Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pearl Midtown - new in the arsenal

I recently was looking for a kit that would be easier to carry (lighter load) and still would look good and most importantly would sound good as well. Gigging a couple of times a week, often in small venues, A smaller kit was needed. After doing my homework, I got the Midtown. In a nutshell, "Wow"!! And all I got from fellow musicians were compliments on the sound and looks. Thanks Pearl!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by laurent View Post
    I recently was looking for a kit that would be easier to carry (lighter load) and still would look good and most importantly would sound good as well. Gigging a couple of times a week, often in small venues, A smaller kit was needed. After doing my homework, I got the Midtown. In a nutshell, "Wow"!! And all I got from fellow musicians were compliments on the sound and looks. Thanks Pearl!!
    These little kits intrigue me.

Are you using a cajon for a throne?

3. Registered User

To coin a phrase... " That looks like fun to play!"

But seriously, I've looked into them. All I've ever heard was positive things on the Pearl kit. Someone on here did a review or shared a review.

I think it was CompactDrums. Between the Pearl- Ludwig & what have you.

I thought of selling my Sessions kit because it just stays bagged now that I have the MCX.

Congrats on the kit. Looks great!!!

4. Registered User

I actually use a cajon as a throne, depending on the gig.

5. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I actually use a cajon as a throne, depending on the gig.
    its a really good idea, I would consider it if my home made cajon was a bit more comfortable lol.... maybe when I get a real one I will try it out for a jam setting or something like that.

6. Thwunk

Cool! I've been curious about these too, good to hear you like em. they look really good
    HHX & 70s Zildjian New Beat hats, K crashes, Bosphorus & Agop rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 6.5x14 & 5.5x14 / Ludwig Classic Maple 8x14, LB402B (COB Supraphonic 6.5x14), Acrolite 5x14
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (plum lacquer)

7. life start at 125bpm

welcome on the forum my friend. long time PDF'er from morin heights (near st sauveur) here.

you'll love this pearl series. a 16 '' BD is for sure easier to fit in the car than a 22 haha. how do you like the BD's riser ? is it quite stable ?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    welcome on the forum my friend. long time PDF'er from morin heights (near st sauveur) here. you'll love this pearl series. a 16 '' BD is for sure easier to fit in the car than a 22 haha. how do you like the BD's riser ? is it quite stable
    ?
    actually, surprisingly stable. In fact, from behind the kit, you hardly realize how that it a 16" kick

9. life start at 125bpm

for cocktails, weddings and small venues the mid town series seems like the perfect sized kit. kit's foot print looks small on your pic.

do you get to play in the city mostly?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

10. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

Glad you're using the Midtown Series kit...

Making sure you know about our Tall Boy Cajon which is 21" tall (versus the usual 19") making it better to use as a drumset throne.
    Attached Images Attached Images