Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 118 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,405 to 1,416 of 1488
  1. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    simon craffar is now working for moto GP.com ,comenting directly from the tracks races to races.simon has been mildly successfull in GO a decade or so ago,but never raced the iom. aaron slight was a world superbike honda rider his whole career. i'm wondering where in NZ these guys were able to sharpen their riding skills. do new Z has some world class tracks?...i guess they had to cross the ocean to learn their way in the uk,or in oz.
    No motorcycle tracks of note here I can think of, just car tracks like that of Bruce McLaren. Kiwi pros in many pursuits and sports spend most of their time overseas where the best competition and facilities are. That is why often when we do well on the world stage it is seen as "punching above our weight" coming from a land of less than 5 million inhabitants. Australia is our biggest rival on the sports field, they like to treat us as the younger brother. The underdog tag suits NZers just fine.

the funny thing is,two strokes are coming back in force.with the help of technology,the new 2 strokes engines are emmiting less polluants than some 4 strokes. it's cool,i always liked the kind of edgy power delivery of the 2 strokes ; challenging.
    Exposing my ignorance, the only experience I have with 2 and 4 stroke engines is lawn mowers LOL

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

2. Empowered Individual

the funny thing is,two strokes are coming back in force.with the help of technology,the new 2 strokes engines are emmiting less polluants than some 4 strokes. it's cool,i always liked the kind of edgy power delivery of the 2 strokes ; challenging.

when i started my racing endeavors 4 decades ago,i started with the RG 500 gamma suzook. you had to stay ''on the pipe''' to get the power kickin in .it was a very narrow power band.1000-1500 rpm off and it was bubble'ing out the corners.that means you had to be on the right gear,and you had to reproduce the same approach at the same speed on the same exact line ,then you were rewarded with all the ponies kickin in ,rocketing out the corners. peeky as peeky can be. i can picture what those guys had to deal with with the 500GP bikes of the 80's . spencer,roberts,lawson,mamola.....they were sitting on rockets who were delivering 150hp inside 1000rpm LOL
    All the old school 2 stokers were like that ALL top end. I had a 77 yz 125 back in the early 80’s. It was one of the first “mono-shock” models that was heavy and not real fast and you had to “stay on the pipe” all the time!

The new 2 strokes are soooo much better.

3. Drumming Since 1943

i've never enjoyed riding in the streets.too dangerous with the bunch of blind irespnsible idiots who are about to commit an homicide on 4 wheels at each street corners. i never had much love for harleys because in my book,i want a bike that turn,brake,accelerate on a dime.,which instills security for me; how can you countersteer,brake,and turn in an emergency situation with a 800lbs machine which sits 2 inch from the ground? ......however,any kind of bike ridden in the streets is a risk taken ,wether it's a nimble sport bike or anchor on 2 wheels, and anyways,most street riders couldn't take advantage of the specifics of a bike that theorically could steer them out of troubles in a walk or die scenario,so in real, the kind of bike ridden won't make a difference for the average street rider....for me,it just happens that i always prefered the track instead of the streets,and i like the racing designs of japanese race bikes.

many people dont know,but harley davidson got somehow successfull in the AMA superbike series in the 90's with their VR1000 superbike ridden by 2 of my racing neighbors,miguel ''mig'' duhamel,and pascal picotte. unfortunately,harley called it a day at the end of their racing program because their brand mark engine couldn't compete anymore against the japanese concepts -technologies,while keeping the harley's engine designs,which was untouchable from harley's bosses point of view : changing their V-twins for inline fours would have been a sacrilege for harley,so they left it at that.

I can make my 800 lb. Road King do things that would make your head spin. I'm a trained rider. And Harley's are not "2 inches from the ground" so let's dispense with the hyperbole. If you're going to be critical of something, at least be accurate.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I can make my 800 lb. Road King do things that would make your head spin. I'm a trained rider. And Harley's are not "2 inches from the ground" so let's dispense with the hyperbole. If you're going to be critical of something, at least be accurate.
    JY again hasn't had his candy lol? why are you sounding like a frustrated man sometimes lol ..

e should meet head to head with our respective ride...you maybe learned those lill police drills with a harley ,still, your anchor is no match for someone knowing its way on a sport bike. simple physics like it or not .a 800lbs machine can't hold a candle compared to a 430lbs well
    balanced machine in all aspects. .

i've been chief instructor in our club race for people wanting a race licence.i've also worked for a major driving school as motorcycle instructor. and yes,i'm right when i say a 800lbs harley is no match facing a sport bike ,and that their ground clearance doesn't help in emergency stops. i don't mean it can't be controlled at all,i'm saying that in the hands of an average rider,a harley isn't the best tool when it,s time to pull off of an emergency situation intact.
    Last edited by rollracer; 03-14-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Drumming Since 1943

JY again hasn't had his candy lol? why are you sounding like a frustrated man sometimes lol ..

e should meet head to head with our respective ride...you maybe learned those lill police drills with a harley ,still, your anchor is no match for someone knowing its way on a sport bike. simple physics like it or not .a 800lbs machine can't hold a candle compared to a 430lbs well
    balanced machine in all aspects. .

i've been chief instructor in our club race for people wanting a race licence.i've also worked for a major driving school as motorcycle instructor. and yes,i'm right when i say a 800lbs harley is no match facing a sport bike ,and that their ground clearance doesn't help in emergency stops. i don't mean it can't be controlled at all,i'm saying that in the hands of an average rider,a harley isn't the best tool when it,s time to pull off of an emergency situation intact.
    Why does my reasoned retort mean that I'm "frustrated"? And your referring to my training as "l'il police drills" is simply disrespectful. I'm actually surprised at you.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Why does my reasoned retort mean that I'm "frustrated"? And your referring to my training as "l'il police drills" is simply disrespectful. I'm actually surprised at you.
    If you're going to be critical of something, at least be accurate.
    read your reply .

YOU were insinuating that i was goofing with my post!! was i?

why did you felt pointed out when i said : ''a 800lbs machine can't be as agile as a 430lbs bike''''?

did i ever said YOU were concerned? nope.

i was clearly stating that that a 800lbs machine can't serves you as well in an emergency situation!! did i ever said : ''JY wouldn't be able to pull off an emergency situation intact ,or unhurt with his HD....''' ? .no.

so why landing on my quote from up you ivory tower telling me i'm wrong,or innacurate BECAUSE YOU are a trained trooper? i wasn't even thinking about you and your job when i made that statement !!

i think sometimes you don't realize that your replies are quite rude for no reasons ,and then, when you get a reply on the same tonal,you seems surprized....it's like your last remark in the rock'n'roll news. i did not replied,but you did it on purpose,as usual. why? i just don't get your occasional compulsory need for confrontation man.

as the gentleman i am,i still can offer you my apologies for the ''lill drills''' part.but f***,stop being as rude as you're sometimes,it just call for ,''''sand blasting style'''' conversations .
    Last edited by rollracer; 03-15-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Bad Girlfriend

We're auditioning another lead/rhythm guitarist Saturday night. I can't wait because last Friday we let a psychotic lead player go, and our stable like a rock rhythm; (with some leads); guitarist had to quit to work the farm, animals, and his full time job, while his wife is in Houston tending to her dying mother. My search was relentless and I found one by Tuesday. He has 3 and a half days with the list before we play. I'm stoked and dying to play with the guys. Great band name: Broken Wind!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

8. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    We're auditioning another lead/rhythm guitarist Saturday night. I can't wait because last Friday we let a psychotic lead player go, and our stable like a rock rhythm; (with some leads); guitarist had to quit to work the farm, animals, and his full time job, while his wife is in Houston tending to her dying mother. My search was relentless and I found one by Tuesday. He has 3 and a half days with the list before we play. I'm stoked and dying to play with the guys. Great band name: Broken Wind!
    that cool,and it reminds me that,for the 1st time in what,5 years,i'm auditionning on march 30th for a band .it's exciting because there's a key player well established in the band.songs i must re-work,are ''kansas carry on'''...''journey separate ways'''' ''''pink floyd's money''' and ''yes siberian kathru'''...i 've been asked to sing,or at least doin back vocals,all the players sing in that band which isn't a problem regarding the linear of my voice,but i think the syncronism playing VS singing is gonna be out the window at first lol.....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Bad Girlfriend

Good luck on your audition Nelson! Prog Rock is pretty intense for a drummer to sing. I used to sing a lot but I hardly sing at all now.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

10. life start at 125bpm

Good luck on your audition Nelson! Prog Rock is pretty intense for a drummer to sing. I used to sing a lot but I hardly sing at all now.
    in case of the kansas tune,and the siberian kathru...i think i have no choice left...anything yes requires everybody to sing. this one is gonna be rough for me...i think in that specific case i'm gonna ask for forgiveness lol...it'll comes over time. not sure but journey's songs are filled with harmonizer grafted over perry's voice,and at worse there's maybe 1 or 2 back vocals,so i can breath freely in this case LOL.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Bad Girlfriend

Did Allan White, Bill Bufford, or Carl Palmer really sing? They were always so busy behind their kits that I didn't notice any vocal action.

It's Jam Day!

Today is audition day for a guitarist! Hope he can really play!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. life start at 125bpm

Did Allan White, Bill Bufford, or Carl Palmer really sing? They were always so busy behind their kits that I didn't notice any vocal action.

It's Jam Day!

Today is audition day for a guitarist! Hope he can really play!
    to my knowledge i think nope. maybe palmer,wouldn't be surprized because he learned drum at uni,and iirc whatever the instrument you learn,you must sing a little.i know some dudes who picked up lyrics because it's less time consuming than learning a second instrument...at uni,you MUST choose your main ,and a secondary instrument : at least here, you have to pick a secondary, between guitar,piano, bass...or singing.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's