace tied so you can’t flail them around.

The entertainment is fantastic! My favorite performer is Christoff the professional insult artist. You pay him to insult your loved one !He has successfully humiliated me at least 3 times. My favorite was the first - Skeld was created when something hairy backed into something else hairy. We have also attended SW Florida REN afire in Tampa/St Pete but Bristol is much larger and Better.

I agree CW we need to lighten up and laugh . There is a comedian from New Jersey (I think ) Nick Dibetto on Facebook that is great !
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

5. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Social Distancing

100% effective social distancing!
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. Away From The World

^^ My breakfast this morning! ..with bacon of course

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    To the King! Left to right in pic Lorelei Luscious Bottom ( my wife) Skeld-the-Wicked,Bjorn ,Ragnar-the horrible,Borussa-the-terrible. God savor the Queen!
    I am looking for Ritchie Blackmore!

8. Skeld-the -wicked

Richie Blackmore/Candice Night Renaissance Music.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

9. Bad Girlfriend

I ate most of a pot of chili beans with cheese and salsa yesterday. I have about 1 bowl left that I'm starting to think about. My picture was of the Society of Creative Anachronisms. It's Medieval rather than the Renaissance oriented. The Renaissance began because they invented the printing press and published the Bible in spoken tongues; rather than just Latin. This dropped most Catholic Priests out of the nobility and caused Martin Luther's 75 edicts against the Pope and Catholicism. Thus the middle class of merchants and skilled laborers and the consequential alternatives; Protestants, changed the society away from Feudalism. Renaissance ended Medieval, and Medieval Times enjoys jousting, sword fighting, and eating with your fingers today. I've been to the one in Anaheim, but I've heard that the one in Las Vegas is better. That would be a trip next winter or fall. Go to Las Vegas and see a Raider Game and go to their Medieval Times! I got into this subject through the door of reading Fantasy Novels. That lead to Historical Fiction, and before that I loved Western Civilization.

https://youtu.be/p9nfVrusSMg
    Last edited by nova; 03-29-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

10. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Considering where I am isolated how could I not play?

Attachment 517241

I am still being paid 80% of my salary to work from home for two of the next four weeks, for the second two weeks there will be no work to do. My employer does get a small govt subsidy during this time, however they are paying for 131 people to stay employed which is costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars. If the lock down extends further the deal will change, but I'm thankful to have great bosses.
    What a Man Cave or Jam Room, Mike!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY