Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. "One, please."

Default My Dad's Tama Crestars

These are my dad's Crestars. They're 8-ply birch and I think this is the heather metallic lacquer. I don't know how well the color comes across in these photos but I'm told they're a pretty striking lavender in person. I'm colorblind so they look kind of gray to me. They weigh a ton and they're loud as hell. He got these new in the mid to late '80s. There's a matching 14x6.5 snare with tube lugs but I didn't get a picture of it.

10, 12, 13, 16, 22, 14x6.5 Pearl Brass Free Floater

Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 04-17-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    "Hello. Hi, um, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of.

I'd like some welfare, please."

2. "One, please."

They're trying to sell their house right now so the carpet is brand new and the room is staged. Normally there would be a ton of extra hardware and drums laying around.

"Hello. Hi, um, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of.

3. There can be only 1

Awesome!!!!

Yes it's lavender, I like the color.

4. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Dayum, that's truly a kit of the '80s. A nice pair of kits for sure!

5. "One, please."

Thanks, guys. They were a surprise from his parents, and the way I remember the story is they bought the most expensive kit the music shop had at the time. I think he kind of resented that and has never been thrilled with them. I love them because they're the set I grew up playing. He's talked about selling them lately but I don't think he would...

6. Registered User

Nice kit & unique finish. The only thing I'd change are the logos on the heads are all over the place. . Top and center please!

7. Experienced Noob

That is quite the unusual color. It works on that kit, though. I'd have sworn that was a 20" kick. Those power toms threw my perspective off, I guess. Hopefully your Dad doesn't sell them because he'll likely never get another kit like it in that kind of shape again. Thanks for sharing.

8. Registered User

Heather Metallic. Love that color. I remember the Modern Drummer issue with the Tama Crestars with Randy Castillo ad. Back then, it was out of my price range but I cut the ad out and put it on the wall along with a bunch of other ads and catalogs. The name Crestar wasn't around all that long as Tama changed to Granstar Custom for the series.

9. gotta call.....

i concur with bostic ....that is heather metallic ,,, when a friend of mine sold his 3up 1 down double bass kit ,he tried to get me to buy it cause that's what i run ,,,i was VERY tempted....
    he used to hate me for digging on his " pink" kit ..lol
    but that kit had so much more going for it ...and there's always wrap ..lol

10. Banned

cool kit but that set up looks weird.

11. A Passion Play ...

Such a sweet rig.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Icon 501. Masters MCX Chestnut Fade
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...