Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 152 of 167 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 1,813 to 1,824 of 1998
  1. Bad Girlfriend

The price dropped on them at musiciansfriend.com and I've had an eye open for an easier travel kit. I got these for $330.00 and another $100.00 for the cases, Remo E rings, and Moon Jell. I haven't opened the cases yet but they're here. I set my JJ Sig up with this kit and I could get another hi hat stand and not have to share cymbals. The new trend is light and easy to carry. My PA is heavy and hard to set up, but the younger guys I'm playing with now could easily move it.
    Happy New Year! Plus if I want to try out for other groups I won't have to move my Masters or try to get my Exports down from the attic. The little FT sounds very good except after playing my good kit. These weren't made to compare but for light duty they'll be fine!
    Last edited by nova; 01-23-2020 at 12:07 AM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    The price dropped on them at musiciansfriend.com and I've had an eye open for an easier travel kit. I got these for $330.00 and another $100.00 for the cases, Remo E rings, and Moon Jell. I haven't opened the cases yet but they're here. I set my JJ Sig up with this kit and I could get another hi hat stand and not have to share cymbals. The new trend is light and easy to carry. My PA is heavy and hard to set up, but the younger guys I'm playing with now could easily move it.
    Happy New Year! Plus if I want to try out for other groups I won't have to move my Masters or try to get my Exports down from the attic. The little FT sounds very good except after playing my good kit. These weren't made to compare but for light duty they'll be fine!
    If I could have my current knowledge and music appreciation and my youthful energy...…….. I could be a contender!

I do love the fact that you bought a new set of drums just so you wouldn't have to get your other set of drums down from the attic. The older I get the more that makes sense.

3. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    If I could have my current knowledge and music appreciation and my youthful energy..... I could be a contender!

I do love the fact that you bought a new set of drums just so you wouldn't have to get your other set of drums down from the attic. The older I get the more that makes sense.
    I've never been in the attic. I exceed the maximum weight that the ladder allows. musiciansfriend.com only shipped 2 of the 3 cases and they won't have the 3rd case in until June. It is the case for the 10" x 7" tom and the 14" x 7" FT. I think I have a 14" x 14" Roadrunner case in the attic. so someone is going to have to climb up there. My current guitar player built the attic 15 years ago and I paid him with my 1st set of Exports. The Exports are a lot heavier than these Tama Club Jam kits. I can't believe they only gave me 2 of the 3 cases. That is called the Club Jam Mini cases and I meant the Club Jam Flier cases. I had an employee there order them so I would get the 30% off. I hope I can find that extra case.

I would love some of my youthful energy back!
    Last edited by nova; 01-26-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

4. Playing since 1976

Hi Lonny! Do you have any pics of the new kit? What cymbals are you using with it?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. Bad Girlfriend

I only have pics in my phone. I'm using my JJ Sig Snare, a 16" Sabian AA crash, Zildigen Dynobeats hi hats 14", and went to music go round and bought a cheep Meinle 20" ride. If we use that kit out I would either use my Sabian ride or the Rocktagon for a crash ride. I'm using my good drums with the guys and the cute little new ones to practice in the room next to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

6. Bad Girlfriend

Yesterday my guitar player went into the attic and found my 14" x 14" Gator Case which fits both toms of the cute little kit. He also found my previously missing bag of Amici Cymbals and the 20" Ride sounds so much better than the Meinle 20", which is going back to Music go Round today! So now I have cases for it and cymbals. I bought a PDP hi hat stand at M G R so the little kit is set.

Today I ordered a little 18" EMAD2 and a woodblock for each kit. When my gas kicks in I just buy! I'm also waiting for a Black Leather Jacket (Mine is over 20 years old), and Omaha Steaks, chops, shrimp; the works! Glad I found that case and the cymbal bag. The Amici Ride sounds good enough. I used the splash on the good kit for a while and it could go back to either kit. Glad I had moved the Sabian AA 16" Rock Crash and that I didn't sell the Double Eliminator Chain Red dots on Black Power Shifter Pedals. The woodblocks are also Pearls. I think my 3rd set of Exports should come out of the attic and into Music Go Round!
    Last edited by nova; 01-25-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I only have pics in my phone. I'm using my JJ Sig Snare, a 16" Sabian AA crash, Zildigen Dynobeats hi hats 14", and went to music go round and bought a cheep Meinle 20" ride. If we use that kit out I would either use my Sabian ride or the Rocktagon for a crash ride. I'm using my good drums with the guys and the cute little new ones to practice in the room next to me.
    That is cute.

8. Bad Girlfriend

Rehearsal went well last night and we had fun!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

9. Playing since 1976

Rehearsal went well last night and we had fun!
    That's all that counts Lonny! Glad you're still rockin'!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Bad Girlfriend

I finally sent pics to my bass player and he posted this on FB. Then I sent the pic to my FB home page and have it now. There are many more in my phone. I love the cute little 18" bass drum!

Without further bull and explanations...………………….The Club Jam Kit!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

11. Vintage 1968

Lonnie, you're gonna throw your back out again lugging that beast around.

12. Bad Girlfriend

That is the whole point. My back suffers through a 4 hour rehearsal with standing, bending, and stretching it out. That is while sitting on my Carmichael Throne with a back. I'm very sore the next day. It sucks to be old!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY