Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,644 of 1672
  1. Bad Girlfriend

Love the FF! Red drums sound best!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Thx Lonny , Red Drums Rule!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 5pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. Bad Girlfriend

Hurricane prep in Florida? Got the players for new project. We start Sat. I had a nice summer off!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

4. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Hurricane prep in Florida? Got the players for new project. We start Sat. I had a nice summer off!
    summer is on its end again. gosh!! i feel thin and old again ,the snowbird in me is growing a little more each year.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

I live in a Mecca for snowbirds
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

6. Registered User

I live in a swamp...

7. Chomp, Chomp

I’m as ready as I can be. Hurricane Irma scared the crap out of me two years ago. I now have either impact resistant glass or accordion shutters on all openings. I can have my house zipped up in 20 minutes. Both cars are filled up and I have gas for my generator.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

8. Registered User

I'd sure GTF outta Dodge if I had to do all of that routinely. It's akin to living in Tornado Alley... I just don't get it.

Again, good luck!

9. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I'd sure GTF outta Dodge if I had to do all of that routinely. It's akin to living in Tornado Alley... I just don't get it.

Again, good luck!
    You’ve obviously never lived in south Florida. It’s nothing like Tornado Alley. We have days of advanced warnings to prepare. Our building codes are also the strongest in the US. I’ve seen the destructive power of hurricanes first hand. I saw a development of hundreds of homes disappear. These were wood framed houses built before the stronger codes were inacted. I’ve also seen hurricanes make landfall anywhere from New Jersey to Corpus Christi. If you eliminate places with hurricanes, fires, floods, tornadoes, mudslides, earthquakes, and ridiculously cold winters, what’s left?
    As for having to “do all that,” it’s not that much. I’ve been around here long enough to know to keep a few cases of water bottles on hand and enough non perishables for a week. The only thing I did was get gasoline for my generator. I live on the hospital grid and if I do lose power, it will only be for three or four days. I can close my shutters in 20 minutes, or 30 if I take my time. I did go to Target and buy comfort food.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Bad Girlfriend

https://youtu.be/aGNx92egts8

I'm hoping in doesn't hit land at all. If it does wander inland I hope it's no where near any of my friends; Marv! Glad you're prepared! Here it's hot! Old records have been beaten.

Dodgers lost last night so their Magic Number is still 9. Raiders had a good preseason. Now they have to cut down to the 53 man roster (and the practice squad).
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

11. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

Hey Lonny, good luck tomorrow with your new project. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Iím as ready as I can be. Hurricane Irma scared the crap out of me two years ago. I now have either impact resistant glass or accordion shutters on all openings. I can have my house zipped up in 20 minutes. Both cars are filled up and I have gas for my generator.
    Hang in there Marv. We are all hoping that everyone down there gets through this next one safely.
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

12. Registered User

It would seem like a house shaped like an upside-down shallow bowl would be the best shape to survive high winds, but you never see that.