Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197
Results 2,353 to 2,360 of 2360
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Sooooooo...... I stopped at a pawn shop today because I got out of work early and they wanted $110 for a 20" zbt ride.... then another $45 for the no name boom stand. I quickly walked out the door lol
    Internet has ruined pawn shops. The cross reference everything through CL and eBay, or just look up the value of music instruments on their NEW prices.

Unless you find a pawn shop that deals in a high volume of merch and just need to move it off the floor or back room, it's hard to find a deal!

2. Is this Illidan?

EA Games is taking a kicking over Battlefront II. It's entertaining and sad. Sad because if history has shown anything - it will not change their sleazy practices, only prove that no matter what, people will continue to pay for a new game regardless of what EA does to monetize everything. Brilliant. ****ty. But brilliant.

3. "One, please."

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    EA Games is taking a kicking over Battlefront II. It's entertaining and sad. Sad because if history has shown anything - it will not change their sleazy practices, only prove that no matter what, people will continue to pay for a new game regardless of what EA does to monetize everything. Brilliant. ****ty. But brilliant.
    I am not plugged into the gamin world at all so I I did some reading after seeing your post.

I wonder if ten to fifteen years ago it wouldn't have been a big deal that Luke and Vader and others aren't available from the start. Is it because so much of console gaming is focused on online multiplayer these days that people feel they're being taken advantage of? Is there a middle ground people have come to accept regarding that? Is it okay for there to be some monetary charges while making the majority of achievements performance-based?

Personally, I have no interest in playing a a game online, at least against strangers. I grew up playing split-screen multiplayer and by the time online-based console games were taking off I was getting out of gaming. The last games I was playing regularly were GTA V and Halo 3, which my friends and I would play split-screen.

If I bought Battlefront II and had to unlock Vader or Chewie by beating the campaign mode a certain way, or something similar, I don't think I'd be that upset.
    "Hello. Hi, um, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of.

I'd like some welfare, please."

4. PDF Bashing Team Cap

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    If I bought Battlefront II and had to unlock Vader or Chewie by beating the campaign mode a certain way, or something similar, I don't think I'd be that upset.
    That was how you unlocked certain characters in Goldeneye, after all.

5. "One, please."

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    That was how you unlocked certain characters in Goldeneye, after all.
    Also through a ridiculous series of button combinations. Shadows of the Empire was worse, though. Worse, but so freaking worth it to 8-year-old me.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 58
Size:  69.3 KB
    "Hello. Hi, um, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of.

I'd like some welfare, please."

6. Is this Illidan?

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Yeah... that's not what we are talking about. You beat the campaign, you get nothing. It is literal multiplayer hours. And, if someone wants to spend say... $100 on loot boxes, they unlock that character day one and have a game-breaking advantage over everyone else. That's why people are choked. If it was as simple as beating single player mode, everyone would have shut up by now. But instead, EA has put together an $80 game, with the option to pay up to $150 for the whole game, plus you have to buy loot boxes, plus you have to play multiplayer instead of going to work for a few weeks to unlock a character that gives you a significant advantage over everyone else in the game.

That's why people are upset, they made a game that you pay for, pay to win.

Well played EA. Oh, and the latest is that they removed the 'cancel pre-order' button from the website. You now have to call in to customer service to cancel your pre-order.

Side note - I don't buy EA Games when they are new anymore. The last game I did that with was Mass Effect 3, never again. That was at the start of the DLC releases, now they are going game + DLC + Lootboxes. It's ****ty, and if people would actually just stop paying for it then it would stop all of this cycle of squeezing more money out of a game. ME3 at release was $60 which was in-line at the time. ME:A was $150 at release for the full game. Nooooooooope.

7. Rogue Ex-Mod

I honestly wish they'd just take Battlefront and Battlefront II for the PS2 and re-release it as one game with updated graphics and sound for the current platforms. Would be quite a bit better than what we've been getting. I love those games and still play them from time to time.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    I honestly wish they'd just take Battlefront and Battlefront II for the PS2 and re-release it as one game with updated graphics and sound for the current platforms. Would be quite a bit better than what we've been getting. I love those games and still play them from time to time.

I played those on the ps2. I was bad at it but I tried!