Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 1,705 to 1,716 of 1751
  1. Bad Girlfriend

32 years sober in 2 hours and 19 minutes. Ready to start my 33rd year! But for the grace of God there go I.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Registered User

Yea, "God" did it.

All hail GOD!

3. Skeld-the -wicked

Congratulations Lonny! I have 25 years of sobriety. Absolutely nothing is worth going back to all that misery.i remember complaining at a AA meeting early on and an old timer pulled me off to the side and said , take one thumb and put it in your mouth and the other in your butt and if you feel like talking switch! He became my sponsor.

Gone like a fifth of gin gone gone away, Gone like the shape Iím in gone gone away. John Hiatt.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 11-08-2019 at 05:02 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

4. Bad Girlfriend

Sponsors say the craziest things and they are usually right. My first sponsor kept putting the dirtiest, smelliest drunks from the meeting to give rides home and I learned a lot from that. I hear that the 33rd year is the hardest; lol!!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

5. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Yea, "God" did it.

All hail GOD!

i think calling god to help in a given situation is a translation of the research for a supreme ,unbeatable power ; a huge amount of willingness , to succeed at defying,then beating a circumstance of life that put a serious burden on it.

sometimes,you may think you're not strong enough to defeat something-someone.....that an extra source of willingness is needed because you feel weak. we may refer to god as this external source of power you can catch, then use to accomplish what seemed previously impossible.

as example,i'm watching the TITAN TV series with Dwayne johnson THE ROCK .a succession of physical challenges which push the body to the extreme.most of the competitors are accomplished athletes,yet,they often have to look to this extra stamina boost seemingly impossible to extract from your body when the level of exhaustion is total,to the point of faceplant.that is when '''god''' is called . how are you goin to get this extra boost to get the win when in fact you're totally done,toasted. the farter corners of your spirit you normally don't have free access to , is probably where the power left is hidding .your god is probably residing there.
    Last edited by rollracer; 11-08-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

6. Registered User

Sure we can...

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i think calling god to help in a given situation is a translation of the research for a supreme ,unbeatable power ; a huge amount of willingness , to succeed at defying,then beating a circumstance of life that put a serious burden on it.

sometimes,you may think you're not strong enough to defeat something-someone.....that an extra source of willingness is needed because you feel weak. we may refer to god as this external source of power you can catch, then use to accomplish what seemed previously impossible.

as example,i'm watching the TITAN TV series with Dwayne johnson THE ROCK .a succession of physical challenges which push the body to the extreme.most of the competitors are accomplished athletes,yet,they often have to look to this extra stamina boost seemingly impossible to extract from your body when the level of exhaustion is total,to the point of faceplant.that is when '''god''' is called . how are you goin to get this extra boost to get the win when in fact you're totally done,toasted. the farter corners of your spirit you normally don't have free access to , is probably where the power left is hidding .your god is probably residing there.
    So my spirit is... in my butt?

Yeah, makes as much sense as religion. I'll allow it.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Congratulations Lonny!

9. Chomp, Chomp

Lonny and Paul, Way to go! I’m really happy for both of you.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

My sentiments exactly Marv.
    Congratulations to both Lonny and Paul for keeping up the the good fight.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

11. Bad Girlfriend

The celebration goes on!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. Skeld-the -wicked

My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary today . We went out for a great dinner . Thx Marv & Kevin for your support. At first for me it was tough but I made a commitment to myself to do whatever it took to stay sober. I could do one day at a time . A good friend once said to me There is no future in the past.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks