Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,393 to 1,404 of 1416
  1. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Cheers for educating me, must admit I only recognize about 6 names on this list...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...orcycle_racers
    simon craffar is now working for moto GP.com ,comenting directly from the tracks races to races.simon has been mildly successfull in GO a decade or so ago,but never raced the iom. aaron slight was a world superbike honda rider his whole career.

i'm wondering where in NZ these guys were able to sharpen their riding skills. do new Z has some world class tracks?...i guess they had to cross the ocean to learn their way in the uk,or in oz.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Iíve been a dirt nerd from my childhood since the late 70ís....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Or extreme heat.
    It does get hot, but probably not as exreme as you think. Last year the average high in July and August was 91 degrees. While you donít have to wear a helmet in Florida, thereís no way I would ride without one, but getting stuck in traffic on a sunny day is not a pleasant experience.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    It does get hot, but probably not as exreme as you think. Last year the average high in July and August was 91 degrees. While you don’t have to wear a helmet in Florida, there’s no way I would ride without one, but getting stuck in traffic on a sunny day is not a pleasant experience.
    I have been to Florida many times, but only once in the summer. Never again. Hot and humid.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    i’ve been a dirt nerd from my childhood since the late 70’s....
    2000 yz 250?

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    2000 yz 250?
    04 yz250. Sold it last year. It was my 6th bike and it was fast. I’ve only owned two 2 strokes but Looking to get a wr450 and make it street legal.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    04 yz250. Sold it last year. It was my 6th bike and it was fast. I’ve only owned two 2 strokes but Looking to get a wr450 and make it street legal.
    They are expensive to convert. I have a 2009 Yamaha YZ450F, and it is scary fast. They are also very twitchy on the throttle, which isn't great for road.

8. life start at 125bpm

if any of you guys had ever rode a cr 500 or yz 490,you'd feel the power delivery of those 450 four strokes is actually silky smooth and progressive LOL
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    if any of you guys had ever rode a cr 500 or yz 490,you'd feel the power delivery of those 450 four strokes is actually silky smooth and progressive LOL
    I rode a friends’ kx500. That thing was scary fast!! There is nothing that compares to those old 500cc two strokes. Anybody remember the Suzuki 500 quadzilla??

10. life start at 125bpm

I rode a friends’ kx500. That thing was scary fast!! There is nothing that compares to those old 500cc two strokes. Anybody remember the Suzuki q500uadzilla??
    oufff...the banshee 350 was already an animal. my friend had those 2. compared to the banshee , the 500 ''87 LT model was a real man killer.was pumping wheelies on the 4th and 5th gear lol. an absolute animal.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    oufff...the banshee 350 was already an animal. my friend had those 2. compared to the banshee , the 500 ''87 LT model was a real man killer.was pumping wheelies on the 4th and 5th gear lol. an absolute animal.
    The Banshees were cool. Twin cylinder screamer 350’s derived from the rz350. Legendary quad.

12. life start at 125bpm

The Banshees were cool. Twin cylinder screamer 350’s derived from the rz350. Legendary quad.
    the funny thing is,two strokes are coming back in force.with the help of technology,the new 2 strokes engines are emmiting less polluants than some 4 strokes. it's cool,i always liked the kind of edgy power delivery of the 2 strokes ; challenging.

when i started my racing endeavors 4 decades ago,i started with the RG 500 gamma suzook. you had to stay ''on the pipe''' to get the power kickin in .it was a very narrow power band.1000-1500 rpm off and it was bubble'ing out the corners.that means you had to be on the right gear,and you had to reproduce the same approach at the same speed on the same exact line ,then you were rewarded with all the ponies kickin in ,rocketing out the corners. peeky as peeky can be. i can picture what those guys had to deal with with the 500GP bikes of the 80's . spencer,roberts,lawson,mamola.....they were sitting on rockets who were delivering 150hp inside 1000rpm LOL
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's