Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 1032
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    3,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hey fellas.

    About to head to my surgeon's for my first post-op follow up. The pain is... more than expected. But I'm up and around. What I had done PALES in comparison to what Nelson had done. Not even CLOSE.

    Nels, if you need to chat PM me and I'll shoot you my email.

    Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Much appreciated.
    Hope the pain eases up for you, but glad to hear all has went mostly well for you.

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Hope the pain eases up for you, but glad to hear all has went mostly well for you.
    Thanks buddy.
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    10,708

    Default

    looked around on the net for infos regarding the specific surgery you've got. what i've found is the risk of fail is absolutely minimal. you're goin to be up and running with all functions (lol) 100% in couple weeks from now.pain will be something from the past, sitting around a table with friends for a lunch,riding your harley for miles and miles will be pain free again. well done JY, your surgery is a home run.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    looked around on the net for infos regarding the specific surgery you've got. what i've found is the risk of fail is absolutely minimal. you're goin to be up and running with all functions (lol) 100% in couple weeks from now.pain will be something from the past, sitting around a table with friends for a lunch,riding your harley for miles and miles will be pain free again. well done JY, your surgery is a home run.
    Man, I hope so. Right now, it feels like it did months ago. Worse in fact.
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    10,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Man, I hope so. Right now, it feels like it did months ago. Worse in fact.
    the pain you have right now is due to the inflamation resulting from the surgery.....WE must realize that EACH cuts, bone removal etc etc .......briefly, each time a device touch your soft tissues or bones ,it induces an inflamatory phenom.........which fade over TIME. in your case, i guess it's been done via a scope equiped with a laser OR, a micro cutting system...........don't worry.it'll fade out completely.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

  6. A Passion Play ...

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA.
    Posts
    5,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hey fellas.

    About to head to my surgeon's for my first post-op follow up. The pain is... more than expected. But I'm up and around. What I had done PALES in comparison to what Nelson had done. Not even CLOSE.

    Nels, if you need to chat PM me and I'll shoot you my email.

    Thanks for the well-wishes guys. Much appreciated.
    You will be back on the throne soon. All the best to you.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

  7. Bad Girlfriend

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,004

    Default

    Each time I came out of the anesthesia into consciousness I felt like it was a miracle. I read today about a lady from Dallas that went under in Mexico for plastic surgery, and didn't come out. None of your or my surgeries were cosmetic and we are lucky that the skill levels of our doctors and hospital staffs are as good as they are. We Live! It's a miracle!

    https://youtu.be/OqPVz101nd0


    You 2 feel better soon!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  8. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    10,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Each time I came out of the anesthesia into consciousness I felt like it was a miracle. I read today about a lady from Dallas that went under in Mexico for plastic surgery, and didn't come out. None of your or my surgeries were cosmetic and we are lucky that the skill levels of our doctors and hospital staffs are as good as they are. We Live! It's a miracle!

    https://youtu.be/OqPVz101nd0


    You 2 feel better soon!
    in the usa, hospitals are hotels with high quality cares...in canada.....you're lucky if they remember you're there,and even more lucky if you haven't caught the flesh eating bacteria.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

  9. Skeld-the -wicked

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    Last summer I had shortness of pants and my doctor refused to see me.
    6 pc Masters Premium Diamond Burst
    6 pc Masters MMX /BRX Midnight Fade
    Sensitone nickel over Brass & Aluminum snares
    Zildjian As&Ks

  10. Now With More "Whiz"

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lost in the Supermarket
    Posts
    3,012

    Default

    Stumbled upon this image and made me think of you guys recovering from the surgeries. I consider myself fortunate having made it to 49 yrs old without having to have any major procedures (so far). Best of luck to you guys in your recoveries.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.56.31 AM.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  54.3 KB

  11. Bad Girlfriend

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    18,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Stumbled upon this image and made me think of you guys recovering from the surgeries. I consider myself fortunate having made it to 49 yrs old without having to have any major procedures (so far). Best of luck to you guys in your recoveries.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 10.56.31 AM.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  54.3 KB
    lol!
    Ibuprofen is an "nsaid" and long term use can screw up your stomach and eventually your kidneys; but you guys won't need it that long. No worries about that. The last time I went under was in April. When I came to I had 2 great nurses and after ice, juice, and a little more time, they brought me the best hospital meal I've ever had. It was day surgery and my copay was very high, but they did a great job and took great care of me. Hope your recoveries are quick and as painless as possible!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

    MASTERS ARMY

  12. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    10,708

    Default

    never had arthritis.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •