Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,212 of 1270
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Still snowing in town and I have a dr's appointment today. Diva has been in heat and her mate lives through the canyon plus through Edgewood on a farm way out from there. I might have taken the trip but the sire's 2 legger has end stage renal ds and wouldn't be able to take care of her. She's driving us nuts!

Today musiciansfriend.com has a Ref Pure in Black Cherry; old standard sizes; 22 x 18, 12 x 9, 13 x 10, and 16 x 16 for $1699.00! What would the difference in sound be? Got my attention but.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Still snowing in town and I have a dr's appointment today. Diva has been in heat and her mate lives through the canyon plus through Edgewood on a farm way out from there. I might have taken the trip but the sire's 2 legger has end stage renal ds and wouldn't be able to take care of her. She's driving us nuts!

Today musiciansfriend.com has a Ref Pure in Black Cherry; old standard sizes; 22 x 18, 12 x 9, 13 x 10, and 16 x 16 for $1699.00! What would the difference in sound be? Got my attention but...…………………..
    That's a pretty good deal Lonny! I like that color too, and the sizes are very good! As for the sound, I find them to be a little more controlled, think naturally EQ'd. I really love the sounds, the price has always been the biggest factor that steered me away. For the price, Masters are just hard to beat

However, for a good deal......lol

3. Chomp, Chomp

I think that’s a really good price too. I’d prefer 10” and 12” toms, but viva la difference. While this is a super deal, I probably would have passed on it when I bought my Fat Spruce. I wanted a 20” bass and 14” tom. The whole idea was to have a smaller kit that would be easier to transport should the occasion arise.
    Lonny, I think you’d look great behind one of those. Liquidate your exports and whatever extra hardware you have and take the plunge.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Lonny, I think you’d look great behind one of those. Liquidate your exports and whatever extra hardware you have and take the plunge.

Do it, do it do it, do it......

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

5. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Do it, do it do it, do it......
    Agreed!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

6. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    That's a pretty good deal Lonny! I like that color too, and the sizes are very good! As for the sound, I find them to be a little more controlled, think naturally EQ'd. I really love the sounds, the price has always been the biggest factor that steered me away. For the price, Masters are just hard to beat

However, for a good deal......lol
    agreed and that's the point. high end drums doesn't necessarly sounds 3 X better because they worth 3 X more in price.
    while,in the case of reference kits, those shells provides a so special voice , the hardware-lugs are so sharp-cool .; top notch stuff .

i've seen same config for 2500+ on the bay.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

7. Bad Girlfriend

It seems to me that I have a bad case of GAS. It's starting to feel like I'm trying to hold a fart in church. I've also thought about getting a Sweetwater Card and buy a Demon Drive Double pedal and I still have 2 dbl Eliminators with 1 still NIB. I just need a gas x. The Mahogany Masters is still only $1499.99 at mf and I've been lusting after that for years! My drums are really all I could ask for plus (as the voice of reason enters).
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

8. life start at 125bpm

^^^^
    honestly lonny, you're due for the high end kit of your dreams. a ref pure kit is a kit for a lifetime. you then can't feel the need for ''''more'''''.....; this kit is exactly it.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Skeld-the -wicked

Lonny, that’s a great deal on the Ref Pure. I definitely understand the gas thing. I know how much you love your MCX but the thought of owning a Ref Pure or a Mahogany Masters would be so exciting and enjoyable. When I found the 4pc MRX and the recent FF Snare You would think that would be enough but maybe it never will be. I wish you the best and if you do get the Ref Pure you won’t be disappointed.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    It seems to me that I have a bad case of GAS. It's starting to feel like I'm trying to hold a fart in church. I've also thought about getting a Sweetwater Card and buy a Demon Drive Double pedal and I still have 2 dbl Eliminators with 1 still NIB. I just need a gas x. The Mahogany Masters is still only $1499.99 at mf and I've been lusting after that for years! My drums are really all I could ask for plus (as the voice of reason enters).
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ^^^^
    honestly lonny, you're due for the high end kit of your dreams. a ref pure kit is a kit for a lifetime. you then can't feel the need for ''''more'''''.....; this kit is exactly it.
    Agreed indeed, would love to see (not smell) you release some GAS Lonny

On another note I have just sold my Benny Greb snare, a nice drum but I don't need it. Made a few dollars on the original purchase price too which is a bonus.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

11. Bad Girlfriend

She just got paid and her half of the bills was higher than she expected. If I gave into GAS right now; I would need to find a new room mate really quickly plus go through my savings way too fast. I did uncover an incredible deal for someone else though. Almost makes me wish I was still working! Plus I would be 2 toms less and need a new snare because my MCX snare or JJ Sig would not match.
    Glad you made a profit off your Benny Greb Snare Mike.

What were those Rims that converts hanging FT's to legs?

I can see me going barefoot to the mountains like Nelson!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by nova; 01-04-2019 at 04:52 AM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. Skeld-the -wicked

Oh well Lonny nothing wrong with dreaming. Without my part time delivery jobs and giging a lot of the gear I now have wouldn’t be possible. I have thought about selling my 6 pc Midnight Fade MMX/BRX but the cycle would just repeat itself and besides I would be foolish to do so.

You guys have to check out this Band Too Slim and The Taildraggers. Too Slim.org their newest release is called High Dessert Heat. Lonny I know you will like a track called One Step at a time because that’s what we have learned to do.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 01-04-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks