Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

I've been contemplating selling off my MCX kit and going with a MCC- Ref. Pure kit or MRV kit, haven't decided which one yet... I happen to run across this new MRV kit on Ebay today and noticed the snare has the STL tube lugs as opposed to the masters bridge lugs as is on the rest of the kit, the badge on the snare obviously states 'masters', I'm curious if this was a custom drum or are these STL lugs also available on the MRV kits??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Master88; 04-04-2017 at 01:32 PM.

2. Registered User

A little closer look

3. life start at 125bpm

i don't know myself, but i find those lugs very ,very nice. i can see a whole kit sporting those lugs.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i guess the MCC series is available either in the ''regular''' reference specs, OR in ref pure specs right ?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i don't know myself, but i find those lugs very ,very nice. i can see a whole kit sporting those lugs. correct me if i'm wrong, but i guess the MCC series is available either in the ''regular''' reference specs, OR in ref pure specs right ?
    Yes, either in Reference, reference pure or Masters maple reserve. My question is can the STL tube lugs that are standard on Ref. Pure be ordered on the Maple reserve kit, as this snare has...these are being sold as new drums so I doubt any owner upgraded the lugs.... ??

5. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    I've been contemplating selling off my MCX kit and going with a MCC- Ref. Pure kit or MRV kit, haven't decided which one yet... I happen to run across this new MRV kit on Ebay today and noticed the snare has the STL tube lugs as opposed to the masters bridge lugs as is on the rest of the kit, the badge on the snare obviously states 'masters', I'm curious if this was a custom drum or are these STL lugs also available on the MRV kits??
    those lugs were on all Masters Premium snare drums too so I guess they decided to keep them on the reserves as well since it is a higher end line much like the premiums but with a nicer price tag.

6. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    those lugs were on all Masters Premium snare drums too so I guess they decided to keep them on the reserves as well since it is a higher end line much like the premiums but with a nicer price tag.
    This is correct. They are standard on the "Reserve" line of snare drums.

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    A little closer look
    The snare drums only for Masters Maple Reserve (MRV) have STL lugs (not the MRV shell packs).

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    The snare drums only for Masters Maple Reserve (MRV) have STL lugs (not the MRV shell packs).
    Ok, this answers my question.. Thanks for the replies!

9. Pearl Corporation USA

My Buddy's Music City Custom MRV Masters Reserve 14x6.5 4-ply maple snare in Vintage Gold Sparkle. He said its the nicest sounding wood snare he's ever owned.