Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Midtown questions

Looking at getting a midtown kit but need help with the following -
    • Looking to use a DW 9000 kick pedal. Will this be cool with the Midtown kick. I know there's a cut out to allow for the pedal chain, just want to make sure the DW 9000 will work.
    • Will the floor tom, snare & rack tom kit in a Hardcase 13/13" combo tom case.

Thanks for viewing

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by micksta View Post
    Looking at getting a midtown kit but need help with the following -
    • Looking to use a DW 9000 kick pedal. Will this be cool with the Midtown kick. I know there's a cut out to allow for the pedal chain, just want to make sure the DW 9000 will work.
    • Will the floor tom, snare & rack tom kit in a Hardcase 13/13" combo tom case.

Thanks for viewing
    Hi,

Yes, the DW9000 pedal will work fine.

However, I doubt the drums will fit in the 13/13 hard case because the total depth of the 3 Midtown drums is about 25 inches (stacked). Assuming you would use a couple of dividers when stacking the drums in the case, you might need a couple more inches.

I have a Masterworks version of the Midtown kit and I use a cylindrical tumba bag (which is about 28" deep) to fit the 3 drums along with 2 dividers. See photo below (which I took before unloading the kit at a gig last summer).

MM

Name:  071016 MW Midtown 1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  61.4 KB
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT