Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899
Results 1,177 to 1,188 of 1188
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Matt, The bass drum mic mounts came out great! I really like the look. From the photos, your grinding job looks great. You could always buy some small rubber caps at Home Depot if it bothers you.
    Thanks Marv! I'm fine with the rounded ends. They are all over the kit. Almost every boom on the kit has been trimmed.
    Anyone who owns a 14x6.5 Reference Snare OR a 14x5.5/6.5 Masters Premium Snare AND is interested in trading their chrome hardware for black hardware, PM me!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

2. The Hardware Guy

^ Random
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    ^ Random
    So... when ya coming back this way mate?
    Way Too Much Crap

4. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    So... when ya coming back this way mate?
    Not sure yet, but I definitely want too. Been way too long since I was out that way. Air fare isn't as cheap as it used to be though! Fingers crossed it'll be within the next couple years, if new work plans pan out how I hope they might
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

5. Drumming Since 1943

Not sure yet, but I definitely want too. Been way too long since I was out that way. Air fare isn't as cheap as it used to be though! Fingers crossed it'll be within the next couple years, if new work plans pan out how I hope they might
    Let me know. GOTTA hang this time.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. The Hardware Guy

Yessir
    PICSPICS 2

7. Playing since 1976

Overheads arrived yesterday. They look really well-made. I hope to mount them to the kit tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. This is what I chose.

Anyone who owns a 14x6.5 Reference Snare OR a 14x5.5/6.5 Masters Premium Snare AND is interested in trading their chrome hardware for black hardware, PM me!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Experienced Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Overheads arrived yesterday. They look really well-made. I hope to mount them to the kit tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. This is what I chose.

I've read good things about that mic. It should sound great for you. I've been on a bit of a value mic kick lately. I just bought an Aston Origin for vocal & acoustic guitar overdubs in my mixing room & am really impressed with it. It really is a golden age for affordable high quality sounding mics.

9. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Been way too long since I was out that way. Air fare isn't as cheap as it used to be though!
    wat

In the years that I've been travelling, airfare has only gotten cheaper over time. What used to be nearly a $1000 roundtrip between Toronto and London is now $500-$600.

Much fewer amenities are included, however.

10. The Hardware Guy

Must be cheaper the other way. When I used to go out to NJ/NY I was paying as little as £270 return, more commonly around £350-£400. Last time I looked it up, a year ago or there abouts, it was about £800/£900
    PICSPICS 2

11. Registered User

The cheaper new mics are intriguing, but I'm scared that if later on I decide I don't like them, they won't have any value when it comes to sell them.

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    The cheaper new mics are intriguing, but I'm scared that if later on I decide I don't like them, they won't have any value when it comes to sell them.
    The sE X1S is definitely affordable, but are apparently better than their price tag would lead you to believe. I was ready to buy AT LDCs, but two different dealers recommended that I get these. The place I bought them from didn't even have them in stock, but had the Audio Technicas... so they weren't looking for the easier sale.

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE