Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

If your gonna play 12 songs in a set. Do 9 in a row. Talk to the audience for 1 min and play the last three.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    We always use setlist, the bassist makes them & puts a little doodle on them that relates to the show usually. We've made it a rule that only he talks since he's the singer. We never cared for the conversation on stage...sounds unprofessional IMO. As far as count off....we've adjusted to a single ping on the ride bell....one ping & we start. There are a few songs that get a count off but with practice we pretty much use the ping. I like the fact the the song just starts....no audible counting.
    In playing to a click most times and only I get the click hence the count off. I notated who starts each song so I can count it off just to them as opposed a stick click or hi hat count or what not.

I'm going to start working out specific fills to start each song that either I start or the whole band starts.... no counting at all, just a 1 bar fill or half bar.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    If your gonna play 12 songs in a set. Do 9 in a row. Talk to the audience for 1 min and play the last three.
    Out fist set has 2 songs then an awkward guitar change so jim is going to address the crowd then to kill the dead space. Then it will be 9 songs in a row that I'm going to try to go back to back with minimal down time. Then a guitar change again for 2 more songs.

We'll see how it goes lol

4. Registered User

All set up and ready to go with 1/2 hour to spare

Name:  image-244747096.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  104.6 KB Name:  image-3855768802.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  108.6 KB Name:  image-1357399968.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  97.4 KB

5. There can be only 1

How was the gig?

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    How was the gig?
    For some reason we forgot to do a sound check and had a rough first set. People said we sounded good, but it just didn't feel great. Second and third set went well. I think I caught the band off guard a couple times with the count ins, but they will learn lol. We still had a couple slow starts but it was better.

7. Registered User

So here is the full band/act schedule for this weekend. It's pretty cool that both of my bands ended up being back to back (last 2 bands on Saturday) so now I only have to set my kit up once other than a snare change and a kick reso logo head swap.

This should be fun, I offered to be a "drum tech" for the day too to help make switches faster and I also decided to lend my drum riser for everyone to use. It should help if feel a little more professional for when the news crew is recording.
    Attached Images Attached Images