Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Ordered MRV in #201 Matte Walnut

Hello all in PDF land,

I've been a long-time reader of this forum and I was always impressed by how close-knit this community is and how knowledgeable the members are. Regular posts from folks like Al Percival and Derek Wolfford send a great message about how Pearl cares about its customers. I have always meant to get around to joining the forum and participating in such a great community, and now I have the perfect excuse:

I've played an Export for the last 10 years and I have nothing but good things to say about these drums. I have outfitted them with Optimounts and Superhoops and they punch way above their weight, delivering a nice mix of tonality and toughness that completely belie the very reasonable investment it took to get them. However, I have always wanted the classic Pearl thin Maple shell. I'm pleased to say that after a long time I was in a position to reward myself and I recently placed an order for a Masters Maple Reserve kit.

As the title says, it's in #201 Matte Walnut. Sizes are:

10 x 7 RT
    12 x 8 RT
    14 x 14 FT
    16 x 14 FT
    20 x 16 BD

I placed my order with Just Drums, a wonderful shop in Toronto, Ontario, and was quoted a five month delivery schedule, which puts it in mid-August. Needless to say, I'm very excited to own a Masters kit!

2. Registered User

You just ordered my dream kit! I've been thinking of selling off my 8 piece MCX kit and placing an order for an MRV kit but I just can't seem to let this masters kit go, it sounds so good. Welcome to PDF and congrats on your new kit coming.. They're the best sounding shells Pearl ever made in my opinion!

3. Pearl Masters Drummer

Great decision and you will NOT be disappointed. Killer shells and finish!

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    You just ordered my dream kit! I've been thinking of selling off my 8 piece MCX kit and placing an order for an MRV kit but I just can't seem to let this masters kit go, it sounds so good. Welcome to PDF and congrats on your new kit coming.. They're the best sounding shells Pearl ever made in my opinion!
    Thanks Master! This has also been my dream kit for many years.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Great decision and you will NOT be disappointed. Killer shells and finish!
    Thanks Jutt. The shells are a timeless recipe so I wanted a timeless finish to go along with it. Matte Walnut definitely qualifies in my book.

6. Playing since 1976

This is going to be a beautiful kit... perfect sizes. I hope you enjoy it!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. life start at 125bpm

well done. you'll not regret your purchase . it's safe to say that pearl provides the best customer service . matte walnut....can't wait to see this kit. pics asap. i was going to say'''now the wait begins'''...but the delivery time frames have been lowered drastically at pearl.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. J-Con

Welcome to the forum Dude. Great sizes, color, and shell choices. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see pics, we love those around here. As if you didn't notice, lol.

Maybe you can post a few pics of your exports to hold us over? Will you be setting them up in the same manner? Are you getting new hardware or cymbals to go along with your kit?

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Dude. Great sizes, color, and shell choices. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to see pics, we love those around here. As if you didn't notice, lol.

Maybe you can post a few pics of your exports to hold us over? Will you be setting them up in the same manner? Are you getting new hardware or cymbals to go along with your kit?
    Thanks for the welcome! I have only an iPhone camera but I'm sure I could wrangle a few pics. Right now I'm playing the exports 2 up 1 down, with the 13 not currently in use. They see pretty regular use outside the home so they're packed up for a show tonight. As for cymbals/hardware, I've collected enough to outfit two kits, so I have one set of hardware packed up in a case and always ready to go. Same thing with cymbals.

The only need that might exist is a second ride -- currently I have an A series Sweet Ride that does double duty. I have my eye on the Sabian Artisan 22 Medium ride to go with my Artisan hats, but I want to play one in person before committing and no place near me has one.

10. Pearl Masters Drummer

A little matte walnut teaser on a RFP : )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Registered User

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Your gonna love those floor toms. Great choice on the finish. A timeless classic is right. But seriously pics of the Exports would be greatly appreciated! all my pics come from a cell phone.

12. Michal Zenca

Congrats !! Post pics
    Masters Reserve MRV #347 22x18,10x7,12x8,16x14
    Fiberglass-Wood 22x16,10x7,12x8,16x14 #327
    Session Select 20x14,10x7,12x8,14x14 + ordered 16x16 (Oct18") in #405
    Pearl snares: 14x6.5 Brass, 14x5.5 Aluminium, 14x6.5 MMX c.a 1994 in #110, M1946 Solid Maple 14x5.5, 14x8 Session Select #405