Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Very nice... yes the Matte Walnut is a beautiful finish. Al is the best. I'm sure they'd let you play the current bass drum while the size you originally ordered is being made. Have you talked to Al about that? Or are you liking the 22" kick?
    I haven't brought it up, mostly because I'm really liking the 22" kick. My main reason for ordering the 20" was tom mounting height, and it hasn't been an issue at all, so I'm happy as is. They got the tom sizes right and that's my main concern, plus the finish on all the drums arrived in perfect condition.

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by medium View Post
    I haven't brought it up, mostly because I'm really liking the 22" kick. My main reason for ordering the 20" was tom mounting height, and it hasn't been an issue at all, so I'm happy as is. They got the tom sizes right and that's my main concern, plus the finish on all the drums arrived in perfect condition.
    From your photos, it doesn't look like the additional height of the kick drum is interfering with you setting up the toms nicely, UNLESS you wanted to arrange your toms in a similar way, over top of your kick. I bet the kick sounds great, and congratulations on getting such a nice kit.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Pearl Masters Drummer

Love the kit! Congrats and thank you for sharing the pics!

4. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by medium View Post
    How did you tune your kick drum and what heads are you running?

5. Registered User

Drool.. That is a beauty

6. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    You just ordered my dream kit! I've been thinking of selling off my 8 piece MCX kit and placing an order for an MRV kit but I just can't seem to let this masters kit go, it sounds so good. Welcome to PDF and congrats on your new kit coming.. They're the best sounding shells Pearl ever made in my opinion!
    Don't let that masters kit go. I let 2 of my masters mct go for a DW Collectors Birch kit, and I have nothing but regret over the deal. Thank God I kept my matte black masters complete kit as they sound killer and play way above their price tag. I think the Pearl Masters Kits are the best build drum sets out there today. I just wish they kept more stock in the US to cut down the lead time.

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Don't let that masters kit go. I let 2 of my masters mct go for a DW Collectors Birch kit, and I have nothing but regret over the deal. Thank God I kept my matte black masters complete kit as they sound killer and play way above their price tag. I think the Pearl Masters Kits are the best build drum sets out there today. I just wish they kept more stock in the US to cut down the lead time.
    I don't understand it man........you had three of the same kit, then traded two for a completely different kit. Why the regret? Masters drums are nice, but I don't think they're nice enough to warrant having three kits of the same series.

8. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I don't understand it man........you had three of the same kit, then traded two for a completely different kit. Why the regret? Masters drums are nice, but I don't think they're nice enough to warrant having three kits of the same series.
    Because my masters maple complete kits sounded light years better than the DW collectors birch kit that I traded them in for. At a fraction of the cost.

9. Registered User

Because my masters maple complete kits sounded light years better than the DW collectors birch kit that I traded them in for. At a fraction of the cost.
    That's cool, but you still own one. Why have three of the same series? I'll agree that for what you spent on the DW's you could've probably had an MRV or Reference kit, but even that would make more sense than holding three MCT kits.

10. Playing since 1976

How would you even know this for sure, when you never set drums up with cymbals, pedals, and a throne? If you do actually set full kits up and play, why not snap a pic the next time this happens?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    How would you even know this for sure, when you never set drums up with cymbals, pedals, and a throne? If you do actually set full kits up and play, why not snap a pic the next time this happens?
    My Masters maple complete kit is set up in my practice space with pedals/cymbals and a throne. I don't need to prove it to you with pictures,

12. CUZNRED

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    That's cool, but you still own one. Why have three of the same series? I'll agree that for what you spent on the DW's you could've probably had an MRV or Reference kit, but even that would make more sense than holding three MCT kits.
    Regret sucks, but I would rather have my 3 mct kits back instead of the DW. I also like the Mrv kits, but what I really want is a maple / mahogany masterworks kit in walnut lacquer. I think the masterworks would be even more than a DW, but a way better set of drums.