Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Johnbe

Default Reference Snare Cords

I need to replace the snare cords on my Reference Snare. I ordered a 6-pack of cords, SNC 40/6. I was surprised t see that they are about 1/3 the diameter of the cords that came with my snare drum. Any suggestions from Reference Snare owners who've needed to replace the cords?
    PEARL Reference Series in Red Glass: 24 x 18 Kicks (2) / 14 x 6.5 wood Snare / 12 x 9, 13 x 10, 14 x 11, 15 x 12 Rack Toms / 16 x 16 & 18 x 16 Floor Toms
    15 cymbals Zildjian and Sabian / Pearl and Tama hardware.

2. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by johnbe View Post
    I need to replace the snare cords on my Reference Snare. I ordered a 6-pack of cords, SNC 40/6. I was surprised t see that they are about 1/3 the diameter of the cords that came with my snare drum. Any suggestions from Reference Snare owners who've needed to replace the cords?
    I use the plastic strips coming with puresound wires. I like the fact the plastic don't stretch over time.

Name:  DSC03973.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  46.4 KB
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

3. Registered User

Grosgrain ribbon from a fabric/craft store. Cheap, super durable, and you can get it in different colors.

4. Johnbe

Quote Originally Posted by johnbe View Post
    Many great suggestions here. I found a solution for cord replacement. My wife was re-stringing our blinds and I noticed the spool of cord she was using. I was surprised to see it is the very same material that Pearl uses for it's snare cords.
    PEARL Reference Series in Red Glass: 24 x 18 Kicks (2) / 14 x 6.5 wood Snare / 12 x 9, 13 x 10, 14 x 11, 15 x 12 Rack Toms / 16 x 16 & 18 x 16 Floor Toms
    15 cymbals Zildjian and Sabian / Pearl and Tama hardware.