Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 20
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    1,242

    Default 2 new short Pearl cymbal holders

    Awesome! Now we have the:

    CH830s
    CH930s
    CH1030s

    The new 930s and 1030s are things I've been wanting from Pearl for the longest. Now if we could just get a dogbone!

    Wonder when they're available?

    Pics from Instagram:
    https://instagram.com/p/BUfj0cQAJWC/
    https://instagram.com/p/BUVkh4KA4Vt/
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

    "Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,508

    Default

    Those are pretty! Need more - want more! Crave more gear!!!

  3. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    776

    Default

    I'd quite like an update on the CH-70, with the nicer tilters in the 930 and 1030 ranges.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  4. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aizo View Post
    Awesome! Now we have the:

    CH830s
    CH930s
    CH1030s

    The new 930s and 1030s are things I've been wanting from Pearl for the longest. Now if we could just get a dogbone!

    Wonder when they're available?
    They've been available as long as pipe cutters have been available at Home Depot, so for a long time

    They finally decided to copy what I was doing with CH-1000 booms for almost 10 years.

    Name:  splashes.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  131.0 KB

    Name:  racktomsclose.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  108.5 KB

    What's next? A shortened X-Hat? Wait...

    Name:  clh1000closeup.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  136.4 KB
    Last edited by Drumming-4-Life; 05-25-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  5. Joinery apprentice

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    B.C. CANADA
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Those 930's are awesome, won a couple off them at a clinic a few years back.

  6. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    I just got a ch1030s yesterday and am expecting my CHB830 tomorrow. The idea is to pop the clamp off the bottom of the L-rod mounted arm and put it on the 1030s bottom, assuming both pipe diameters are the same. Then I have a custom CHB1030(!). Just not sure which kick to install it on...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tasty808; 05-26-2017 at 02:04 AM.

  7. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    I have to mention that I'm very pleased at Pearls decision to finally add hinges to the rest of their memory locks. Gone are the days of struggling to remove those old locks that were EXACTLY the same size as the pipes.

    As an added bonus, the rubber washer on the drum-key operated screw stops it from falling out when you open it all the way up. And since there's not a separate nut (the receiving side is threaded) you don't have a bunch of pieces falling all over. This is nice for those times you have everything set up but forgot to use a memory lock...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tasty808; 05-26-2017 at 03:36 AM.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    This is nice for those times you have everything set up but forgot to use a memory lock...
    Ha!
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    I have to mention that I'm very pleased at Pearls decision to finally add hinges to the rest of their memory locks.
    Oh, sweet!

    @Matt: I'll save the pipe cutter for the drum rack (as soon as I get space to put my whole drum set up)
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

    "Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

  10. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Update:

    Got the kick drum mounted cymbal arm today. It's pretty sweet. Very simple. The plan was to pop the clamp off the bottom of the provided arm and slip it on the new 1030. That way I could just cap the bottom of the 830(?) and use it as a short boom... it didn't really go down like that. I absolutely destroyed the arm trying to remove the clamp. Oh well, the end result is exactly what I was shooting for!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Tasty808; 05-28-2017 at 06:40 AM.

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aizo View Post
    @Matt: I'll save the pipe cutter for the drum rack (as soon as I get space to put my whole drum set up)
    Can't wait to see that!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    They've been available as long as pipe cutters have been available at Home Depot, so for a long time

    They finally decided to copy what I was doing with CH-1000 booms for almost 10 years.

    Name:  splashes.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  131.0 KB

    Name:  racktomsclose.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  108.5 KB

    What's next? A shortened X-Hat? Wait...

    Name:  clh1000closeup.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  136.4 KB

    I just want to ask for your permission to take that drumset out on a date, propose, marry it, move into an apartment in the city and beat it every day and night.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •