Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 126 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 1622
  1. life start at 125bpm

^^^^^

so,resuming the situation,in the all computerized era,because of facebook,most online forum are declining. !! nice.

people need to realize facebook is the worst thing of all , if it rings the death of the mine of information contained in such specialized forum like pearl drummer forum.where on facbook can you find such pin pointed infos on drums ? nowhere. this is true for any other forums. whatever it's bike related,guns related, hunting,mecanical.....anything specialized ,the true valuable infos can only be found inside ''specialized''' forums.not facebook.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Maybe there aren’t as many people interested in pursuing drumming as there used to be. Social media disgusts me even though I have a Facebook page . I miss the days when you could disagree with someone without them attacking you for your beliefs. Maybe those days are gone but I’m not going to let it change the way I live my life. The old saying is true misery loves company.

My wife’s friend is Canadian and occasionally likes to jab about our President I really like her but when she goes there it’s like the spaces between AM radio stations (white noise) I tune out. I used to jab back but it’s not worth it to me anymore. I want to live my life in peace , love my wife and doggies and play drums .

I judge people by their actions not their words. The four agreements 1 don’t make assumptions 2 don’t take anything personal 3 be impeccable with your word 4 Always do your best.
    That is truly well said Paul! I have been trying to ignore as much of the nonsense as possible as well, and life is sure better when you just ignore the stupidity!

3. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^^

so,resuming the situation,in the all computerized era,because of facebook,most online forum are declining. !! nice.

people need to realize facebook is the worst thing of all , if it rings the death of the mine of information contained in such specialized forum like pearl drummer forum.where on facbook can you find such pin pointed infos on drums ? nowhere. this is true for any other forums. whatever it's bike related,guns related, hunting,mecanical.....anything specialized ,the true valuable infos can only be found inside ''specialized''' forums.not facebook.
    I think you touched on the core issue. Specialized forums have members who are passionate and have experience in a certain field. Whether it be drumming, carpentry, engineering, biking, cooking, etc... If you post an opinion on those sites, then you are presenting it to an experienced audience. As such your comments are presented for debate among knowledgeable people. Some people can't handle that. They have a hard time being corrected or even "helped" if you will. They want to sound like the expert without being questioned. Social media provides that. It allows you to be right or wrong or totally off base and have supporters for it all. You typically don't get cheerleaders on the specialty forums since most of the members are versed in the subject, but on Social Media your grandmother will support your stance on removing all the salt in the ocean because you think it is giving fish high blood pressure!
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

4. Drumming Since 1943

Social media will the death of this society. It is making us all (even those of us who don't participate) measurably stupider. We think we're "connected", but in actuality, we've never been MORE disconnected and ignorant. The art of writing, argument and conversation are dead. Blogs and Twitter have seen to that. Satire and incisive comedy are MORT.

A wonderful time to be alive, it really is.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. life start at 125bpm

i think that,if the medias were tied by some sort of judiciable liability related to what they write,the world would be a much better place. seriously.saying people relies on the medias ''opinions''' to take crucial decisions for themself,is a probant indication that this world isn't goin to last for long.social chaos on a worldwide scale is about to emerge,and this is caused by all the divisive propaganda spread by ALL THE MEDIAS everywhere in the industrialized countries. progressism is equal to regressism. progressism is only a silly word describing the art of seeding social chaos.

'''destroying to rebuild ''' is their motto.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

6. Registered User

I don't think so, but YOU knock yourself out.

7. Registered User

But of course.

I am my last line of defense.

You don’t deserve anything.
    I didn't ask for anything.
    Last edited by MasterBlaster56; 06-20-2019 at 06:28 AM.

8. life start at 125bpm

It’s a sad day in SE Wisconsin. We lost 2 Police officers in one day. 6/17/19. One in Milwaukee killed by a drunk after his shift going home . The other was a off duty Racine officer that tried to thwart a robbery.

The men and women in Blue are our last line of defense and without them we are lost.

I’m serious here , when you see a police officer thank them for their service.
    i do.

my dad's been a police officer,then investigator for all his working life.he's the reason as the why i did not wanted to enter . tough,very tough work,and not rewarding at all.

but master blaster is partly right: when the police climb off,everything is said and done. you can't count on the police to protect yourself,it'll never happens. YOU are yourlast line of defense. that is for sure.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Drumming Since 1943

It’s a sad day in SE Wisconsin. We lost 2 Police officers in one day. 6/17/19. One in Milwaukee killed by a drunk after his shift going home . The other was a off duty Racine officer that tried to thwart a robbery.

The men and women in Blue are our last line of defense and without them we are lost.

Thanks for the sentiment buddy.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Vintage 1968

I was working out in Missouri during the Ferguson Riots, spending several days in St. Louis. I spoke to and shook hands with every officer I came across for this reason.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

11. Drumming Since 1943

That's awesome Dud. Every once in a while, someone will thank me for my service. Always nice to hear.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Law enforcement is NOT your friend.