Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Registered User

Surprised the badges aren't more centered. Looking good though. The satin finish certainly looks nice.

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Honestly, I'm shocked that you didn't have this entire kit planned out down to the last bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    It's tough to do with Racks. The way the hardware and drums and angles play out is tough to predict. I think he's got a good idea, but I also think there is unexpected challenges that come up and you just need more hardware. The finish on the kit looks awesome so far though.
    What Gord said. I've never worked with this kind of rack before. It's not the same as Gibraltar or Pearl. Hopefully it will work out well.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Surprised the badges aren't more centered. Looking good though. The satin finish certainly looks nice.
    Do you mean that they're so close to the vent/batter side of the shell?
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Do you mean that they're so close to the vent/batter side of the shell?
    Yeah, mine are centered although I have the metal badges and I thought when the Bubinga Elites were still a thing, their badges were centered as well (they were the decal ones). Not a knock on the drums at all, just seems odd with the placement.

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    Wow!!!!! gorgeous.
    Thank you! Tama exceeded my expectations on this build.

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by drumfreek005 View Post
    Yeah, mine are centered although I have the metal badges and I thought when the Bubinga Elites were still a thing, their badges were centered as well (they were the decal ones). Not a knock on the drums at all, just seems odd with the placement.
    I notice that the badges are consistently favoring the batter edges. When I have a moment, I will take a pic of all the concert toms to show you what I mean.

7. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Absolutely gorgeous- a beauty, Matt!
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

| TAMA STARCLASSIC MAPLE | SABIAN & MEINL CYMBALS |

KCCO

8. Away From The World

Awe inspiring Matt, looking forward to full set up pics!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrum View Post
    Did you hit the 13" floor tom?
    Only with my finger. It has a nice tone and resonance. My sticks are still packed in a box somewhere. I just moved. I make a little progress each day.

Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous- a beauty, Matt!
    Thank you Michael! I'm glad to see you around. I hope things are going well for you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Awe inspiring Matt, looking forward to full set up pics!
    Thanks Mike. So far, everything has turned out really nice.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    What Gord said. I've never worked with this kind of rack before. It's not the same as Gibraltar or Pearl. Hopefully it will work out well.
    Totally understand. I managed to do mine completely sight unseen, but it was not anywhere near as large or complex as something like this...
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN