Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Thanks Tim. I used a few different things for the first one which is why it ended up a bit blurry... apparently you can only transfer it so many times before it looks pixelated lol. I used poster my wall for the second one, and I am working on another one for a valentines party.

The white box thing is a pretty good idea. Though I had staples print 25 of the first one and it only cost me about $20 which isn't too bad. But now my mother printed me the second design. She is the head secretary of my township, so she said she'd print some for me which is cool. So I won't have to worry about hand writing them, which to me makes them look FAR better. But I still really like that Idea and I might use it as a back up if I forget to get some made LOL.

2. Registered User

Not a bad plan at all! Free printing is good printing!

I won't lie, I'd rather come up with a new design and all details on every gig, but it's nice to have extras laying around to avoid running to the print shop and be lazy!

How's your year shaping up on the band front? Booking fast? Who does your booking?
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG1989 View Post
    Not a bad plan at all! Free printing is good printing! I won't lie, I'd rather come up with a new design and all details on every gig, but it's nice to have extras laying around to avoid running to the print shop and be lazy! How's your year shaping up on the band front? Booking fast? Who does your booking?
    This year, pretty much just me and my guitar player Jim have been doing the booking.

I'm pretty sure I am going to make up some generics for spur of the moment gigs or when I'm lazy LOL

And so far just what is on the first page is what we have. Aside from a battle of the bands in March (waiting for details) eastliverpools got talent will be sometime in August, and I know the john Edwards Band will be playing new Cumberland river fest when they choose a date.

How's it looking for Calling off doug?

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    This year, pretty much just me and my guitar player Jim have been doing the booking. I'm pretty sure I am going to make up some generics for spur of the moment gigs or when I'm lazy LOL And so far just what is on the first page is what we have. Aside from a battle of the bands in March (waiting for details) eastliverpools got talent will be sometime in August, and I know the john Edwards Band will be playing new Cumberland river fest when they choose a date. How's it looking for Calling off doug?
    We have 4 as of now from January through March. We only have 2 shows (a one hour set and a 3 hour gig) under our belt so far so we are still getting our press materials together for our booking info. Hopefully after these four we will get enough video/audio/pictures to complete everything so we can hit the booking hard for the April-October months!
    Pearl Professional DLX - 8,10,12,13,16,22 Wine Red
    Pearl MMX - 10, 12, 14, 16, 22 Diamond Burst
    Tama Starclassic B/B - 12, 14, 16, 20 Shattered Turquoise

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG1989 View Post
    We have 4 as of now from January through March. We only have 2 shows (a one hour set and a 3 hour gig) under our belt so far so we are still getting our press materials together for our booking info. Hopefully after these four we will get enough video/audio/pictures to complete everything so we can hit the booking hard for the April-October months!
    sweet!

we've been gigging for about 6 or 7 years now and are just now getting into actual promotion stuff. We did really well for word of mouth though through that time as we would normally have a 3 hr gig about every 3 weeks. We don't want to do more than that as I don't think we could handle it, but we're trying to get out of always playing dive bars now.

6. Registered User

Just finished this yesterday for next month

Name:  image-2565831125.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  107.6 KB

7. Registered User

Gig tonight at the mousetrap. First time there, I hope we make a good impression.

This is going to be my setup for tonight plus my 14" floor.

Name:  image-3254078850.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  101.3 KB

8. Registered User

Last night was the best gig we've had in a while. What a great night! We got so many compliments and I actually have about 5 or 6 people come up to me to tell me how much they enjoyed my drumming.

They put me behind a shield last night and close mic'd me, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Name:  image-2258617654.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  137.3 KB Name:  image-2801965546.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  120.3 KB Name:  image-48081596.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  73.4 KB