Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
  1. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    I just picked up a SWEET 14 x 5 Mahogany Classic snare off ebay from Japan. Beautiful drum, White Marine Pearl wrap. I'd Like to put a clear head on it so I can see the Beautiful Mahagony inside. It has Mahogany reinf rings to ............
    Sweet, you better show me pics when you get it! Hope you are doing well Jeff!

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    I just picked up a SWEET 14 x 5 Mahogany Classic snare off ebay from Japan. Beautiful drum, White Marine Pearl wrap. I'd Like to put a clear head on it so I can see the Beautiful Mahagony inside. It has Mahogany reinf rings to ............
    Sweet score. Id like my next snare to be mahogany. White marine pearl is the classic finish.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

3. Too Hot To Handle

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Sweet score. I’d like my next snare to be mahogany. White marine pearl is the classic finish.
    The new Sessions Snares will be Birch and Mahogany with Super Hoops 2. They might be worth trying and playing. My Maple MCX Snare is loud and crisp.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    The new Sessions Snares will be Birch and Mahogany with Super Hoops 2. They might be worth trying and playing. My Maple MCX Snare is loud and crisp.
    The new Sessions are very nice, but not different enough to warrant the purchase. My modest collection covers many styles and I like them all. I don’t have a Mahogany shell snare, but I’m keeping my eyes open. I prefer die cast hoops and a cool throw off and a butt side adjuster would be nice. I bought a new snare drum rack from MF before the holidays hoping to add some cool new drums, but right now I haven’t even assembled it. I do like the Tama Fat Spruce. It has die cast hoops, a slick throw, and butt side snare adjuster. My only concern is that it only has 8 lugs. I know that many expensive, high end snares only have 8 lugs. It’s just a mental thing that I need to get past. Matt has one and really likes it. I wish Pearl offered more snares with die cast hoops.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

5. Natural Finish Army

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Sweet, you better show me pics when you get it! Hope you are doing well Jeff!
    Justin, How yeah doing buddy ............ Pics, you bet. As soon as I get a camera ...................

This is a nice snare, have not messed with it much. Getting ready to head down to Marvs neck of the woods friday. But looking forward to adding it to the rotation.

6. Too Hot To Handle

So your kids and parents talked to the 30 million dollar NRA brief case today.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

7. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    So your kids and parents talked to the 30 million dollar NRA brief case today.
    Lonny, I am so proud of these kids. They spoke articulately, intelligently and with passion. I taught American Government at Stoneman Douglas and I can tell you that these kids know more about how our government works and the constitution than most adults and elected officials. Many of these kids will be attending some of the best universities in the country. Not only are the students organizing, but so are the alumni. These are highly intelligent and affluent adults. My own daughter graduated from Stoneman Douglas. She went on to graduate cum laude from the Univ of Florida with a degree in microbiology and cell science. Afterward she attended the University of Maryland dental school and is now a practicing dentist. Almost all of her high school friends are now doctors, dentists, lawyers and other professionals. Over 7000 of them have organized. All they are asking for is that something be done to end the carnage in our schools. It’s been 19 years since Columbine and nothing has been done. It’s mind boggling to me that a 20 year old person can not legally buy a can of beer, because our government thinks that they are not responsible enough to drink, but an 18 year old can purchase as many assault weapons as they want without a background check or a waiting period. It’s easier to buy an AR 15 than allergy pills. Our founding fathers were talking about single shot muskets and a well regulated militia when they wrote the second amendment, not assault weapons. I can’t believe that we as a nation are willing to place the right to own a weapon that is designed to cause mass casualties over the safety of our children.
    It’s been several months since the Las Vegas massacre and our pathetic congress won’t wven address the issue of bump stocks. My parents, as many of yours were part of the greatest generation. They created our power grid, the interstate highway system, and put a man on the Moon. They also defended our nation in a world war. Our generation will go down in history as insipid, gutless, and the generation that put the lives and safety of our children behind the right of an 18 year old to buy a weapon of war.
    My wife and I joined a group of adults from our community and we are willing to match whatever our state politicians have received from the NRA if they are willing to reject NRA money and vote to raise the age to purchase an assault weapon to 21. We are not against the second amendment.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

8. Too Hot To Handle

I could hear their intelligence and they are so right. No one hunts with automatic weapons because they destroy the game. They would leave nothing to eat. Assault automatics are "tools of war" and a far cry from what hunters need; or even self or family protection. The NRA is already screaming about their rights and we watch schools, churches, picnics, and bars being shot so often. The problem is that the NRA owns so many politicians. So the solution yesterday was to arm the teachers and reinstitute the mental health laws for gun ownership that this same president got rid of. He now has to earn the 30 mil that they paid him.

Having no luck with any new bands, though I answered a craigslist call for a drummer last night.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY