Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. The Hardware Guy

I just wish Craigslist was as prevalent here as it is across the pond. So few people here use it it's never even a consideration (because I never remember it exists)

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I just wish Craigslist was as prevalent here as it is across the pond. So few people here use it it's never even a consideration (because I never remember it exists)
    Ah... Didn't notice your location. It still couldn't hurt to check. Some people won't ship, but some will if you cover shipping costs. And I know some will ship, but only domestically. In which case, if you have a friend in the states, the item could be shipped to them, then the friend can ship to you. Kind of a hassle, but if it's a unicorn item, it may be worth it.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Ah... Didn't notice your location. It still couldn't hurt to check. Some people won't ship, but some will if you cover shipping costs. And I know some will ship, but only domestically. In which case, if you have a friend in the states, the item could be shipped to them, then the friend can ship to you. Kind of a hassle, but if it's a unicorn item, it may be worth it.
    I'd handle that, should the need arise.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. The Hardware Guy

Can always count on my PDF brethren, thanks guys!

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

5. th droids yerlookn4

are we totally sure rocket shells is out of the game? ...i mean there sites still , nothing been updated in .......ever,, but neither has the eames drum sight, and i think hes still running lol.
    also, ming / mair drums seams to be an active sight .... theyre an asian company, specializing in carbon , fiberglass and mix ed material drumshells , i was wondering can you order snares or shells from these guys?

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    are we totally sure rocket shells is out of the game? ...i mean there sites still , nothing been updated in .......ever,, but neither has the eames drum sight, and i think hes still running lol.
    also, ming / mair drums seams to be an active sight .... theyre an asian company, specializing in carbon , fiberglass and mix ed material drumshells , i was wondering can you order snares or shells from these guys?
    Last I heard, Rocket Shells still makes snare shells (and complete snare drums, I believe), but stopped making kits a while ago.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

7. The Hardware Guy

I've already got an RS snare. Love it, it's been my main snare since 2005/6. But I'm looking for a specific Pearl snare, not just any carbon shelled snare. Kind of like looking for a 65 Mustang and buying a 2005 Camero. They might both have the same size engine and get you to the store and back, but they're different cars.

PICSPICS 2

8. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I've already got an RS snare. Love it, it's been my main snare since 2005/6. But I'm looking for a specific Pearl snare, not just any carbon shelled snare. Kind of like looking for a 65 Mustang and buying a 2005 Camero. They might both have the same size engine and get you to the store and back, but they're different cars.
    I've been waiting for a Tama PA355H or PC455H to pop up in really nice condition, and it's been a while now. It might never happen. I want one of the newer versions so I can change the strainer to one of the current models. I don't want one with this throw off, because it has a unique mounting hole pattern (4 holes), and could only be replaced with the same model.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  77.5 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I've been waiting for a Tama PA355H or PC455H to pop up in really nice condition, and it's been a while now. It might never happen. I want one of the newer versions so I can change the strainer to one of the current models. I don't want one with this throw off, because it has a unique mounting hole pattern (4 holes), and could only be replaced with the same model.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  77.5 KB
    If you find a snare that has everything you want, but has that throw-off, you could always make an adapter plate.

10. Playing since 1976

If you find a snare that has everything you want, but has that throw-off, you could always make an adapter plate.
    I'd rather not do that. I don't "need" another drum, as I have many. It's more about finding the right one, in much better condition.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. th droids yerlookn4

Last I heard, Rocket Shells still makes snare shells (and complete snare drums, I believe), but stopped making kits a while ago.
    yknow if they might make just the drumshells ? just curious

12. Registered User

yknow if they might make just the drumshells ? just curious
    Totally could be. I haven't really been keeping up with them over the past few years. I know they make carbon fiber shells for a lot of the bigger, and custom, drum companies (pretty sure they make DW's cf shells). It would be a shame if they stopped making complete drums altogether. They made/make nice stuff. I was curious to try that snare they made with the big puckered b-hole in the side.