Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
  1. life start at 125bpm

^^^^^

so,resuming the situation,in the all computerized era,because of facebook,most online forum are declining. !! nice.

people need to realize facebook is the worst thing of all , if it rings the death of the mine of information contained in such specialized forum like pearl drummer forum.where on facbook can you find such pin pointed infos on drums ? nowhere. this is true for any other forums. whatever it's bike related,guns related, hunting,mecanical.....anything specialized ,the true valuable infos can only be found inside ''specialized''' forums.not facebook.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Maybe there aren’t as many people interested in pursuing drumming as there used to be. Social media disgusts me even though I have a Facebook page . I miss the days when you could disagree with someone without them attacking you for your beliefs. Maybe those days are gone but I’m not going to let it change the way I live my life. The old saying is true misery loves company.

My wife’s friend is Canadian and occasionally likes to jab about our President I really like her but when she goes there it’s like the spaces between AM radio stations (white noise) I tune out. I used to jab back but it’s not worth it to me anymore. I want to live my life in peace , love my wife and doggies and play drums .

I judge people by their actions not their words. The four agreements 1 don’t make assumptions 2 don’t take anything personal 3 be impeccable with your word 4 Always do your best.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-12-2019 at 05:24 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters MRX 4pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    14 x 6.5 Maple FF Snare
    14x 5.5 Maple Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Maybe there aren’t as many people interested in pursuing drumming as there used to be. Social media disgusts me even though I have a Facebook page . I miss the days when you could disagree with someone without them attacking you for your beliefs. Maybe those days are gone but I’m not going to let it change the way I live my life. The old saying is true misery loves company.

My wife’s friend is Canadian and occasionally likes to jab about our President I really like her but when she goes there it’s like the spaces between AM radio stations (white noise) I tune out. I used to jab back but it’s not worth it to me anymore. I want to live my life in peace , love my wife and doggies and play drums .

I judge people by their actions not their words. The four agreements 1 don’t make assumptions 2 don’t take anything personal 3 be impeccable with your word 4 Always do your best.
    That is truly well said Paul! I have been trying to ignore as much of the nonsense as possible as well, and life is sure better when you just ignore the stupidity!

4. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^^

so,resuming the situation,in the all computerized era,because of facebook,most online forum are declining. !! nice.

people need to realize facebook is the worst thing of all , if it rings the death of the mine of information contained in such specialized forum like pearl drummer forum.where on facbook can you find such pin pointed infos on drums ? nowhere. this is true for any other forums. whatever it's bike related,guns related, hunting,mecanical.....anything specialized ,the true valuable infos can only be found inside ''specialized''' forums.not facebook.
    I think you touched on the core issue. Specialized forums have members who are passionate and have experience in a certain field. Whether it be drumming, carpentry, engineering, biking, cooking, etc... If you post an opinion on those sites, then you are presenting it to an experienced audience. As such your comments are presented for debate among knowledgeable people. Some people can't handle that. They have a hard time being corrected or even "helped" if you will. They want to sound like the expert without being questioned. Social media provides that. It allows you to be right or wrong or totally off base and have supporters for it all. You typically don't get cheerleaders on the specialty forums since most of the members are versed in the subject, but on Social Media your grandmother will support your stance on removing all the salt in the ocean because you think it is giving fish high blood pressure!
    Random obscure cool group from my youth: