Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Registered User

You ever rented a Uhaul before?

I had to get one once for business while my cargo trailer was being repaired, and I was absolutely surprised how easy it was to get.
    Like, you're not gonna ask me what I plan on doing with it?
    Do you not care that I've never driven a 15ft box truck before?
    Nah, just keep it clean and make sure it has the same amount of gas as when you got it.

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    You ever rented a Uhaul before?

I had to get one once for business while my cargo trailer was being repaired, and I was absolutely surprised how easy it was to get.
    Like, you're not gonna ask me what I plan on doing with it?
    Do you not care that I've never driven a 15ft box truck before?
    Nah, just keep it clean and make sure it has the same amount of gas as when you got it.
    Yep, I've used all different-sized U-Haul vehicles. I'm not surprised that there is no guidance or supervision on a cargo van or 15-ft box truck. However, years ago, I rented a 26' truck for a big move, and I remember thinking to myself "shouldn't I have been trained to drive a vehicle like this?" It was very difficult for me to maneuver, since I never drove a vehicle that size.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

3. bangin since '95

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thanks Lonny! I'm so beat from moving to the new house, painting, and moving the drums here... I have no choice but to take my time. I'm hoping to have the bass drums and snare set up within this next week. Heads and other accessories are on the way.

Hoshino USA (Tama Drums and Ibanez Guitars) is in Bensalem, PA.

The bubinga is a great wood for drums. It sounds similar to mahogany, deep, warm, and rich. It's a shame Tama will eventually discontinue Starclassic B and B/B, but I'm excited to see what they come up with to replace it.

That's a good thing, when your toms sound so good, they keep you at the kit.
    First of all, Congrats on those sexy Starclassics. I still can't believe how good mine sound.

Second, I don't think this is going to keep Tama from making the Bubinga kits. They only listed 3 species of Bubinga as the ones being regulated, and I think that was more to keep "guys cutting down trees" away. It's more of Rosewood as an umbrella term I guess. If you look at the Guru Drums site, or even DW, they quite a few woods that are on CITES Endangered List, and they probably just have to more paperwork, or they'll likely use another variant of it. So fingers crossed on that.

That being said, I should probably assume it's doomsday and order the 14" floor tom I need.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by LeftySlammer92 View Post
    First of all, Congrats on those sexy Starclassics. I still can't believe how good mine sound.

Second, I don't think this is going to keep Tama from making the Bubinga kits. They only listed 3 species of Bubinga as the ones being regulated, and I think that was more to keep "guys cutting down trees" away. It's more of Rosewood as an umbrella term I guess. If you look at the Guru Drums site, or even DW, they quite a few woods that are on CITES Endangered List, and they probably just have to more paperwork, or they'll likely use another variant of it. So fingers crossed on that.

That being said, I should probably assume it's doomsday and order the 14" floor tom I need.
    Thank you! I would order your floor tom ASAP.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

5. Playing since 1976

Default Kick Drums...

So here are a couple quick shots of the kick drums. I'm waiting on heads. I'm going with clear Powerstroke Pro batters, and the stock Starclassic resonant heads, ported. I'm going to cut 3-4" holes using that special cutter. For now, I'm not going to add bass drum o's or anything like that.

The fit and finish is flawless. They did a wonderful job on the hoops. The satin finish really shows off both the bubinga and cordia.

Name:  bassdrumshellsmall.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  154.9 KB

Name:  bassdrumshellsmall2.jpg
Size:  152.9 KB

Name:  insidebassdrumsmall.jpg
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  hoopsmall.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  65.5 KB

6. Drumming Since 1943

Wow Matt. What size are the kicks?
    Pearl Masters Studio BRX Millennium Mist Artist
    10x8, 12x9, 14x11, 16x13. 16x16, 18x22, 18x22, Eric Singer Sig Snare, MMX 14x5 Snare, 6x12 & 6x15 Rocket Toms
    Pearl Hardware and DW 5000 double pedals

7. Registered User

I'm extremely excited about this kit and rack. The Tama rack system looks sweet. I didn't realize they made so many upgrades.

Did you hit the 13" floor tom?