Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Where are they made, finished, and assembled?

Where are the MMR shells manufactured (Country of origin)?

If someone selects a lacquer finish as shown in the 2017 catalog for the MMR series, where are the drums finished and assembled?

If someone selects a lacquer finish other than what is shown in the 2017 catalog for the MMR series, where would the drums be finished and assembled?

2. Registered User

Taiwan.
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

3. Registered User

I thought they were made in Taiwan but on the Masterworks badge it says "Hand Made in Japan." So the shells are made in Taiwan and finished in Taiwan if it's MMR but shipped to Japan and finished in Japan if Masterworks?

4. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JGthatsme View Post
    I thought they were made in Taiwan but on the Masterworks badge it says "Hand Made in Japan." So the shells are made in Taiwan and finished in Taiwan if it's MMR but shipped to Japan and finished in Japan if Masterworks?
    You must have been looking at an old Masterworks badge. Masterworks drums have been made in Taiwan for quite some time now.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quoted from the almighty HOOK from Pearl years ago ...

"All of our Masterworks drums are made in Taiwan at our Masterworks facility. The Masterworks facility used to be in Japan, but a newer, more advanced factory was built in Taiwan a few years ago to craft the Masterworks line of drums to keep up with the growing demand.There isn't a Japanese market only factory. Our factories cover all markets, so there isn't any one exclusive factory for any country. The Masterworks produced in Taiwan is the only Masterworks facility we have."
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

6. Registered User

If you go Pearl's home page, the first picture/ad is for the Masterworks Sonic-Select Shell Recipes. The badge clearly states "Hand Made In Japan" in red print on the bottom right. I don't think that's an old Masterworks badge.

Name:  2017-MW2w898h378.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  85.5 KB

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JGthatsme View Post
    If you go Pearl's home page, the first picture/ad is for the Masterworks Sonic-Select Shell Recipes. The badge clearly states "Hand Made In Japan" in red print on the bottom right. I don't think that's an old Masterworks badge.

Name:  2017-MW2w898h378.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  85.5 KB
    Yes, it's an old badge, and an oversight by Pearl's marketing department. All of my Masterworks drums say "Made in Taiwan" both on the badge and on the shell label.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Yes, it's an old badge, and an oversight by Pearl's marketing department. All of my Masterworks drums say "Made in Taiwan" both on the badge and on the shell label.
    Seems to be.
    Pretty sad.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN