Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 1321
  1. life start at 125bpm

moar....

miawoooo
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    guys.

i'm gonna get off topic a little....(well after reflexion,not at all) and act as a fan boy,while ,i'm not a fan boy about anything in life,but when something worth getting some push from my part, i don't get shy at all.

tonight i've played my reference snare drum,after reheading it top and bottom,decided to put my ultracast at rest for awhile, which i've played exclusively in the last year.....this drum still has the same effect on me: i'm totally owned by this snare drum.

to me, anyone serious about snare drums,who like to owns more than only one , SHOULD OWNS one of those wood reference.

i'm serious when i say it's probably the most powerfull, versatile,quality built,best sounding wood snare on the market.

seriously......i consider it like a well tought and built race vehicule: you can get easy on the throttle,still,even if there's a race engine in it,it will turn smoothly without a hicup ,waiting gently for more serious business. then,just a little pressure on the gas pedal,and it immediately comes to life in a powerfull,yet linear way,delivering all it's power equally across the rpm's. this drum act the same ; it push a beautyfull sound ,either at medium or high tuning ; it is sensitive like no other snare drum.it provides a ear piercing power, but is easily able to sing ,even under a very light touch .

every drummer should own one; you guys should try to get a hand on one, and try it for 10 minutes only. with a good head,well tuned,you'll be amaze about how this drum possess all the qualities we ask from a snare drum.
    I have always wanted a reference snare after hearing them. If the cost wasn't so high, I would order a Masterworks in Reference specs so I could get it in the same finish as my kit. I am not sure if you can get the reference snare in that color without going through Masterworks, and even if I could not sure it would be any cheaper. The only thing I can't decide on is if I would want the 5" or 6.5" depth

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    I have always wanted a reference snare after hearing them. If the cost wasn't so high, I would order a Masterworks in Reference specs so I could get it in the same finish as my kit. I am not sure if you can get the reference snare in that color without going through Masterworks, and even if I could not sure it would be any cheaper. The only thing I can't decide on is if I would want the 5" or 6.5" depth
    i'm a 14X 5 guy lol. it respond a tad faster,and lol..in case of the ref snare maybe a little less heavier haha. seriously, you'd be happy with the X5 because from where i stand ,it's powerfull,and has enough tone in this spec livery to not have to go with a 6.5. of course,it's all a matter of what you're used to,and preference

not sure LD what color your kit is, but i see those snare drums used for 600-700cdn regularly.mine is root beer fade,and it match my anthique sunburst tama perfectly,same tangy color tone. back when i bought it bni,their price was still quite acceptable,i know ref snare prices sky rocketed not sure why, probably because the ''aura''' they carry,everyone wanted one back in around 2008. i wish you luck,because if ever you snatch the one with the color you want, i know it'll be one of your keeper drum.
    Last edited by rollracer; 01-17-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

4. Registered User

i'm a 14X 5 guy lol. it respond a tad faster,and lol..in case of the ref snare maybe a little less heavier haha. seriously, you'd be happy with the X5 because from where i stand ,it's powerfull,and has enough tone in this spec livery to not have to go with a 6.5. of course,it's all a matter of what you're used to,and preference

not sure LD what color your kit is, but i see those snare drums used for 600-700cdn regularly.mine is root beer fade,and it match my anthique sunburst tama perfectly,same tangy color tone. back when i bought it bni,their price was still quite acceptable,i know ref snare prices sky rocketed not sure why, probably because the ''aura''' they carry,everyone wanted one back in around 2008. i wish you luck,because if ever you snatch the one with the color you want, i know it'll be one of your keeper drum.
    My kit is "Ocean Sparkle" (#165) and is still an option for certain series. I know I can get it with Masterworks for sure, I priced a shell for my FF last year but never pulled the trigger Maybe its time to ask around

5. Drumming Since 1943

ya..colbert.....another zombie
    What exactly does that mean?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What exactly does that mean?
    no politics man.you know how it may turn out. if you really want to talk me into it,just pm me, but i doubt it's your intention. threads got ruined countless times because of it dylan.you know it.lets just say that TMdrums remark on post 1244 was on point. no needs to add to it.

on another note dylan,do you plan to get back to stands,then give a try to the centered hats with your remote unit?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Bad Girlfriend

I would love a Reference Snare or a Bronze Snare but I'm already too loud with the 6 ply maple MCX snare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nova; 01-18-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    I would love a Reference Snare or a Bronze Snare but I'm already to loud with the 6 ply maple MCX snare.
    Oddly enough Lonny, I think that a snare like the ones you mentioned can actually help us play more dynamically. Really explosive drums usually dont require as much effort to get them to open up. Getting more feedback at lower dynamics forces us to play with more touch in my experience. My favorite snares and toms are always capable of being very expressive at low volume playing. Just my take.

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

9. Away From The World

I am a fan of the Ref snares also. Though I did sell my 14x5 wood snare when I sold the Ref kit, I still have the 14x6.5 Ref brass snare. I have just sold 2 other snares, and the Ref brass would be the last I'd sell (before my Eric Singer Sig which is a keeper).

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

10. Bad Girlfriend

I couldn't ask for anything more from a snare drum than I got from my MCX snare. I would like a Ref Snare and a brass snare but it gets ridiculous what things I would love to buy if I only had a money tree.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

11. Drumming Since 1943

no politics man.you know how it may turn out. if you really want to talk me into it,just pm me, but i doubt it's your intention. threads got ruined countless times because of it dylan.you know it.lets just say that TMdrums remark on post 1244 was on point. no needs to add to it.

on another note dylan,do you plan to get back to stands,then give a try to the centered hats with your remote unit?
    You can't post demonstrative things like "zombie" and then back away. You posted it on here, in the open. Explain what you mean.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. life start at 125bpm

post 1244. last sentence.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's