Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 124 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

Default What happened to Nova's Thread ?

Did it just run its course or was there another reason? This Thread has been my favorite even though our views might be different sometimes we all share in the passion of owning & playing drums at any level. I will miss this comradere.

Nova , Can I hear a Fun with the MCX Red Glass Glitter 3 ?. Anyone else??????
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 06-24-2017 at 05:37 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters MRX 4pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    14 x 6.5 Maple FF Snare
    14x 5.5 Maple Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. A Passion Play ...

Always enjoy going to any of Lonny's threads.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

3. life start at 125bpm

while the conversation we had previous to the lock up was tinted of great friendship, i guess politics was the reason for the lock. i can understand the why conversations involving politics is not allowed. we the eldest can sustain a conversation where we all displays a different view on things without getting into rude exchanges, but i can see some younger members coming in and ruining the tone with their lack of self control. i guess they locked it in fear of seeing some chit chat'ers landing in to proceed to their favorite sport .....

however, the thread was at the 156th page, normally a thread is closed after the 200th page. it
    should be reopened for the rest of its normal life span.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. 1, 2, 3, Hit It!

I think that you're right Nelson.
    The political talk, no matter how civil, sunk the proverbial ship.

Here's to looking forward to the next chapter in Lonny's excellent "Red Glass MCX" threads!
    Kevin

Pearl Masters Custom Extra MRX - 5 Piece Maple Kit
    Midnight Fade, Chrome Hardware
    Matching Snare: 14x6.5 Toms: 12x9, 13x10, 16x16 (FT) Bass: 22x18
    Cymbals: Paiste Signatures & 2oo2s

Proud member of the Masters Army <<<Click to join today!

5. Skeld-the -wicked

Too bad , I hope Nova doesn't cut the soles off his shoes and live in a tree (Firesign Theater we're all Bozo's on this Bus).
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters MRX 4pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    14 x 6.5 Maple FF Snare
    14x 5.5 Maple Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. life start at 125bpm

honestly, our thread was on idle since awhile, and i'm guessing ( guessing only, i might be wrong ) lonny wasn't much interested anymore , seeing how rarely he was posting in the last months.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    honestly, our thread was on idle since awhile, and i'm guessing ( guessing only, i might be wrong ) lonny wasn't much interested anymore , seeing how rarely he was posting in the last months.
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.
    Oh I'm still interested. I'm trying now to find a new band because my lead guitarist always returns to Robin Trower and that never goes over with commercial musicians. The first bass player that had a wife make him quit because "it's starting to be a band," (it's true) said that this guitarist is set in his ways and should play it so well after 30 years of it. He's right. I'm hunting for some different people though the singer is very good and a keeper.

Dodgers are 2 and a half games ahead of The Rockies and The Diamondbacks and I have Baseball Fever again!

I've also been "waking the neighbors since 1952! " LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by nova; 06-24-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

8. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words.
    Oh I'm still interested.

I've also been "waking the neighbors since 1952! LOL!

i have a very very good memory, so IIRC, you never ever had a problem with your neighbors excepting the beer drinker who was living across your street. it lasted for a year and he moved out from your neighborhood...i remember at one point you were on a mission to muffle the whole garage with every fabrics found, and your band even started to play through a hub LOL.

non musicians are generally intolerant to live instruments.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Bad Girlfriend

Yes Nelson; but I think he drank whisky or vodka. When we would wake him up he would be in bad shape and call the cops and after we found him, he would call us. Jam Hub; what a nightmare, but it works.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

10. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Yes Nelson; but I think he drank whisky or vodka. When we would wake him up he would be in bad shape and call the cops and after we found him, he would call us. Jam Hub; what a nightmare, but it works.
    ugh!! whisky.....oufff. curiously i'm partial to the taste of a good scotch but bourbon...i just can't. the second i get the smell,i'm done lol.

when i was living in the city, i had to go to the rehearsal band room if i wanted to play the drums.for nearly 10 years my only practice device at home has been my loyal drum pad set equiped with pearl silent stroke mesh heads. the factor in itself wasn't that bad, i had plenty of motivation to practice on the pads and i was living for the week end so i could get some time on the real thing.

now i'm living in the mountains i can play my kit whenever i want . neighbor next to me is 200 feets away,and on top of that my house is completely surrounded by a row of 30 feet high cedars which act as a natural peripheric muffling around the house. curiously, now i have no restrictions , i don't feel the urge to play like it was when i was a urban soul lost in the city's melting pot of anything goes LOL.

the only downside to this being that there's only deers and mooses around, and i noticed that those are not really enclined toward playing rock n roll haha.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-25-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Bad Girlfriend

Whisky was my preferred drink back in the day. I drank scotch with a friend once and it was too sweet but it was his and thus free. I would mix whisky with sour mix and ice cubes in the blender and leave all my troubles behind. Then I thought I had an ulcer but it turned out to be alcoholic gastritis (I learned later).
    I switched to beer but a couple miniatures would make it work quicker. It's now been over 30 years since I've had a sip of alcohol. I don't celebrate until November due to another issue. https://youtu.be/An4uDegHB8s?list=RDmgIbPzGNhIM

A Beatle Tribute band here is looking for a Ringo because theirs is moving in July. I love the music but I would have to cover one of my kits with Strata Black, buy an expensive mop wig, and loose about 200 lbs. I wonder if that would make me be Ringo ? Good actors start and quit smoking or eating for their parts and I'm sure there's a drummer around here that wouldn't have as much to change as I would. It would be a good time and they are booked all the time. Maybe one of you guys want this? It's on Albuquerque's Craigslist.
    https://youtu.be/mgIbPzGNhIM

Me? Ringo? lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by nova; 06-25-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. life start at 125bpm

I love the music but I would have to cover one of my kits with Strata Black, buy an expensive mop wig, and loose about 200 lbs.
    rotflmao.....that is funny.

if you were really interested by this gig, your elx wouldn't look bad in strata black livery ; personally, i love this finish made popular by the psychedelic years ; however , i'm not sure you're as much versed into pop rock music as you're with southern rock and blues ; so then re wrapping only for the occasion doesn't make sens. however, i suspect a beatle tribute is more attractive for club owners than any other kind of tribute; the beatles are still in demand.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-25-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's