Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 154 of 169 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 1,837 to 1,848 of 2017
  1. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Hey James! How's life in frosty WI?
    Nice tidy set up! Bet she sounds great!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

BOOM DA DA BAP DA BOOM BOOM DA BAP
    CDA MEMBER since 2006

2. A Passion Play ...

Hello James. Very nice to see you back here. Sweet
    little rig Lonny. Love the finish.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hello James. Very nice to see you back...
    Hey Eric. Yep, been a looonng time.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

4. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Hello James how are you? Did you hear about Cascio Music in receivership? They filed in Waukesha Co Court Thursday . This is very sad !
    Hey there Paul! Im a bit better. I just replied to you post on Casio! Its been awhile! I was literally going to pay them a visit in the coming few days.
    7 minutes away by car. Sad news! I have spent many thousands of dollars there in the past few decades. Hope they can find resolution!
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

5. Bad Girlfriend

What were you suffering from or dealing with James? I didn't know about any health concerns.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

6. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

It's great to see that James is back, and Lonny your new Tama Club Jam kit looks fantastic!

Paul, I'm sorry to hear that Cascio Music is in receivership, and I really hope that they find someway to continue to keep the store going. I've only had the chance to visit the store in person once a few years ago, and that was only to pick up a couple of drumheads for my kit. From what I remember, Cascio has a bunch of big showrooms devoted to different instruments, and it's really easy to loose track of time in there trying to see everything that they have to offer.

We never seem to get up to New Berlin or the Greenfield area on Saturday nights before Cascio or MGR closes for the evening. I wish that they were both open later like 9:00 PM on Saturdays, but like most music stores a lot of the employees are in gigging bands that play on Saturday nights. So, I guess that our road trips up north would have to start earlier in the day.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

7. Spirit WARS inside..

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Glad your feeling better. Cascio will remain open . I was there today and some of the employees are positive another company will take over operations.
    Happy to hear this. I'm gonna head in there this coming week and get lost in the cymbal room. THX btw.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

8. Spirit WARS inside..

What were you suffering from or dealing with James? I didn't know about any health concerns.
    Uncontrollable HBP. Almost stroked out a few times. scary.
    MAPEX l PEARL l SABIAN

CDA MEMBER since 2006

9. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygates View Post
    Uncontrollable HBP. Almost stroked out a few times. scary.
    I've been on RX's for BP before it ever got high because of the CHF I got in late 1995. Hypertension is a killer!

New group is called A.D.D. Get Hyperactive to the sounds of A.D.D.!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

10. Chomp, Chomp

I've been on RX's for BP before it ever got high because of the CHF I got in late 1995. Hypertension is a killer!

New group is called A.D.D. Get Hyperactive to the sounds of A.D.D.!
    Attention deficit disorder? I forget why I asked .
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post
    It's great to see that James is back, and Lonny your new Tama Club Jam kit looks fantastic!

Paul, I'm sorry to hear that Cascio Music is in receivership, and I really hope that they find someway to continue to keep the store going. I've only had the chance to visit the store in person once a few years ago, and that was only to pick up a couple of drumheads for my kit. From what I remember, Cascio has a bunch of big showrooms devoted to different instruments, and it's really easy to loose track of time in there trying to see everything that they have to offer.

We never seem to get up to New Berlin or the Greenfield area on Saturday nights before Cascio or MGR closes for the evening. I wish that they were both open later like 9:00 PM on Saturdays, but like most music stores a lot of the employees are in gigging bands that play on Saturday nights. So, I guess that our road trips up north would have to start earlier in the day.
    over here,music stores are goin bankrupt one after one.even the largests are on the edge.italmelody closed their doors 4 years ago,but what killed them is the investment in a new building.they wanted to make it bigbig,and they lost .now,only one,which is a centenary store known around NA is still in business(steve music store) ,but they keep their head off the water only because they sell large batch to the GVT school network.otherwise they would be dead...montreal is a unique situation, only mixing tables and DJ computer stuff sells well.

there's a state wide petition running across the colleges and secondary schools right now asking the GVT to stop cutting into the academic music programs.

i'm wondering if asking the united nation for a worldwide BAN (bans are the hype since a while) on DJ - canned music would work.

reason for it would be the cultural alienation of man made music, therefore,some sort of cultural genocide

. lol.yes,i'm serious.
    Last edited by rollracer; 02-25-2020 at 07:01 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Bad Girlfriend

It's pretty much the same here Nelson. We used to have good, locally owned music stores and now we have Guitar Center, Music Go Round, and a DJ, Live Sound, set you up for a gig rental store. It used to be a music store but they never have new guitars or drums now. Most people buy from the internet.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY