Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 98 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 1504
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Merry Christmas to all my friends on the red glass thread.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Happy Holidays!

A very Merry Christmas to all of my good friends here on this thread, and the PDF!

Sending all of our good thoughts and well wishes for a speedy recovery, to both Mike's and Dylan's respective significant others.

I'm also enjoying the chance to see everyone's latest drum gear acquisitions. They look fantastic!
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

3. Bad Girlfriend

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Chaunika! My beautiful dog and the ole lady were out playing in the snow this morning. Hope everyone and their individual ole lady's are feeling healthy. In late 1995 viral pneumonia gave me Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy so I am probably more afraid of pneumonia than most. I get a pneumo vaccine every 5 years.

I don't know if anyone else has been looking at the MCX 3 pc shell packs brand new on musiciansfriend.com for $499.99? It would be so cool to have a MCX in cases and ready to go to gigs or auditions, parties or open jams. The new midtown has a few problems that I can't escape and make the deal not so sweet. The 1st problem is that they are Shamrock Green. I could only see playing these on St Patrick's Day. I've always thought that that shade of green isn't made for drums. The next problem is it is a 20" bass drum but I could get past that and maybe come to like it. The real deal wrecker is that the mounted tom is 8" x 8". I wonder if it could be tuned low enough to sound good and still be able to bounce a roll. Does anyone have praise for their MCX 8" x 8" mounted tom? Just thought I'd open this up because I don't see another deal with so much potential.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nova; 12-26-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. life start at 125bpm

that is a scorching deal considering the MCX's quality.

as for a 20 kick.....it pack as much boom as a 22. all is in the heading and the tuning,and personally i like the punch provided by 20''bd,s...not sure about what you mean on the 8X8 tom...... all i know is that mine produce nice and tight rolls lol.

i'm a little with you on the green color,but ROMAN would probably disagree,it's all in the eyes of the owner i guess.

nova....did you got yourself a job? you don't post as much as you used to......hope you're fine .
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-26-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Chaunika! My beautiful dog and the ole lady were out playing in the snow this morning. Hope everyone and their individual ole lady's are feeling healthy. In late 1995 viral pneumonia gave me Congestive Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy so I am probably more afraid of pneumonia than most. I get a pneumo vaccine every 5 years.

I don't know if anyone else has been looking at the MCX 3 pc shell packs brand new on musiciansfriend.com for $499.99? It would be so cool to have a MCX in cases and ready to go to gigs or auditions, parties or open jams. The new midtown has a few problems that I can't escape and make the deal not so sweet. The 1st problem is that they are Shamrock Green. I could only see playing these on St Patrick's Day. I've always thought that that shade of green isn't made for drums. The next problem is it is a 20" bass drum but I could get past that and maybe come to like it. The real deal wrecker is that the mounted tom is 8" x 8". I wonder if it could be tuned low enough to sound good and still be able to bounce a roll. Does anyone have praise for their MCX 8" x 8" mounted tom? Just thought I'd open this up because I don't see another deal with so much potential.
    Hi Lonny. That's a great deal if you can get past the green. I would buy that just to disassemble it, and sell the parts, but the green kills it for me. If that were piano black, you'd have $400 worth of hoops (black bass drum hoops sell easily, and 3 sets of Mastercast hoops). Anyway, hope you're doing well!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Chomp, Chomp

MF has a special sale going on they’re offering 25% off with code December25. It’s down to $375. Now that’s cheap. You could buy some darks glasses.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    MF has a special sale going on they’re offering 25% off with code December25. It’s down to $375. Now that’s cheap. You could buy some darks glasses.
    some delmar of your choice ,and this kit would make the perfect cheap starter for the build of a hard rock kit. a 13 add on would give a unique tom's interval . add a double pedal in the equation and BOOMM!!
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-27-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

8. Chomp, Chomp

Here’s some pics of my new kit. Lighting was comming in from behind, so pics are a little dark. Everything is new sans BD pedal and throne.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

9. Chomp, Chomp

And a few more.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

10. Chomp, Chomp

And the last.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

11. life start at 125bpm

awwoaw!! this lill kit is so nice ,and those k's looks super shiny and nice too with the hammering......love the minimalist lugs on this kit. spruce as drum material is intriguing to me. finish seems impeccable.....

someone is looking for something different and unique? this is it... .
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    awwoaw!! this lill kit is so nice ,and those k's looks super shiny and nice too with the hammering......love the minimalist lugs on this kit. spruce as drum material is intriguing to me. finish seems impeccable.....

someone is looking for something different and unique? this is it... .
    Couldn't agree more! Sweet 4 piece and those K's....wow!