Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    You may have said before but what style is the original band? Classic rock? Blues based?
    kinda blues/country and a touch or rock

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    kinda blues/country and a touch or rock
    Sounds cool. Hope the songs take shape with ease!

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Sounds cool. Hope the songs take shape with ease!
    We have about 5 tracks started and one that is just about done. Though I might redo my tracks to make it a little more consistent and just more what I want to hear lol.

Plus we have more mics to use to get it to sound really good even though in this music I don't use my toms too much

4. Starclassic Guy

I've heard some of it and it's awesome. For the genre, the playing is great. It has a willie Nelson rock vibe. I'm excited to hear the rest.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I've heard some of it and it's awesome. For the genre, the playing is great. It has a willie Nelson rock vibe. I'm excited to hear the rest.
    Thanks!

I was sent a better more compete version of 'I come here' but can't figure out how to send it to you. I do t know how I was able to send the rough incomplete version in the first place lol

Btw, how did you guys get your EP online?

6. Registered User

Well... that was the most unprofessional gig I've ever been a part of.

Doors opened at 6 and the first act (solo act) started at 6, then they did sound check from 7-7:45 when the fist band was supposed to start at 7, my band was supposed to start at 8. And because they didn't even try to stay on their schedule they cut our set by 3 or 4 songs.

I also talked to the sound tech about me using in ears when I first got there and he said ok, but when I got up there to play he told me tough and to deal with the wedge, then had the nerve to tell me to play quietly because they wanted to keep the stage volume down..... I told him to **** off and that I'm going to play how I play. So I played louder than normal because I was pissed off and **** people lol.

At least phil and his wife came out so we got to make fun of the professionalism together.

7. Registered User

Well... that was the most unprofessional gig I've ever been a part of. Doors opened at 6 and the first act (solo act) started at 6, then they did sound check from 7-7:45 when the fist band was supposed to start at 7, my band was supposed to start at 8. And because they didn't even try to stay on their schedule they cut our set by 3 or 4 songs. I also talked to the sound tech about me using in ears when I first got there and he said ok, but when I got up there to play he told me tough and to deal with the wedge, then had the nerve to tell me to play quietly because they wanted to keep the stage volume down..... I told him to **** off and that I'm going to play how I play. So I played louder than normal because I was pissed off and **** people lol. At least phil and his wife came out so we got to make fun of the professionalism together.
    I detest shows that do not run on time then the headliner has to cut the set list because people cannot get organized. I know things can happen but that's just not acceptable IMO. For the sound guy to green light your in ears then red light it before you take the throne is unprofessional. He should have said no when you asked him the first time if he didn't want to incorporate them. At least you had a fellow drummer to comment on the happenings of the show lol

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jdtdrums View Post
    I detest shows that do not run on time then the headliner has to cut the set list because people cannot get organized. I know things can happen but that's just not acceptable IMO. For the sound guy to green light your in ears then red light it before you take the throne is unprofessional. He should have said no when you asked him the first time if he didn't want to incorporate them. At least you had a fellow drummer to comment on the happenings of the show lol
    But yet when my band went up to play the "after party" portion of the night, I all the sudden had my line level xlr for my in ears. That's all he had to do before because the guy was running a presonus AI board that I have the app to control my monitor mix. He didn't have to do anything other than give me cable.... but apparently that was too complicated earlier in the night?

I was glad that phil and his wife were there as well as my wife, but I feel terrible that they paid $15 each to sit through that God awful event. At least my band sounded good from what phil told me. And I got on the good side of the producer of my aunts album that night by helping him load out (he played guitar for her) and I gave him my info for if he needs a drummer for a session... so hopefully something comes if that (he also came up to me to tell me he liked the way I played at another cd release party that we opened for)

9. Registered User

But yet when my band went up to play the "after party" portion of the night, I all the sudden had my line level xlr for my in ears. That's all he had to do before because the guy was running a presonus AI board that I have the app to control my monitor mix. He didn't have to do anything other than give me cable.... but apparently that was too complicated earlier in the night? I was glad that phil and his wife were there as well as my wife, but I feel terrible that they paid $15 each to sit through that God awful event. At least my band sounded good from what phil told me. And I got on the good side of the producer of my aunts album that night by helping him load out (he played guitar for her) and I gave him my info for if he needs a drummer for a session... so hopefully something comes if that (he also came up to me to tell me he liked the way I played at another cd release party that we opened for)
    ah that simple huh? Wow ok maybe he was stressed out and didn't want to hold up the show anymore. At least he had it for the after party. It never hurts to kiss a little to someone who may get you some gigs down the road!

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jdtdrums View Post
    ah that simple huh? Wow ok maybe he was stressed out and didn't want to hold up the show anymore. At least he had it for the after party. It never hurts to kiss a little to someone who may get you some gigs down the road!
    He may have been stressed, but he's a ****** sound guy lol. I'm pretty sure I'm still on his good side. I was talking to him afterwards. I always try to make friends with the sound guys at shows.

11. Registered User

Thanks Tim! When is your first gig? I seen it on Facebook but I forget lol. And let me k ow if you guys make it out toward Pittsburgh for any gigs and I'll try to make it.
    Sounds good! Will do! I'm catching up on this thread now. It went really well! The crowd seemed to enjoy it so that's good. We also got a few offers for upcoming gigs.

I attached our first setlist. We added Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and that went over really well!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG1989 View Post
    Sounds good! Will do! I'm catching up on this thread now. It went really well! The crowd seemed to enjoy it so that's good. We also got a few offers for upcoming gigs. I attached our first setlist. We added Crazy by Gnarls Barkley and that went over really well!
    Cool man, glad it went well. I actually know a few of those songs just by the song title lol (I probably know more of them to hear them). I'm really terrible at that, I even forget the name of some of the songs we play

It's good you got some gigs out of it too. We're going to take a break and all this month to work on the john Edwards band album