Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Thanks! I was originally going to have them re-do but I took it home and played it for a week and really loved the sound of the 22. It doesn't have as much of a sharply articulated punch as a smaller drum would, but its tone is absolutely beautiful so I'm happy.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    Wow. I really like this.
    Did you score a discount at all? You should have!!??
    Thanks Matt. Better lighting would translate to some nicer pictures. They don't leave home too often but maybe next time I'm in a nicely lit venue I will get a few pictures there.

No discount, likely because I didn't push hard enough. Honestly, I got the BD home, set it up and played and was completely satisfied, so it really didn't matter that much to me. I mainly ordered the 20" diameter to assist with tom configuration, but it has turned out to be a non-issue.

3. A Passion Play ...

Beautiful kit. Any pictures from your Sabian tour ?
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Away From The World

Yes sweet kit, and great cymbals to complete the set!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Beautiful kit. Any pictures from your Sabian tour ?
    Thank you Eric. No pictures whatsoever as I was on an electronics de-tox for my vacation. I work in telecommunications and I have to have my phone with me every waking hour except for vacation time, so I intentionally left all electronics behind most days on my vacation.

The factory itself is spread over 2 buildings, with initial casting and oven stuff happening in one building, and tempering, lathing, hammering, and buffing happening in another. The Vault is incredible, as are the people who work in it. I tried 10+ rides and 15+ crashes over the course of an hour and the guy who helped me was fantastic. Everyone took time to chat a bit about what they were doing as the tour went through. Highly recommend if you find yourself in New Brunswick.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Yes sweet kit, and great cymbals to complete the set!
    Thanks Kiwi. I've been slowly phasing out my brighter Sabians in favour of darker, thinner stuff with more hand hammering as my tastes change. I got the two HHs during my factory trip, and they're phenomenal. My experience with Sabian's hhx and Artisan lines gave me a good baseline of what to expect, but the HHs (in particular the Vintage Ride that I got) blew me away.

7. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by medium View Post
    Thanks Kiwi. I've been slowly phasing out my brighter Sabians in favour of darker, thinner stuff with more hand hammering as my tastes change. I got the two HHs during my factory trip, and they're phenomenal. My experience with Sabian's hhx and Artisan lines gave me a good baseline of what to expect, but the HHs (in particular the Vintage Ride that I got) blew me away.
    Good tastes.. though I have a mix of ranges I have grown fonder of HHX and I like the Artisan sound though I don't own any. Still maturing into more HH..

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Good tastes.. though I have a mix of ranges I have grown fonder of HHX and I like the Artisan sound though I don't own any. Still maturing into more HH..
    My HHX experience is still relatively limited (only a 7" Evo Splash and 17" X-treme crash) but the Artisan hats I have are simply the best set of hats I have ever played or heard. I played the Artisan rides in the Vault (light 20/22, medium 20/22) but they were washier than the HH Vintage, and I was going for something with slightly less wash that could speak a bit better through a larger ensemble without micing.

9. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by medium View Post
    I love this kit! My favorite finish of all time. I wish this was available in the MCT line
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Yamaha Live Oak Amber Shadow Sunburst
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Natural
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black