Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. funeral director.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,190

    Default 4-6 months for a Decade floor tom in Canada?!

    I have a 3 piece Decade on order, and I want to order an 18x16 floor tom to go with it. I understand it's 4-6 months to get one.. what's the deal Pearl?
    ___________
    l ,/ ___ l_ l_\_____
    l_@__________ @_l

  2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_ View Post
    I have a 3 piece Decade on order, and I want to order an 18x16 floor tom to go with it. I understand it's 4-6 months to get one.. what's the deal Pearl?
    It's has to be made just like the 14x10 tom and 18x14 bass drum offered in catalog but not stock option in configured shell packs .. 8x7,10x7,12x8,13x9, 14x14, 16x16, 20x16, 22x18 and 24x14 are all offered in various shell packs

    You order an 18x16 which isn't part of pre configured shell packs, Pearl makes it, then it gets boxed and boarded on a ship that doesn't leave port until it's full .. hence the 4-6 month wait

    What's not to understand?

    I'm assuming you ordered the DMP943XP/C shell pack .. what finish did you choose?
    80's Pearl G/M series in Emerald Forest WoodDye-10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in CherryRoseWine WoodDye-12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl G/M series in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

  3. funeral director.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,190

    Default

    [QUOTEI'm assuming you ordered the DMP943XP/C shell pack .. what finish did you choose? [/QUOTE]


    Satin white pearl. I was thinking of solid yellow, but again, it's a 4-6 month wait. Satin white was in stock

    I guess I just expected there would be some of these extra drums in stock. I may try to see if I can get it in the US
    ___________
    l ,/ ___ l_ l_\_____
    l_@__________ @_l

  4. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_ View Post
    [QUOTEI'm assuming you ordered the DMP943XP/C shell pack .. what finish did you choose?

    Satin white pearl. I was thinking of solid yellow, but again, it's a 4-6 month wait. Satin white was in stock

    I guess I just expected there would be some of these extra drums in stock. I may try to see if I can get it in the US[/QUOTE]


    While the numbers are low, I do show (1) DMP1816F/C229 (white satin Pearl) in-stock. But by the time your dealer tries and orders it could be gone, then it would be a special order 4-6 months delivery time.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    While the numbers are low, I do show (1) DMP1816F/C229 (white satin Pearl) in-stock. But by the time your dealer tries and orders it could be gone, then it would be a special order 4-6 months delivery time.
    Al,

    Kudos to the shipping change at Pearl.

    My last couple of Masterworks orders and special orders have taken only 4 months. A Masterworks snare I ordered on November 15th already showed up last week.
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  6. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Al,

    Kudos to the shipping change at Pearl.

    My last couple of Masterworks orders and special orders have taken only 4 months. A Masterworks snare I ordered on November 15th already showed up last week.

    We air ship all Masterworks now so it takes away from the extended wait time.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    We air ship all Masterworks now so it takes away from the extended wait time.
    Yes, I remember when I ordered a MW kit early last year that it arrived in only 4 months (after Tom had told me that they were trying a different means of shipping from overseas).

    I also special ordered some Elite percussion stuff last summer that arrived in about 3 months.

    MM
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •