Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Roll call, old members of Sabian's "The Zone"

Hey, y'all. Here's hoping the drums are booming, cymbals humming, sticks bouncing, etc.

Around the time I was in middle and high school, I was a regular poster on the Sabian drum forum (I believe it was called "The Zone"). That was over 10 years ago now. I got a wild hair today and tried to go to the old forum, but it's not there anymore. Any old Zoners here? I'm not confident that anybody would remember me specifically, but who knows. Curious to hear how folks are doing.

Roll call, if anybody is out there!

2. Registered User

Nope; but I feel your pain. I was a long-term member of the Remo forum before it died off a couple years ago. Got to know a lot of very cool people.

What killed the Remo forum?
    1. Horrible moderation (except the very last one "RV Jim". Great guy)
    2. Antiquated forum platform
    3. Zero oversight from Remo

Toward the end it was a very sad place. I'd check it out every now and again. Someone might post once or twice a week. All the long-term members departed. The last moderator tried pretty hard but it was already in its death throes.

3. Registered User

I was a member of the Sabian forum. I don't remember my user name though.

4. Paiste-oholic

I too was a member, but I also don't recall my name. Or, really much about the forum, to be honest.

Many official forums have come and gone, yet this one is still here, and going strong. Not to "kiss up" to Pearl, but I do think a lot of the success with this forum is that it has a few people representing the company, and they do it very well.

The only other official forum I frequent from time to time is the Tama one. Its look is antiquated, and doesn't get near the volume as this one. The forum looks like an early 2000s platform.

Does any other company do forums on their sites anymore? I know Paiste Gongs does, but their cymbal division does not.

5. Registered User

up yours

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Yamaha Stage Custom 18/12/14 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

6. Drummer since 1963

Sledge still here playing a lot in Murfreesboro.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.holmes...6975381387308/

Pearl Prestige Session/SPX drums
    Pearl MCX 5"x14" #258 Black Silk

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    Many official forums have come and gone, yet this one is still here, and going strong. Not to "kiss up" to Pearl, but I do think a lot of the success with this forum is that it has a few people representing the company, and they do it very well.
    Agreed. Try posting a photo on another forum. You have to jump through all sorts of hoops by using photobucket or similar. Half the time these sites lock up my computer. I've never seen a forum like the Pearl forum that's so easy to post photos.
    Last edited by Andy H; 03-20-2017 at 09:45 AM.

8. Unban nik12

I used to be a member but I forget my name. I got on this forum because of people talking about it on the Sabian forum

9. Music Lover

I loved that forum! Sabian told me it crashed and was too expensive to fix. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Gretsch Catalina toms and BD; Pearl Export BD; Mapex tom; Pacific SX Series (snare); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, Paragon, AAX ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

10. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Agreed. Try posting a photo on another forum. You have to jump through all sorts of hoops by using photobucket or similar. Half the time these sites lock up my computer. I've never seen a forum like the Pearl forum that's so easy to post photos.
    From what I remember Drummers World, Drumsmith, and Ghostnote are all pretty easy.

Thee thing is these forums are dying left and right. There are only a half dozen I can think of. The PDF was always busy. In fact, the activity here now, though not even close to what it was, is as good as some of those other forums at their peak.

Drumsmith is a ghost town. I have not seen a post there by anyone in weeks the last I checked.

11. Drummer since 1963

The forums were great when they first appeared but after awhile I think it becomes a matter of how many times can you post or read posts about what size sticks everybody uses, which heads do they use, do you tune by ear or use some other tuning aid, drumming itself, etc.
    When the Zone was at its peak it was fun. One by one people slowly disappeared until It got pretty desolate in its dying days.
    I still keep up with some friends from the old Zone on FB.

Pearl Prestige Session/SPX drums
    Pearl MCX 5"x14" #258 Black Silk

12. Paiste-oholic

The unofficial paiste-only forum is like that these days. I only need to check in every few days. It seems the traffic is grinding to a halt.