Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Can you put a cymbal arm in this mount?

I'm going to pick a matching kick today to my w5 kit (at least assume it's a w5 by the pictures) but it has the old style tom mount on it (pictured) and I wanted to know if it would accept a cymbal arm or if there was a way to make a cymbal arm work to mount my ride on it.

Name:  image-272555439.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  33.4 KB

I'm getting this kick so I can use my pearls in a small light weight config instead of my practice kit. I've used my virgin kick with a snare stand and a boom off of a cymbal stand for the ride, but I want to be able to use the least amount of hardware as I can. (4 piece, hats, 1 crash, and ride)

I've also thought about the Gibraltar sc-gbdca mount, but I don't know how it would hold up to me crashing on my ride.

2. Registered User

I think at one time I was able to get the top tube of a 70's Pearl cymbal stand to fit in that mount. Worse case you could get the Pearl hex arm that goes there and cut it down to just the bar. Then you could use any clamp or a DW puppy bone and mount a boom arm on that.

1978 Pearl Jazz/Rock Deluxe
    2008 Pearl Masters Premium
    2015 Pearl Crystal Beat
    2016 Pearl Roadshow Jazz
    2017 Pearl Session Studio Classic

3. Registered User

I ended up getting the kick and the 2 rack toms with arms for it. I'll have to mess with it and see what I can do. It needs a bit of work before I can gig it anyways.

I got the kick, the 2 rack toms, some cracked cymbals and a bunch of stand bottoms for $35. Not terrible.

4. NO KIT TOO BIG

look into the new pearl Bass Drum Cymbal arm, http://pearldrum.com/products/hardwa...olders/#chb830
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics

3 Kits and 6 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    look into the new pearl Bass Drum Cymbal arm, http://pearldrum.com/products/hardwa...olders/#chb830
    That's pretty cool... to bad it doesn't replace a lug like the atlas system... which could work too lol.

I like the look of that pearl one though, and I has a memory kick which is cool