Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 138 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,645 to 1,656 of 1697
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Blk Diamond View Post

Hang in there Marv. We are all hoping that everyone down there gets through this next one safely.
    Thanks Kevin. I woke up to better news today. Yesterday they were saying that we were going to get 18” of rain and face 150mph winds. I drained about 1,000 gallons of water from my pool and now it seems that may have been premature. Luckily, we’re still in the rainy season and nature will replace it quickly.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. Away From The World

Hi Marv. Just seen the news about Bahamas getting hit by the hurricane on the move. Mentioned to my wife that you have hurricane preparedness, hope its not too serious for you there.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

3. life start at 125bpm

hope that the hurricane is gonna turn full north.they expect it to hit west palm beach this morning full swing,but miami should be safe unless the damn thing decides otherwise. stay safe marv,i know you're well equiped and prepared.....but this one is gonna hurt.....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hi Marv. Just seen the news about Bahamas getting hit by the hurricane on the move. Mentioned to my wife that you have hurricane preparedness, hope its not too serious for you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    hope that the hurricane is gonna turn full north.they expect it to hit west palm beach this morning full swing,but miami should be safe unless the damn thing decides otherwise. stay safe marv,i know you're well equiped and prepared.....but this one is gonna hurt.....
    Thanks Gents. It looks like we got a huge break on this one. Dorian is a monster. I’ve lived in Florida since 1974 and have never seen anything pack winds of 185mph with gusts to 220.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

5. Skeld-the -wicked

That’s great to hear Marv. I would be panicking if We lived on the southeastern coast. I would have already stocked up on depends!
    Keep us posted.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    That’s great to hear Marv. I would be panicking if We lived on the southeastern coast. I would have already stocked up on depends!
    Keep us posted.
    I panicked two years ago when Hurricane Irma was approaching. I had aluminum storm panels for everything but my three sets of glass doors. Two are 12x12 and one is 12x14’. I had no place to store them. After going through several packs of depends when Irma was approaching, I decided to bite the bullet and put accordion shutters or impact glass on every opening. I also have an 8500w generator. Of course I have no idea if it will start. I bought it in 2005 after losing power during Hurricane Wilma. I never started it. I knew if I put gas with ethanol in it, it would just be a matter of time until the rubber parts turned to mush.

I feel for the folks along the eastern coast too. Most of those homes aren’t built to south Florida standards. Sustained winds of 185 and gusts up to 200 is unimaginable. I don’t know of any home that could escape without substantial damage. I know this sounds stupid, but luckily the winds are down to 150 mph.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Many Paiste Cymbals

7. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Thanks Gents. It looks like we got a huge break on this one. Dorian is a monster. I’ve lived in Florida since 1974 and have never seen anything pack winds of 185mph with gusts to 220.
    Good to hear, not so for others of course. Spring has begun here and we have 2-3 days of rain coming, I won't complain about it!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

8. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post

that was the '''gift''' dorian had for his great floridians '''' friends ''''' .

because before shifting to force 4 and 3, the bahamas got it force 5, the wind speeding at over 300 mph in some locations. houses were flying like parachutes in the air,cars were flying and rolling like very light objects in strong winds...... on the
    news, .i've seen someone who nearly flew off if it hadn't been of a post he grabbed at the last second before getting kidnapped by the wind . SCARING STUFF!!!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Registered User

I was sunk in a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, on a 100' workboat. Whutta rush!!!

10. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I was sunk in a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico, on a 100' workboat. Whutta rush!!!
    at least there was plenty of water to wash the skid marks on your underwear lol. it must be a stressing experience. you suddenly remember the prayers learned at primary school lol.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Registered User

I shoulda sued the crap outta the company - it was totally their fault.

12. Bad Girlfriend

Keep thinking it's going by you! Hope so!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY