Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Just do it. Report back.

pls+thks

2. HERTA so good!

Update: Just ordered the following.

Evans Red Hydraulic for my toms in the following sizes;

Evans Coated Black Hydraulic Snare head for my DW Black Nickel over Brass snare and an Evans Onyx batter for my newly acquired 12" DW side snare. I went with the Onyx for the side snare because it really fattens up the smaller diameter snares. That and they don't offer a coated black hydraulic snare head in a 12" diameter.
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads

3. Is this Illidan?

I was never a fan of the Hydraulic on the snare. However, I will mention that you will probably tune them up a bit more than you are used to in order to help them resonate a bit more. The lower they are tuned, the more dead they are. You'll probably need to play with them a bit, but should be able to get a good sound. Good luck!

4. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    I was never a fan of the Hydraulic on the snare. However, I will mention that you will probably tune them up a bit more than you are used to in order to help them resonate a bit more. The lower they are tuned, the more dead they are. You'll probably need to play with them a bit, but should be able to get a good sound. Good luck!
    Thanks. This will be my first go with the hydraulics so I'll either be pleasantly surprised or hate them completely. I don't plan on discarding my current batter heads until I know for sure these will work for me. With the 15% off promotion and some bonus points saved up from previous purchases, it only cost me $75.68 to rehead my entire kit minus the bass drum.

5. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    Update: Just ordered the following.

Evans Red Hydraulic for my toms in the following sizes;

Evans Coated Black Hydraulic Snare head for my DW Black Nickel over Brass snare and an Evans Onyx batter for my newly acquired 12" DW side snare. I went with the Onyx for the side snare because it really fattens up the smaller diameter snares. That and they don't offer a coated black hydraulic snare head in a 12" diameter.
    i seriously can't wait on your upcoming review
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

6. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i seriously can't wait on your upcoming review
    I'll be sure to provide one. May even try to capture a short video demo.

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    I'll be sure to provide one. May even try to capture a short video demo.
    i have couple different sets of heads for my whole kit. i might add hydros depending on what you have to say about them,especially at higher than usual tuning, like between jazz and latin tunings.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

8. HERTA so good!

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i have couple different sets of heads for my whole kit. i might add hydros depending on what you have to say about them,especially at higher than usual tuning, like between jazz and latin tunings.
    I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Some say they're great at higher tunings while others say they're great at lower tunings. That's why I want to experience them for myself. Most of the time I tune my resonant heads a third above the batter heads and I'm curious to see the results once I install these heads.

9. Registered User

I've tried them and gigged with them this past weekend.

They look cool but with my TAMA B/B kit, they didn't do anything for it. I don't think I'll keep them on that shell material. I'm also trying a set of Blue Hydraulics on my Maple Superstars. That is the kit I have in the DOTM this month but posted pictures before the head swap.

Again, they look cool but I think I'm going to stick with G2's.

Bish
    "I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds."

10. life start at 125bpm

my BB kit in anthique sunburst finish would look quite psychedelic with the red ones. like the idea . waiting for some precise opinions on the sound and also the toutch-rebound control and such important considerations for us .
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's